ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Oct 31, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #376 of 9,748

If they were pizzas, the Ether-C would be thin crust and the Eikon would be deep dish.

Does that make the Atticus a pan pizza?

And... now I'm hungry.   Thanks.

Oct 31, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #377 of 9,748

Both are great headphones. In comparison, I feel like the Eikon has much more body and weight to it than the Ether-C. The Ether-C is more thin, crisp, linear and spacious. The Eikon is more lush, impactful, musical and liquid.

If they were pizzas, the Ether-C would be thin crust and the Eikon would be deep dish.

Do you think that the Eikon is better than the Atticus with Prog-Metal music ?

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:31 PM Post #379 of 9,748

Both are great headphones. In comparison, I feel like the Eikon has much more body and weight to it than the Ether-C. The Ether-C is more thin, crisp, linear and spacious. The Eikon is more lush, impactful, musical and liquid.

MMMMM. Headphone pizza...

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #380 of 9,748

Sorry I'm on a low carb diet, I'll have to go with the ethers! I think the eikons should be compared against the Sony MDR z1r

Oct 31, 2016 at 3:46 PM Post #382 of 9,748
Do you think that the Eikon is better than the Atticus with Prog-Metal music ?

I'll be able to answer that with more certainty in a week or two.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #384 of 9,748
I get your mean but I'm an Italian guy from NYC ... thin crust is our thing ... so maybe not the greatest anology

New York pizza doesn't count. That's the Orpheus. I once built an entire vacation around eating pizza at a bunch of different spots in NYC. Best. Vacation. Ever.

Oct 31, 2016 at 4:19 PM Post #385 of 9,748
Am I mistaken in seeing you in the Sony thread? If not and you're due to have the new flagship, could you compare it to the Eikon?

I'm not in that thread, no. I like the new Sony A LOT, but don't have enough listening time with it to make a very meaningful comparison to the Eikon. If that changes, I will certainly let you know!

Oct 31, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #389 of 9,748
I'm curious about the highs. Are either of them able to create a sparkly treble?

Sure! Just apply glitter before playing music...

Sorry, couldn't help myself there. :) I associate sparkle with bright, and I didn't find either one bright. Han, Grizz or Hi might know better.

Oct 31, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #390 of 9,748
I'm curious about the highs. Are either of them able to create a sparkly treble?

Not what I would call sparkley, but definitely not dull either. I would call them linear and balanced, based on what I've heard so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back