ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
May 6, 2019 at 5:51 PM Post #7,081 of 9,671
May 17, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #7,082 of 9,671
IMG_0447.jpeg
Can't wait to spend the next while with these two! The Eikon looks really cool in the lighter colour, although I have always preferred darker woods. Really neat.

May 17, 2019 at 6:54 PM Post #7,083 of 9,671
Can't wait to spend the next while with these two! The Eikon looks really cool in the lighter colour, although I have always preferred darker woods. Really neat.
Very nice! Fun times ahead, for sure!

May 18, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #7,084 of 9,671
Very nice! Fun times ahead, for sure!

Definitely dude! I was just having a listen, doing some direct initial A/B with the Verite. The Eikon isn't as technically proficient (and I'm not saying its bad!) but it just has a very pleasing timbre and tone : )

EDIT:

OK here is something I have noticed. A proper seal is very important. This is the first time my glasses have caused a problem with wearing headphones (apart from some discomfort depending on the model.) I'm finding it is a problem with the Verite and the Eikon, but particularly the Eikon. Not on both sides funnily enough, just the left side. It is breaking the seal and I am losing a bit bass presence. Comfort with glasses isn't a problem with the Verite and Eikon though, the pads just suck them in, haha.

Last edited:
May 18, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #7,085 of 9,671
IMG_0451.jpeg

I've been spending the entire evening with the Eikon (Eikon Suede installed currently) today. These aren't burned in at all yet, so please note that.

I'm enjoying the tone and timbre of the Eikon so much. There is just something so pleasing about listening to them so far. They are also a pretty punchy headphone, however this might just be the nature of the DD vs the planars I am used to, rather than the Eikon in particular.

The Verite drags more detail out of the recording I think. However, for a closed headphone to sound this good is a bit foreign to me.....and it costs $1400USD. How much does Audeze charge for the LCD-XC? $1800 I think? These are clearly the more proficient sounding headphone. I know Zach bumped up into the more expensive arena (still not $6000) with the Verite, but the Eikon is a $1400USD headphone! I'm stoked on that fact. You get real quality for your money with the Eikon imo. The build is really solid as well.

Two things I have noticed

-Glasses can be a problem. On my left side, they are breaking the seal and I am definitely losing bass, leading to a little bit of an imbalanced sound. Not a huge deal, but something to be noted.

-The rod adjuster thingies are terrible (sorry Zach!) They are a pain to get them moving, and when you do they jump a million steps more than you want. Then you try to get them back down, and they go all the way to the beginning. Im over exaggerating a bit..but yeah, its not the best system. Maybe I need to figure out a trick that I haven't thought of yet. Will report back.

May 20, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #7,086 of 9,671

I've been spending the entire evening with the Eikon (Eikon Suede installed currently) today. These aren't burned in at all yet, so please note that.

I'm enjoying the tone and timbre of the Eikon so much. There is just something so pleasing about listening to them so far. They are also a pretty punchy headphone, however this might just be the nature of the DD vs the planars I am used to, rather than the Eikon in particular.

The Verite drags more detail out of the recording I think. However, for a closed headphone to sound this good is a bit foreign to me.....and it costs $1400USD. How much does Audeze charge for the LCD-XC? $1800 I think? These are clearly the more proficient sounding headphone. I know Zach bumped up into the more expensive arena (still not $6000) with the Verite, but the Eikon is a $1400USD headphone! I'm stoked on that fact. You get real quality for your money with the Eikon imo. The build is really solid as well.

Two things I have noticed

-Glasses can be a problem. On my left side, they are breaking the seal and I am definitely losing bass, leading to a little bit of an imbalanced sound. Not a huge deal, but something to be noted.

-The rod adjuster thingies are terrible (sorry Zach!) They are a pain to get them moving, and when you do they jump a million steps more than you want. Then you try to get them back down, and they go all the way to the beginning. Im over exaggerating a bit..but yeah, its not the best system. Maybe I need to figure out a trick that I haven't thought of yet. Will report back.

How do you like the suede pads versus the stock lambskin? I'm thinking of ordering the suede Auteurs as a second set.

May 20, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #7,087 of 9,671
How do you like the suede pads versus the stock lambskin? I'm thinking of ordering the suede Auteurs as a second set.

So far, and please keep in mind the headphones are not fully burned in, and I have only had a few days with them...

For the Eikon I have the Eikon pads in both Suede and Lambskin. I definitely prefer the Suede Eikon pads over the lambskin Eikon pads, on the Eikon at least. They just seem to match up really well, and the comfort is next level!

Jun 1, 2019 at 4:38 PM Post #7,088 of 9,671
ZMF VÉRITÉ SILVER vs ZMF 2K COPPER
https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-cables/verite-silver
https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-cables/zmf-2k-copper-rbzz4

Okay boys and girls, here's a brief write up on the Verite Silver and 2K Copper cables. Just for note, my Verite Silver cable is 2-strand and un-sleeved and my 2K Copper cable is sleeved. Price wise these two configurations are the same. Also be aware that all 2-strand Verite Silver cables are pure silver with a 2K copper core. 4-strand Verite Silver cables can be configured with all pure silver (or hybrid).

BUILD

Both cables are well constructed and have several different options for upgraded connectors/splitters/sleevings. Mine have all basic connectors/splitters, but they still look and feel excellent. The biggest difference by far is the 2-strand Verite Silver cable extremely light and flexible. It barely feels like you have a cable attached to your headphones. The 2K Copper cable only comes in a 4-strand configuration and is much more robust (even more so with a sleeve). I never found it to be that cumbersome, but depending on you preferences that could be a factor.

SOUND

Here we go again... Just to get this out of the way, I do in fact believe headphone cables can in fact contribute an audible difference. However, the differences are in very subtle quantities. If you're looking to change the sound of a pair of headphones, the cable should be at the very bottom of your priorities. That being said, I found the Verite Silver cable compared to the 2K Copper cable to provide a tad more airiness and better refinement the treble region. The trade-off is there is a slight loss of low end heft, but it isn't that significant. The 2K Copper in comparison has a smoother presentation up top and a heftier bottom end than the Verite Silver. I primarily used my Zircote Verite and Blackwood Auteur when comparing these cables, and ended up pairing of the Verite w/Verite cable and the Auteur w/2K Copper. I felt those combinations matched up the best for my preferences.

CONCLUSION

So which one should you buy? Well both is the correct answer, but I suppose if you only need one I can't recommend one over the other. I suggest you try to match up what fits in your chain the best and choose accordingly. Both are fantastic premium cables at a reasonable price. The wait/build time is also very good compared to many other headphone cable makers.

***Also as of this post's date until JULY 1ST, the VERITE SILVER cables are 20% off!***

The whole gang...

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #7,090 of 9,671
Got so stoked about my Virete that I ordered an Eikon last night and posted my Mr Speakers Ether Flow and Ether C for sale. Ether C sold the same night.
So question for Eikon owners. What works best? An all silver headphone cable or a Copper one?

Jun 6, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #7,091 of 9,671
Got so stoked about my Virete that I ordered an Eikon last night and posted my Mr Speakers Ether Flow and Ether C for sale. Ether C sold the same night.
So question for Eikon owners. What works best? An all silver headphone cable or a Copper one?
Congrats! I love my Eikons! I use the Cardas Light balanced and 6.3mm cables most of the time. I like the warmness of copper in general but to each there own.

Jun 6, 2019 at 5:06 PM Post #7,092 of 9,671
for me, copper for sure given it's slightly warmer signature vs silver. i found the Eikon slightly north of neutral, but with a mild spike around 4K that i tempered by running the warmest equipment on hand. most don't react to the 4K region like i do though, so take that with a huge grain of salt. i seem to be in the minority on not liking that particular area of the frequency response. congrats on the Eikon, it is mighty impressive! so next up is the Atticus, then Aeolus? :wink: Hey, gotta catch em all....

Jun 7, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #7,093 of 9,671
I ordered a Draug 3 from Norne. It is all copper cord . I can switch with the Einvaldi on my Verite to determine if I should go silver.

Update: Ordered an S3 C Silvergarde today for Eikon as well. Lots of ZMF variety.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 5:00 AM Post #7,094 of 9,671
ZMF VÉRITÉ SILVER vs ZMF 2K COPPER
https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-cables/verite-silver
https://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-cables/zmf-2k-copper-rbzz4

Okay boys and girls, here's a brief write up on the Verite Silver and 2K Copper cables. Just for note, my Verite Silver cable is 2-strand and un-sleeved and my 2K Copper cable is sleeved. Price wise these two configurations are the same. Also be aware that all 2-strand Verite Silver cables are pure silver with a 2K copper core. 4-strand Verite Silver cables can be configured with all pure silver (or hybrid).

BUILD

Both cables are well constructed and have several different options for upgraded connectors/splitters/sleevings. Mine have all basic connectors/splitters, but they still look and feel excellent. The biggest difference by far is the 2-strand Verite Silver cable extremely light and flexible. It barely feels like you have a cable attached to your headphones. The 2K Copper cable only comes in a 4-strand configuration and is much more robust (even more so with a sleeve). I never found it to be that cumbersome, but depending on you preferences that could be a factor.

SOUND

Here we go again... Just to get this out of the way, I do in fact believe headphone cables can in fact contribute an audible difference. However, the differences are in very subtle quantities. If you're looking to change the sound of a pair of headphones, the cable should be at the very bottom of your priorities. That being said, I found the Verite Silver cable compared to the 2K Copper cable to provide a tad more airiness and better refinement the treble region. The trade-off is there is a slight loss of low end heft, but it isn't that significant. The 2K Copper in comparison has a smoother presentation up top and a heftier bottom end than the Verite Silver. I primarily used my Zircote Verite and Blackwood Auteur when comparing these cables, and ended up pairing of the Verite w/Verite cable and the Auteur w/2K Copper. I felt those combinations matched up the best for my preferences.

CONCLUSION

So which one should you buy? Well both is the correct answer, but I suppose if you only need one I can't recommend one over the other. I suggest you try to match up what fits in your chain the best and choose accordingly. Both are fantastic premium cables at a reasonable price. The wait/build time is also very good compared to many other headphone cable makers.

***Also as of this post's date until JULY 1ST, the VERITE SILVER cables are 20% off!***

The whole gang...

What headphone stand is this....looks like the perfect height not to crowd the headphone jacks with the cables on the cans.

Jun 11, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #7,095 of 9,671

Users who are viewing this thread

Back