ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Apr 29, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #7,066 of 9,702
Norne Silvergarde S3, ordered as below:

Silvergarde S3 - 4-wire (4 x 20awg) - Pure silver occ litz - cotton multicore 11-core - infused polymer center core
multi-layer (cotton + teflon) - pure textile headphone cable
options:
- Headphone Type: ZMF (mini-xlr, black with copper metallic logo R and silver metallic logo L)
- Length: 5 ft.
- Cable Termination: Oyaide P285T 1/4" connector (silver barrel)
- Silvergarde Sleeve #1: *exclusive* Black wiith dual metallic tracer (copper + silver)
- Silvergarde Sleeve #2: Brown/Black (herring bone)
- Premium Splitter Options (optional): *new* Dark Copper Triangle with silver raised inlay

Thanks! I was looking at maybe getting that cable.

Apr 29, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #7,067 of 9,702
Your Eikon is beautiful, love the “robin egg speckles” in the wood grain!

Apr 29, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #7,068 of 9,702
Your Eikon is beautiful, love the “robin egg speckles” in the wood grain!

Ahh, that's a great description of it! In fact, I think I have some leftover Easter candy eggs that resemble it, Lol.

Apr 29, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #7,069 of 9,702
I opened my Eikon Burl Wood today! :o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile::o2smile:

0cChEEg.jpg
ZzlPagM.jpg

kEGC1bQ.jpg
WKqPZgt.jpg

xFZvshj.jpg

Ctr99Tx.jpg

VcV7DJF.jpg

These're so pretty they hurt my eyes!

Saw a couple examples of burl Eikons at CanJam...insanely good woodwork by Zach & ZMF.

May 3, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #7,071 of 9,702
Ahhh...
You know, I was going to post something here about how FREAKING AMAZING the Eikon is sounding right now after 95 hours of burn-in, but I just can't keep my eyes focused on the screen long enough to type out my thoughts. Sitting here in the dark, rest of the family asleep, with the phantasmic glow of the 7236 and CV4004 tubes in my Audiotailor Jade illuminating my desk, it's just way too hard to resist turning off my screen, reclining my chair and disappearing into my chill-out playlist. Good God, I love these headphones. Well played Mr. Mehrbach, well-played.

May 6, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #7,072 of 9,702
For anyone wondering - I had the Auteur suede perf pads laying around for testing with the Verite, and thought I'd experiment with them on the Eikon. You know... FOR SCIENCE! The Auteur perforated suede pads on the Eikon are not something I personally would recommend, as the bass gets reduced quite a bit. By quite a bit, I would say by half. It makes the Eikon shift to a treble centric sound, with little bass and a notable reduction in mids. For me it's a hard pass. Thought I'd share.

May 6, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #7,074 of 9,702
Is there any way to adjust the headband on the Atticus beyond the last notch? My head is probably reptilian small but this is the first headphone I can't make to sit tight.
You might get in touch with Zach, and see if he could sell you a suede strap. The suede strap, is supposed to make it a couple of clicks smaller.

May 6, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #7,075 of 9,702
Is there any way to adjust the headband on the Atticus beyond the last notch? My head is probably reptilian small but this is the first headphone I can't make to sit tight.

Another option is to purchase a ZMF pilot pad to provide more cushion/comfort/thickness to the headband strap and provide a tighter fit.

May 6, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #7,077 of 9,702
Thanks, I can see the pilot pad on the ZMF website, but no suede strap.
The suede strap is a new option, and you might get in touch with Zach, to see if he will sell you one. I have a super small head, and went with the suede strap, on my Aeolus, for that reason.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #7,079 of 9,702

Yep send me an email - options are:

1. Flatten headband out. Search for "ZMF Headband Bending" on youtube.

2. Suede strap. Also a video showing installation on youtube.

3. Pilot pad. Not made for the atticus so I'd recommend this as a third option, but it will work!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back