1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hisoundfi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
Next

Last
  1. ProfFalkin
    Oh, it could always be worse. Just always be glad it isn't! :wink:

2. zach915m

True fact on both accounts.  I like that name actually, but as I have told others, my wife will choose the final winner.  [​IMG]

Yeah - I can't comment on this, sorry!

O boy, my wife better choose a good name!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
  3. ProfFalkin
    Yes. You must hear all the things.

4. DoctaCosmos

Didn't know this. Should make things easier.

Zmf the notebook
    Zmf kittens
    Zmf noshavenovember #grizzadamsaintgotnothingonmyhusband
    Zmf christmasmovies
    Jk

5. Eudis

Gaea pads sounds dope

ZMF Kittens. I think you have a dope lineup coming.

6. The_Blood_Raven

I Love the Blackwood. I'd recommend that personally.

DoctaCosmos and Floss99 like this.
  7. Hansotek

The Eikon is very different from the TH-X00. It is relatively linear, but warmer than neutral. It is very spacious and 3D sounding. Great subbass and nice fast transients as others have noted.

The Atticus bears some resemblance to the Fostex, in that it has extremely powerful and impactful bass, but the Atticus has WAY, WAY better mids and a much more refined sound, IMHO. I just received a pair with the final drivers yesterday and vocals are shockingly good on it.

desik and ProfFalkin like this.
  8. ProfFalkin

I LOL'd

9. ezekiel77

This one takes the cake!

10. frankietown

I ordered the Eikon Padauk. 

Do you think the HD800 or the Focal Elear would be a better complement for it? Trying to have one closed and one open headphone to have good coverage for most musical genres, watching movies, and playing video games.

11. Hansotek

It kinda splits the difference between the two in some ways. It really depends on whether you prefer a darker or a lighter sound. I would also say it depends on your amplification, source and budget. The HD800 is punishingly revealing - if you even have a bad RCA cable in your chain it can be a little nasty (YMMV). IMO, it takes about $2k to make it sound really good - a Chord Mojo + Cavalli Liquid Carbon combo + some good cables will really get the job done with the HD800 (obviously there are other options too, I just wanted to provide an example). The Focal Elear, on the other hand, is far less picky. Of the above equipment one would only need the Mojo to tap into a large chunk of its performance.

At the end of the day, the Eikon is going to be a fantastic change of pace for either one.

12. frankietown

Thanks. Definitely leaning towards the Elear then. Zach needs to open up a shop here in CA so I can demo his cans :D

13. cglin222

Have you tried eikon pads on th900, wonder how that would turn out, ppl tends to prefer angled pads on the 900

14. ProfFalkin
    I have not, as I don't own a pair of 900's. If someone wants to ship me a pair, if be happy to test it... And keep them.

15. Pharmaboy

Wow. Everything I hear about the Atticus--and particularly this msg--make me want them. They sound perfect for my tastes.

But that's the problem...because so does the HPFNAO (the headphone formerly known as Omni). And all woods are discounted from now until 12/15.

What a dilemma: buy an HPFNAO now (I've been jonesing for one all year)? Or wait til 1st or 2nd quarter of 2016 in the hope the Atticus will be available in add'l woods?

(damn)

First

Back
55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
Next

Last