1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hisoundfi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65
67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76
Next

Last
  1. ProfFalkin

Go to internet.  Find bank.  Get another credit card.  Buy Both.

Problem solved!

Hansotek likes this.
  2. heliosphann
    "I took out a second mortgage on my house..."

"Why'd you do that?"

"Stupid Head-Fi"

Hansotek likes this.
  3. ProfFalkin

Ohh, you must have done my suggestion a few too many times.

4. Pharmaboy

LMAO!

But I had a better idea. I knocked over a liquor store. Always wanted to do it. My BB gun looks so real. I got $46.

My lawyer asked me (during visiting hours) why I did such a crazy thing. I adjusted my orange jumpsuit and proudly replied: "The lush, euphonic ZMF Atticus--THAT'S why!"

5. mwhals

I bought Eikon, Atticus and am thinking of getting Omni. Cash for all of them thanks to saving up for such purchases.

6. jinxy245

I think Zach is going to need Presidential recognition for single handedly kick starting the economy.

7. westermac
    Hey Zach (or whomever has been fortunate enough to demo these cans), I had a question about the color/finish of the cherry wood...

The website images feature a very deep, rich red color whereas every photo of cherry Omnis (HPFNAO) I have seen are of a much more neutral tan color (see below for comparison). Is the cherry used for the Atticus/Eikon as deep a red as the website photos depict or has the saturation just been boosted to accentuate the color? (Disclaimer: I realize the natural variations of wood can result in differing shades, etc.)

The reason I ask is I think I would prefer the lighter weight of the cherry, however I prefer the more neutral color of the Padauk... so if the cherry was actually less red in person that would be a plus for me [​IMG]

maxresdefault.jpg

IMG_2892-3.jpg

8. The_Blood_Raven

The Red is the Padauk. The Tan is the Cherry.

FrontofZMFheadphones.jpg

9. westermac
    Oh boy! I'm very happy and slightly embarrassed. Thanks for clearing that up

10. Pharmaboy

Just one point about cherry--discussed several times in this string--cherry naturally darkens somewhat over time, a result of exposure to UV radiation in sunlight. Cherry turns a rather beautiful medium brown hue that I prefer vs the tan color of new cherry.

It's possible to stop this darkening by storing the headphones away from light, but IMO that's crazy. I think cherry gets more beautiful & interesting when it darkens.

BTW, this same darkening effect happens to most woods, to at least some degree. But cherry is well known for how evenly and prettily it darkens.

11. Hansotek

I don't think it will ever get as dark as Paduk though. The brown is still lighter than the Paduk red.

12. Pharmaboy

You're absolutely right. The 2 woods are totally different.

Raw cherry is on the brown continuum, starting out tan/very lt. brown, then becoming medium brown, subtle & rich. Raw padauk is on the brown/red continuum--lt. to medium brown w/a red cast. I haven't seen aged/darkened padauk, but I've heard it becomes more of a cordovan color--rich red/brown.

And it may be that some naturally darker woods don't darken as significantly as cherry. I'd have to do research that.

13. Hansotek
    Cherry Atticus.

IMG_4399.jpg

westermac likes this.
  14. ProfFalkin
    Nice! What kind of cable is that?

15. jinxy245
    They're so purty...I'm drooling on my computer [​IMG]

Hansotek likes this.
First

Back
56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65