ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Apr 25, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #7,052 of 9,716
Has anyone seen this yet?

It's adorable and I have no idea who made it as they didn't tell us about it. Anyways - if you made this, send me an email! I love it! And all the details are accurate and in depth.

I can only imagine how much time and effort went into this, I really appreciate the idea of the channel aside from our headphones being reviewed.

Oh man...ha ha.
this is so well done...thanks for posting.

I have only seen part one so far...looking forward to part two and three.

These are big headphones and the weigh the same as 36 cookies!!

Apr 26, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #7,054 of 9,716
All three were funny, but I agree that the rap at the end was priceless.

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:06 AM Post #7,055 of 9,716
Has anyone seen this yet?

It's adorable and I have no idea who made it as they didn't tell us about it. Anyways - if you made this, send me an email! I love it! And all the details are accurate and in depth.

I can only imagine how much time and effort went into this, I really appreciate the idea of the channel aside from our headphones being reviewed.

Too cool! Especially considering I watch no fewer than 5 episodes of Sesame Street a day with my 1 year old daughter. I want one of those mannequin heads to store my Eikon on my desk.

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #7,056 of 9,716
That is awesome! But where is part 2? And who knew Santa is actually a Terminator?

Hearing Arnold asking, “who’s been naughty or nice” followed by automatic weapons and explosions!

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #7,057 of 9,716
To do it properly, you would have to strip the varnish (not easy or fun), sand it smooth, dye it, sand it, dye it again, sand it, seal it, sand it, seal it again, sand it, stain it, sand it, varnish it, sand it, varnish it, sand it, and put on a final coat of varnish.

By the way, you need 24 hours between each varnish application so it sets properly, and a full week for the final coat to cure.

Also, be careful not to deform the cups with all that sanding.

:)

"deformed cups"

(shock & awe)

Apr 27, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #7,058 of 9,716
Deep river blues sounds wonderful with the setup I have. If you have suggestions for blues let me know. always expanding , exploring and looking.

A few blues suggestions, all heard to great effect on the Aeolus w/various amps (a terrific headphone):

Boz Scagg's latest:

2 telecaster masters cover Albert King's "Drowning on Dry Land" (wait for Josh Smith's inventive jump-swing/country picking solo):

Live cut from Josh Smith w/the great Matt Schofield, a masterfull strat player:

Apr 28, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #7,059 of 9,716
I opened my Eikon Burl Wood today! :o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:

0cChEEg.jpg
ZzlPagM.jpg

kEGC1bQ.jpg
WKqPZgt.jpg

xFZvshj.jpg

Ctr99Tx.jpg

VcV7DJF.jpg

Apr 28, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #7,061 of 9,716
Apr 29, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #7,062 of 9,716
Holy cow! That pattern is amazing.

Agreed, thanks. And thanks to Zach @zach915m for matching the cups to my request. I was one of the first to order these so the look I wanted was available. It truly is a beautiful headphone and feels like an instrument in my hands. I won't comment on the sound until I've burned them in on pink noise for a week, but as of right now I HIGHLY recommend ZMF based on build-quality and customer service alone.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #7,064 of 9,716
Apr 29, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #7,065 of 9,716
What cable is that?

Norne Silvergarde S3, ordered as below:

Silvergarde S3 - 4-wire (4 x 20awg) - Pure silver occ litz - cotton multicore 11-core - infused polymer center core
multi-layer (cotton + teflon) - pure textile headphone cable
options:
- Headphone Type: ZMF (mini-xlr, black with copper metallic logo R and silver metallic logo L)
- Length: 5 ft.
- Cable Termination: Oyaide P285T 1/4" connector (silver barrel)
- Silvergarde Sleeve #1: *exclusive* Black wiith dual metallic tracer (copper + silver)
- Silvergarde Sleeve #2: Brown/Black (herring bone)
- Premium Splitter Options (optional): *new* Dark Copper Triangle with silver raised inlay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back