Audeze---Alternative to Stock Cables
Jun 25, 2012 at 5:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

jackiedh

100+ Head-Fier
Just got a couple of Balanced cables and adapters from Q cables--absolutely great!!

Sound quality wise and the ergonomics of the cables are fantastic!

Jack

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #2 of 17
Also Steve Eddy is one of the best to deal with--very accommodating and helpful--

Jack

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #3 of 17
I've owned the Moon Audio Silver Dragon V.3, ALO Chainmail (8wire) and now the Qcable....I'd go with the Qcable. 
smile.gif

Jun 28, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 17
Q also does fantastic Interconnects--

jack

Jun 28, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #5 of 17
Steve Eddy has always been nice and we chat in PM a lot these days. I'd say to go for his cables. I like his attitude towards the cable naysayers too haha.

Apr 3, 2013 at 1:49 AM Post #13 of 17
I just got my Plussound Exo series cable (silver plated copper) and it sounds pretty nice. I was concerned i would experience the midrange suck out that many people have talked about on these forums. The sonic difference b/n this and the stock cable is subtle but definitely noticeable. I would say that the stock lcd had a propensity to somewhat collapse during very intense passages, or should i say meld the sounds together so it was hard to tell one from another. long story short, things could get messy. Not with this cable...the highs are very nicely defined no without any hint of exaggeration, the sound is clearer and smoother with very much improved separation and i'm now hearing a bit more in the field of dynamics (loud vs soft sounds), and vocals are even more nuanced than before. All this allows for a good increase in detail retrieval across the entire spectrum. Let me not forget to talk about that bass. The bass is even more defined/detailed, losing some of its bloom for a very tight presentation, still without losing impact. Overall i'm very pleased and I think everyone should get an aftermarket cable, because there is much untapped potential. This is not to say the stock cable is bad, but it could definitely be improved upon. I also hear that the q cable is a popular option (pure copper). Cheers!  

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #15 of 17
I gotta touch base w/ Steve and try out the Qcable!

I run a few different options (Double Helix, Nordost, WyWires, Moon Audio as well)

Currently my faves are:

Double Helix Cables Comp4 balanced (dual-XLR for my Cavalli Liquid Gold

Double Helix Cables Comp4 SE

Double Helix Cables Comp4 (updated w/ adapter kit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back