Audalytic AH90 - All in one Streamer, DAC, Heapphone Amp
Mar 31, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #286 of 374
It is not going to show you any kind of a pop menu. It acts like an appliance rather than a set top box. One you download the Gustarender or the USB software the system will be used rather like a printer. You use software on your computer or whatever, and direct it to be played on the AH90. So it is similar to using a printer, in a certain sense. It works super with Roon, and Tidal. JRiver and Foobar and several other services too. Tidal and Roon were so easy I decided to stay with them. I use a Wiim Pro to get services other than those, simply because it is easy to connect the WiiM to the AH90.
Am I correctly assuming that all involves a usb-cable between your computer and the AH90?

I am not trying to achieve any connection of this type, but purely 'cast to AH90' on the native Tidal/Spotify app.

Still stuck at the 'LAN WAITING...'
> Any suggestions on how to work around this that would be fantastic :wink:

Mar 31, 2024 at 4:56 PM Post #287 of 374
Apparently the only way to check the firmware version is via software, you can see that in foobar2000 and it shows as airplay device called "Gustarender-1v43" (but only on apple devices).

I think this is likely a software issue that can be fixed. There is a micro-sd card at the back of the device that contains a linux operating system for the streaming capability. This linux os boots every time the device is restarted and/or the input is switched to LAN. In the 'LAN wait'-state, I assume the os could not boot for some reason. I suggest asking the manufacturer for assistence, good thing is the sd-card can easily be swapped, they sure will send you a fresh one if you can't restore the correct firmware.
Thanks for your feedback.

With me it also doesn't show up as an Airplay device. Combined with the 'LAN WAITING...' status and absence of the AH90 in my router overview after being connected seems to underline the same: an issue with connecting to the local network.

Maybe some basics:
> If you want to play Spotify/Tidal connect, do you then use the LAN input?
> What is the status that you see there?

Mar 31, 2024 at 5:29 PM Post #288 of 374
> If you want to play Spotify/Tidal connect, do you then use the LAN input?
Correct.
> What is the status that you see there?
When music plays, the display shows the Format (PCM, MQA, DSD) and the sample rate, else 'LAN ready'.

I'm afraid there are no workarounds. Assuming that the streaming functionality was broken out of the box and your device never showed 'LAN ready' (even before you flashed the wrong (?) R26 firmware on the AH90), this is a clear case for a seller return. Why bother contacting Gustard and flashing different firmwares that might fix the issue? This is an expensive device that you expect to work flawlessly out of the box and that users shouldn't need to tinker with imo.

Mar 31, 2024 at 7:48 PM Post #289 of 374
The protocol for Airplay is not a part of it, not is Spotify currently. If you want to go that route you have to
Correct.

When music plays, the display shows the Format (PCM, MQA, DSD) and the sample rate, else 'LAN ready'.

I'm afraid there are no workarounds. Assuming that the streaming functionality was broken out of the box and your device never showed 'LAN ready' (even before you flashed the wrong (?) R26 firmware on the AH90), this is a clear case for a seller return. Why bother contacting Gustard and flashing different firmwares that might fix the issue? This is an expensive device that you expect to work flawlessly out of the box and that users shouldn't need to tinker with imo.
The AH90 is a network streamer, supporting Roon Bridge (based around the Gustarender), UPnP, HQ Player, and Tidal streaming functions through either the LAN connection or directly from the source connected. The company has not put forward if other protocols are planned for the future with the brand support.
There are no native apps though and they must be used on the source side, so there needs to be an application. If Spotify establishes a contact to Roon, hypothetically it should work. YouTube music is lossy as is Spotify for the moment. Chromecast can reach a WiiM and you can connect from there into one of the outputs to the AH90. That is the current status, as I understand it. The multiple connecting options make for a thorough streaming experience, though, even without WiFi or Bluetooth.

Spotify do not allow the kind of integration that Roon relies on, so no it doesn’t support Spotify via its app. Nor does it yet support Youtube music. Bluetooth is generally necessary for those protocols, or Chromecast. A WiiM supplies protocols like that at a ridiculously low price. I am happy with my setup. If things develop then the AH90 remains useful in another way. I still use Youtube music so I don't have to deal with the advertisements on Youtube.

Mar 31, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #290 of 374
The protocol for Airplay is not a part of it, not is Spotify currently. If you want to go that route you have to
Am I correctly assuming that all involves a usb-cable between your computer and the AH90?

I am not trying to achieve any connection of this type, but purely 'cast to AH90' on the native Tidal/Spotify app.

Y
The AH90 has no antenna.

Tidal can only connect using the Gustarender connection while using a connection. The AH90 has no bluetooth capability at all. What it seeing a data stream, delivered from either a USB connect or via a direct connect to a access point which has been sent a message through the Gusarender driver. It is not directly receiving simulcasting of any type. Music is sent to it either by a network, a usb cable or a device like a WiiM attached to the Gustard Audalytics AH90.

For example I send my CD over to it using a Coax Cable. When I turn on the Coax input it plays from my CD player. From my WiiM I use coax. From our NAS drive, I use software that sends the music to the network. Since the distance away make running cable difficult, I have a repeater picking up the signal sent to the modem. The repeater has a cable I attach to the AH90 directly. My WiiM is connected via an optical cable. These are the work arounds. Your concept is that the AH90 is itself a computer...it is only an appliance.

The AH90 can not see your cell phone because it does not have Bluetooth shaped eyes. That is why the AH90 requires a network, a usb cable or a device like a WiiM to be attached to the Gustard Audalytics AH90.

Apr 2, 2024 at 7:22 AM Post #292 of 374
Partial solution (directly from Gustard customer service):

————

hi
thank you for your mail,

If you accidentally import the R26 system into the AH90,AH90’s streamer will not work.
Fortunately, as soon as you import the AH90's system back into the AH90 itself, it will be restored immediately.

AH90 streamer firmware download address:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hetrl751nuzrl1h/AH90_gustarender_1v43_only_AH90.zip/file

Under mac system you can use Balena Etcher to import the image into AH90
When you enter the menu and enter upgrade mode.

https://mega.nz/file/Rol10J7J#c7pXng-5_LFFkhJNkwm4X-nPAEfz_IJkmXYWUkZIWHY
(The example is R26. If it is AH90, just select the file of AH90.)

There is also an upgrade method that does not require operating the AH90 itself, which is to remove the TF card from the TF card slot on the back of the AH90 and directly use the computer to operate the TF card.
After completion, insert the card back into the AH90 and start it up.

Regards
CS02
————

What changed?
- Lan status is now ‘LAN READY’
- After some time Airplay is available and workiny

What didn’t change?
- AH90 still isn’t visible in router settings
- Tidal/Spotify still don’t allow to ‘cast’, even though this should work according to Gustard

Status?
- I wrote them a few emails discussing solutions that didn’t end up working (change cables, change router porte, patience, etc)
- Didn’t get a solution yet and waiting for a follow up now

Question?
- If anyone is able to share how to make the device pop up in the router and/or Tidal/Chromecast (not lossly Airplay) that would be great

Apr 2, 2024 at 8:57 PM Post #293 of 374
The Email answer regarding the firmware I received today with the attachment:

Hello

thank you for your mail

The firmware of AH90 is here:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hetrl751nuzrl1h/AH90_gustarender_1v43_only_AH90.zip/file

When you operate the AH90 and enter the upgrade mode (go to the last item in the AH90 menu),
Then connect the AH90’s USB interface through your computer

You can refer to the update method of R26: (Just select the AH90 firmware file when opening the file)

Best regards

Attachments

• AUDALYTIC AH90 manual v1.1.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 0
Apr 2, 2024 at 9:04 PM Post #294 of 374
The Email answer regarding the firmware I received today with the attachment:

Hello

thank you for your mail

The firmware of AH90 is here:

When you operate the AH90 and enter the upgrade mode (go to the last item in the AH90 menu),
Then connect the AH90’s USB interface through your computer

You can refer to the update method of R26: (Just select the AH90 firmware file when opening the file)

Best regards
I never see it in the network probably because it has some crazy subnet address. It is available however. The information you received back I used when I did the upgrade before. I also want to do it again, but since it works and I am busy until the weekend, I will have time to try again on the weekend.

Again to play on Tidal just choose the Gustarender as the device. The AH90 when on, communicates with the Gustarender file and will show up in your Tidal list of playable devices. I never see it in the network: I see it in the software I am using ie Tidal, Roon etc. Try to get that far first.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2024 at 3:29 AM Post #295 of 374
So this is the last 'hurdle'. My TV is found (wireless), as was my previous Hegel H160 amp/streamer (wired).

For the love of me, I cannot understand why it wouldn't pop up? Also, I didn't get any feedback from Gustard yesterday and all I know is that v1.43 should allow casting.

To your point @Deutschefach: why would there be any need to upgrade in that case? What other features would it unlock?

IMG_7590.jpg

Apr 4, 2024 at 9:29 AM Post #296 of 374
Apparently the only way to check the firmware version is via software, you can see that in foobar2000 and it shows as airplay device called "Gustarender-1v43" (but only on apple devices).

I think this is likely a software issue that can be fixed. There is a micro-sd card at the back of the device that contains a linux operating system for the streaming capability. This linux os boots every time the device is restarted and/or the input is switched to LAN. In the 'LAN wait'-state, I assume the os could not boot for some reason. I suggest asking the manufacturer for assistence, good thing is the sd-card can easily be swapped, they sure will send you a fresh one if you can't restore the correct firmware.
Another #lifehack to check the version is to use Airplay.
IMG_7683.png

Apr 4, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #297 of 374
**UPDATE for all AH90 owners**
The issues surrounding fixed IP have been communicated. It will be addressed, and requires patience, testing and packaging it for us. If you are struggling now, install Gustarender and your software. This works for most people. If not, giving feedback here should allow thread members to help get the music flowing. The fix is in the mix and is a priority that is not forgotten. Our patience will be rewarded.

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:39 AM Post #298 of 374
I have gone through the entirety of this thread and still don't get why my soft/firmware upgrade doesn't allow me to use Tidal Connect nor Spotify Connect.

I've:
- Installed the latest R26 firmware ('overseas')
- Ran the usb program
- (After some time realized to) start the software update in the AH90's menu
- Selected the device on the usb program
- Selected the v1.43 firm/software
- Waited approx 5 mins
- Got a success message
- Switch off the device (as indicated) with the remote

Result:
- LAN status remains on 'WAIT...'
- Cable in the back shows green/orange blinking lights
- My router cannot seems to find the device (even though my previous Hegel streamer was found instantly)

Perhaps/surely, I'm missing a step here. Or should I not use the 'LAN input' and then expect my Tidal to show a cast button?

However, seemingly there seems to be a few ways of doing it. This thread is also already a few months old, so to come down to my question:

> What would be the best way to allow the device to use Tidal/Spotify Connect at this moment?
> Or am I missing something?
Have you checked out the choices you have in Tidal for devices to play to? Wait means the AH90 is awaiting input. You should be able to choose Guarender as a device. The device you are choosing to use to run Tidal should be in your network. It should be able to play now. As of the moment I don't believe Spotify recognizes Gustarender, so it will likely be unable to connect. Tidal, Qobuz and Roon do not have this limitation. Spotify is slow walking their connectivity.

Apr 7, 2024 at 5:54 AM Post #299 of 374
Have you checked out the choices you have in Tidal for devices to play to? Wait means the AH90 is awaiting input. You should be able to choose Guarender as a device. The device you are choosing to use to run Tidal should be in your network. It should be able to play now. As of the moment I don't believe Spotify recognizes Gustarender, so it will likely be unable to connect. Tidal, Qobuz and Roon do not have this limitation. Spotify is slow walking their connectivity.
The answer is: no devices are visible on Tidal Connect, besides my Android TV. I use it all the time, however, not with the AH90 apparently. Thinking more that it’s a defective unit.

Apr 7, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #300 of 374
The answer is: no devices are visible on Tidal Connect, besides my Android TV. I use it all the time, however, not with the AH90 apparently. Thinking more that it’s a defective unit.
They are working on providing fixed ip currently. I will send you an update when it is available. When you see devices how are they connected? In your network or via Bluetooth? Do you have Gusarender 1.43s installed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back