Audalytic AH90 - All in one Streamer, DAC, Heapphone Amp
Apr 7, 2024 at 11:37 AM Post #301 of 374
They are working on providing fixed ip currently. I will send you an update when it is available. When you see devices how are they connected? In your network or via Bluetooth? Do you have Gusarender 1.43s installed?
I seem to have the ‘normal’ 1.43 (not ‘s’). I don’t see the device in my network, nor bluetooth (it doesn’t have that I think). Therefore, I can also not use upnp or Tidal/Spotify Connect I assume. They all need a device to ‘cast’/connect to in the network.

Airplay works. However, oftentimes it doesn’t as well. So it’s very hit/miss.

How can I get the 1.43s on the device? Do you think that can be a fix?

Attachments

• IMG_7782.png
    IMG_7782.png
    283.5 KB · Views: 0
Apr 7, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #302 of 374
I seem to have the ‘normal’ 1.43 (not ‘s’). I don’t see the device in my network, nor bluetooth (it doesn’t have that I think). Therefore, I can also not use upnp or Tidal/Spotify Connect I assume. They all need a device to ‘cast’/connect to in the network.

The device has no bluetooth. The device requires the installation of the Gustarender in order to be addressed. You have to go into the software you use and search there for devices. Forget trying to find it in your network for the moment. That is the wrong approach. I am very happy with the new download of version 1.43s. The instructions were professionally written and allowed you to install using two methods. I installed a second storage card in the slot and followed the installation instructions. I then Turned the unit off and on again. I then restarted my computer so that both Tidal and Roon would cold start.

Looking under Roon I found a couple of instances of Gustarender. I tried them out until when I played from my laptop with the AH90 set to Lan the unit worked. The input I used was Lan and the output was the analog which feeds into my amp. Worked perfectly and better than the previous version.

AH90 streamer firmware download address:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hetrl751nuzrl1h/AH90_gustarender_1v43_only_AH90.zip/file

Under mac system you can use Balena Etcher to import the image into AH90
When you enter the menu and enter upgrade mode.

https://mega.nz/file/Rol10J7J#c7pXng-5_LFFkhJNkwm4X-nPAEfz_IJkmXYWUkZIWHY
(The example is R26. If it is AH90, just select the file of AH90.)

There is also an upgrade method that does not require operating the AH90 itself, which is to remove the TF card from the TF card slot on the back of the AH90 and directly use the computer to operate the TF card.
After completion, insert the card back into the AH90 and start it up.

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #303 of 374
What didn’t change?
- AH90 still isn’t visible in router settings
- Tidal/Spotify still don’t allow to ‘cast’, even though this should work according to Gustard
First, glad to see the support responding quickly and able to solve your issue!

Regarding Tidal not working, I believe this to be a source-device specific issue on your side. Again, I have firmware version 1v43 and Tidal casting works flawlessly (both from MacBook and iPad). On iOS (iPhone, iPad), make sure that in the settings under 'privacy and security' you enable local network access for the Tidal app. Can you check if this is enabled?

Regarding you not being able to find the device on your router, this is strange. Usually happens only if the device (AH90) has a static ip-address configured, but the AH90 should get it's ip from the router via DHCP. If you have an android phone Port Authority is a capable port scanner and will show the AH90 in your network.

Btw. don't get confused there is no 's' version of the firmware. Either you have version 1v43 or not. As of today this is the only 'stable release' firmware for the device.

Apr 7, 2024 at 4:58 PM Post #304 of 374
If you look at the release level received just yesterday, there has been a new s version. of 1.43. With it are better installation notes, and it installed perfectly. The installation software is no longer in Chinese and English. It is 100% english. The install of it to a blank new storage card took 6 minutes. It worked perfectly. Here is the download for the 1.43s version:

First, glad to see the support responding quickly and able to solve your issue!

Regarding Tidal not working, I believe this to be a source-device specific issue on your side. Again, I have firmware version 1v43 and Tidal casting works flawlessly (both from MacBook and iPad). On iOS (iPhone, iPad), make sure that in the settings under 'privacy and security' you enable local network access for the Tidal app. Can you check if this is enabled?

Regarding you not being able to find the device on your router, this is strange. Usually happens only if the device (AH90) has a static ip-address configured, but the AH90 should get it's ip from the router via DHCP. If you have an android phone Port Authority is a capable port scanner and will show the AH90 in your network.

Btw. don't get confused there is no 's' version of the firmware. Either you have version 1v43 or not. As of today this is the only 'stable release' firmware for the device.
If a person has tried to install the R26 streaming software it can create problems in the streamer on the AH90. This update is expressly designed for the AH90. That is why it has the designation "s" at the end. It is intended to improve the streamer and connection via the LAN input.

Apr 8, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #306 of 374
If you look at the release level received just yesterday, there has been a new s version. of 1.43. With it are better installation notes, and it installed perfectly. The installation software is no longer in Chinese and English. It is 100% english. The install of it to a blank new storage card took 6 minutes. It worked perfectly. Here is the download for the 1.43s version:
If a person has tried to install the R26 streaming software it can create problems in the streamer on the AH90. This update is expressly designed for the AH90. That is why it has the designation "s" at the end. It is intended to improve the streamer and connection via the LAN input.
According to the (mediafire) link you shared with us yesterday in your post #302, this firmware was uploaded 2024-01-17 and this is still the version 1v43 witihout 's'.

With 'release version' I literally mean that this firmware is released for all device owners on the offical AH90 page on the manufacturers' website http://www.gustard.cn/?post_type=products&page_id=17831. As of today, no AH90 firmware can be found there and thus I conclude there is only one 'official release' version, which is 1v43 that comes preinstalled.

I get that you are in contact with the manufacturer gustard and they are working on a release. Thanks for letting us know and this is good news! I just hope that they provide the firmware on the official website for all device owners. It cannot be that a serious company relies on 'links pointing to filesharing sites on a forum' for the rollout of their firmware. This not only confuses people but is a real security issue, as the firmware is a proper internet-connected linux os operating behind people's firewalls.

Edit: it seems that prior to my post, a manufacturer-account shared with us an improved firmware, version 1v43s. At the time of posting I could, for some reason, not see that post. I flashed that firmware to an sd card and tested it. I confirm that it indeed works flawlessly as @Deutschefach mentioned. Tidal also works @rfgdelion . A quick look at darkstat did not show any abnormal network traffic. Still, I hope to see that published officially on the manufacturers website, together with release notes and a checksum.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 8:53 AM Post #307 of 374
According to the (mediafire) link you shared with us yesterday in your post #302, this firmware was uploaded 2024-01-17 and this is still the version 1v43 witihout 's'.

With 'release version' I literally mean that this firmware is released for all device owners on the offical AH90 page on the manufacturers' website http://www.gustard.cn/?post_type=products&page_id=17831. As of today, no AH90 firmware can be found there and thus I conclude there is only one 'official release' version, which is 1v43 that comes preinstalled.

I get that you are in contact with the manufacturer gustard and they are working on a release. Thanks for letting us know and this is good news! I just hope that they provide the firmware on the official website for all device owners. It cannot be that a serious company relies on 'links pointing to filesharing sites on a forum' for the rollout of their firmware. This not only confuses people but is a real security issue, as the firmware is a proper internet-connected linux os operating behind people's firewalls.e
Interesting! I appreciate your insights. I have my own. When I have news, I will post it. Just so you know, I have given feedback. The updating software is now completely in English and the instructions for installation now involve no guesswork. Thanks for your feedback.

Apr 9, 2024 at 12:01 AM Post #308 of 374
Apr 9, 2024 at 2:27 AM Post #309 of 374

I get that you are in contact with the manufacturer gustard and they are working on a release. Thanks for letting us know and this is good news! I just hope that they provide the firmware on the official website for all device owners. It cannot be that a serious company relies on 'links pointing to filesharing sites on a forum' for the rollout of their firmware. This not only confuses people but is a real security issue, as the firmware is a proper internet-connected linux os operating behind people's firewalls.

Edit: it seems that prior to my post, a manufacturer-account shared with us an improved firmware, version 1v43s. At the time of posting I could, for some reason, not see that post. I flashed that firmware to an sd card and tested it. I confirm that it indeed works flawlessly as @Deutschefach mentioned. Tidal also works @rfgdelion . A quick look at darkstat did not show any abnormal network traffic. Still, I hope to see that published officially on the manufacturers website, together with release notes and a checksum.
Perhaps it’s obvious, but I cannot find the link. Can you be very specific?

Edit: got it

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 7:08 AM Post #312 of 374
Still would like to know the recommended power rating for the external source possibility - 12v, 13v, 14v, 15v? There is no way it operates the same across all those choices, thd+n must change no?
If it is a switching power supply, 2 amps of current meets the basic requirements.
For a linear power supply, a larger margin is recommended, 2.5 amps or more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 16, 2024 at 9:18 AM Post #314 of 374
Pfff...21 pages and only discussions about bugs/internet settings and other software issues...
Can somebody report on the pure sound quality ? Is it equal to The Gustard A26 ? What does a linear PS brings as improvement ? With the LSP, is the H90 equal to the A26 ? and compared to the FIIO K9 (same price, same chips...) what is better ?
So Interesting things, not IT stuff....

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2024 at 10:38 AM Post #315 of 374
Hi Lucus! About the sound quality. I used the AH90 without a liner power supply. It was good nice balanced sound. After I buy a liner power supply. If you use a linear power supply forexample a FIOO PL50 you got more deep sound, more dark backround if I can speak this. I think the A26 is more better but I can not comparsion them directly. I never lisened the FIIO K9. I hope this helped a little bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back