ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jul 24, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #7,186 of 9,719
5D858CD5-A80C-41C5-85A9-E3310C839F0A.jpeg
You can't say your headphones arrived and not provide pictures... c'mon now

I like the camphor but they disappear into my bamboo desk :)

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2019 at 7:34 PM Post #7,187 of 9,719
Just received a Feliks Euforia OTL Amp from another Member, very, very early findings include that I’m hearing bass and soundstage that I didn’t know the Vérité can produce. It’s Mrs. Wildcats birthday, so not going to have a lot of head time for a couple days, I’m looking forward to getting to know the Euforia better!

Always wanted to hear the Euforia. With a name like that, how can you lose?

I only heard one OTL with ZMF headphones (my Woo WA3) & IMO it's 100% good in a bunch of subtle sonic ways with the Eikon & my friend Anthony's Aoelus (and Jupiter Audio Research's JAR650 mod).

I recommend you try it with any planar on hand. People say planars behave differently w/a high impedance source than you'd expect, and they're right: I got really superb sound with the WA3 driving the HEX v2 & pre-fazor LCD-2.1.

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Wildcat!

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #7,190 of 9,719
Nice man! I have been reading up on that amp, and it is on my list for a possible endgame, along side the ZMF Pendant, Glenn OTL, and AmpsandSound Mogwai SE. I look forward to reading your impressions.
You just ticked off my wish list!!!!

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:44 PM Post #7,191 of 9,719
Congrats on picking up a Euforia! Hope you're following the thread. What tubes did they come with if you don't mind me asking? It's amazing what the amp can do especially once you start tube rolling.

It came with the stock tubes, I have lots of 6NS7s, but need to look into 6336 (from Zach) and the EL38/39 (if I can find a pair). I’ve been lurking on the Euforia Thread for awhile, looking at it, the GOTL, and the Crack/Speedball. I traded my Milo for an Atticus and the Euforia, very pleased, and hope Dan is with the Milo, it’s one of the best SS I’ve heard.

Jul 24, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #7,192 of 9,719
Always wanted to hear the Euforia. With a name like that, how can you lose?

I only heard one OTL with ZMF headphones (my Woo WA3) & IMO it's 100% good in a bunch of subtle sonic ways with the Eikon & my friend Anthony's Aoelus (and Jupiter Audio Research's JAR650 mod).

I recommend you try it with any planar on hand. People say planars behave differently w/a high impedance source than you'd expect, and they're right: I got really superb sound with the WA3 driving the HEX v2 & pre-fazor LCD-2.1.

Happy Birthday to Mrs. Wildcat!

Interestingly enough, she wanted some 6336 and EL39s!!!! (Nah, I don’t have a death wish)...

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:40 AM Post #7,194 of 9,719
I demoed the Atticus with the both the Feliks Elise and less expensive Feliks Echo. In the end I went with the Echo because I thought the Elise sounded too tame and polite. It probably depends on what type of music you listen to when deciding between the Elise (acoustic, classical, etc.) and Echo (rock). That said ... the Elise also sounded great, is very clean and is probably more flexible with more musical genres.

echo would be a good budget solution.
does it have the punch of his brother espressivo? i used aeolus and percussions were like shotgun blasts. i loved them...

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #7,195 of 9,719
echo would be a good budget solution.
does it have the punch of his brother espressivo? i used aeolus and percussions were like shotgun blasts. i loved them...
The Echo does have good punch which is why I chose it over the Elise. The Elise was very clean and neutral but didn't have the "punch" of the Echo which I prefer with the type of music I listen to.

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #7,196 of 9,719
The Echo does have good punch which is why I chose it over the Elise. The Elise was very clean and neutral but didn't have the "punch" of the Echo which I prefer with the type of music I listen to.

That's great to hear that. It is a pity you didn't hear espressivo, you could have been even more precise.

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #7,197 of 9,719
@Wildcatsare1 Wait you have an Atty? Welcome to the club brother. Can’t wait for your impressions.

I’m jamming them now, while working, beautiful is how I’d describe them. Listening to the Van Morrison, Joey Francisco album, the music style is a bit cheesy, but damn it sounds beautiful with the Euforia/Atticus combination!

The Atty came with the felt pads installed, which do you prefer, these or the Leather?

Jul 25, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #7,198 of 9,719
That's great to hear that. It is a pity you didn't hear espressivo, you could have been even more precise.
Both my Mjolnir and the Elise I heard do have/had more detail than the Echo, but detail on the Echo is still very good. The Mjolnir 2 has as much punch as the Echo and is also more holographic, but ... sound from the Mjolnir is also more forward than the Echo which makes it harder for me to listen to for longer periods than the Echo ... so I tend to use the Echo more often and particularly for longer listening sessions.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #7,199 of 9,719
I’m jamming them now, while working, beautiful is how I’d describe them. Listening to the Van Morrison, Joey Francisco album, the music style is a bit cheesy, but damn it sounds beautiful with the Euforia/Atticus combination!

The Atty came with the felt pads installed, which do you prefer, these or the Leather?

I’m using stock Ori Lamb

I had a dream that I pad swapped and suddenly the Atticus sounded super sibilant. I know that’s impossible (and why am I dreaming about headphones?), but I’ve been hesitant to pad roll since. I just love how full the sound is, and I wouldn’t want to decrease the midbass, as that’s where acoustic guitars live.

Jul 25, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #7,200 of 9,719
I just switched to the Ori Lamb, it opens the sound up a bit. To be honest, I like both of the pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back