ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jul 4, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #5,911 of 9,741
Should have my Atticus on Monday. Will be sure to take a few pics. All suede ash Atticus with an Atmos S cable.

Hoping the extra padding with the padded suede strap works out well. Really looking forward to this.

Congrats. I can't wait to see the pics.

Great headphone.

Jul 5, 2018 at 3:35 AM Post #5,912 of 9,741
Jul 5, 2018 at 3:44 AM Post #5,914 of 9,741
less midbass, more "air", more treble, smaller soundstage, less magical mids
thanks alot, do you happen to know how the ori pads change the sound

Jul 5, 2018 at 3:48 AM Post #5,916 of 9,741
What he said. Ori pads, as far as I know, are the stock Atticus pads. So they give you all the uncensored Atticus magic, bass and all.

thanks, i saw besides suede pads some people talk bout another pad for the atticus that is not stock, so was wondering what that other pad does to the sound

Jul 5, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #5,917 of 9,741
thanks, i saw besides suede pads some people talk bout another pad for the atticus that is not stock, so was wondering what that other pad does to the sound
Well all ZMF pads (Eikon/Auteur) will fit the Atticus, but Zach only recommends the stock Ori pads and Ori suede as far as I know.

Jul 5, 2018 at 10:07 AM Post #5,918 of 9,741
So is there a special Atticus with angled ear cups or are my eyes deceiving me?

DRNjd45U8AEEO3B.jpg:small

Jul 5, 2018 at 11:36 AM Post #5,920 of 9,741
Those look normal to me. The cups can move quite easily in all directions so I'm assuming you're talking about the lighter one appearing to stick out more.

It might be the angle but it reminded me of the the wider sony mdr-r10.

2783798.jpg

Jul 6, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #5,921 of 9,741

Atticus originally came with Eikon leather pads, but was later changed to Ori leather pads.

Does anyone prefer their Atticus with Eikon pads for even less air and more mids and bass? :p

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #5,922 of 9,741
Has anyone tried them with the Auteur pads? I must have a big head, I prefer the larger ear holes.

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #5,923 of 9,741
Will have my Atticus this Wednesday.
@grizzlybeast put his up for sale but sent them into Zach (the wait is killing me) for a “tune-up” so to speak so I believe I’ll be receiving a perfect like new set here in a few days for a really good deal. Has the Ori pads and a 4pin XLR.
Thank you @grizzlybeast. You’re the man! I’ll take some pics when I get them.

I guess it’s irrelevant as I already bought them,
but has anyone paired these with a MJ2 and Gumby?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 5:44 PM Post #5,925 of 9,741
Will have my Atticus this Wednesday.
@grizzlybeast put his up for sale but sent them into Zach (the wait is killing me) for a “tune-up” so to speak so I believe I’ll be receiving a perfect like new set here in a few days for a really good deal. Has the Ori pads and a 4pin XLR.
Thank you @grizzlybeast. You’re the man! I’ll take some pics when I get them.

I guess it’s irrelevant as I already bought them,
but has anyone paired these with a MJ2 and Gumby?

I also bought my Atticus from a fellow Head-fi'er. My pair came with the stock TRS plug. I changed that to a 4-pin XLR so I could use my new-to-me Atticus with my Mjolnir I. Balanced and effectively infinite power makes an unsubtle difference with the Atticus. Everything is better balanced. I do not have the Gugnir, I feed my Mjolnir with a balanced signal straight from my AK70 MkII. More on the Mjolnir I: as compared to the pocket-sized Fulla 2, bass is fuller, deeper, more nuanced (more overtones and details are audible) and better controlled. Soundstage is wider, Mids and highs are more audible, but still strangely "back in the mix". They aren't recessed in that they don't sound muted, it's just that they sound like they are coming from behind the bass instruments as compared to the Auteur or my HifiMAN HE-500.

I am working on a coherent report of my comparisons of the Atticus, Auteur and HE-500. More to come. Eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back