ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Jun 22, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #5,896 of 9,716
I didn't know about the all suede option that's being offered before today. Just switched my order to include that. Suede strap and headband to match the suede earpads. Yes please! It's like a dream for me.

If nothing else these are gonna be the best looking headphones I've ever owned. I'm sure they'll sound great too! Main concern is comfort though ZMFs are still more comfortable than most headphones I've tried. My head is more picky than most.

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:39 PM Post #5,899 of 9,716
After learning to appreciate neutrality more, I decided to try the suede Eikon pads on the Atticus again. Sure, it adds some clarity and reduces the midbass with a greater sense of air....but it also slightly shrinks the soundstage and the midbass and mids lose that magic. Hard to explain. Why try to give a fish a bicycle? Just enjoy it with the default pads.

Jun 27, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #5,900 of 9,716
After learning to appreciate neutrality more, I decided to try the suede Eikon pads on the Atticus again. Sure, it adds some clarity and reduces the midbass with a greater sense of air....but it also slightly shrinks the soundstage and the midbass and mids lose that magic. Hard to explain. Why try to give a fish a bicycle? Just enjoy it with the default pads.
Couldn't agree more. I tried the suede pads for a while. Super comfy and yes, toned down the bass and extended the treble a touch. Except after a while it dawned on me that my Atticus was no longer an Atticus. If I wanted a more neutral, tame, airy headphone, surely there were several made-to-fit models I could pick from. In fact I already owned a couple. Put the stock pads back on and haven't looked back since.

Jul 4, 2018 at 12:17 AM Post #5,904 of 9,716
Couldn't agree more. I tried the suede pads for a while. Super comfy and yes, toned down the bass and extended the treble a touch. Except after a while it dawned on me that my Atticus was no longer an Atticus. If I wanted a more neutral, tame, airy headphone, surely there were several made-to-fit models I could pick from. In fact I already owned a couple. Put the stock pads back on and haven't looked back since.
weird. i absolutely prefer the suede pads.

Jul 4, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #5,905 of 9,716

100%. Atticus is best with stock pads. I also messed with Eikon Lambskin and Eikon Suede but stock is the way to go to get that special sound.

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #5,907 of 9,716
i know this could be an odd question how can increase the clamping force as i find its a bit loose, and i sense it that lower bass becomes more prominent when i push the cups to my ears and once i let go the bass becomes less

Jul 4, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #5,908 of 9,716
i know this could be an odd question how can increase the clamping force as i find its a bit loose, and i sense it that lower bass becomes more prominent when i push the cups to my ears and once i let go the bass becomes less

The headband is aluminum underneath and bends very easily. You can slowly round them inward and choke up the sliders a bit to increase the clamp.

Jul 4, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #5,909 of 9,716
The headband is aluminum underneath and bends very easily. You can slowly round them inward and choke up the sliders a bit to increase the clamp.
thanks alot this solved my issue

Jul 4, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #5,910 of 9,716
Should have my Atticus on Monday. Will be sure to take a few pics. All suede ash Atticus with an Atmos S cable.

Hoping the extra padding with the padded suede strap works out well. Really looking forward to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back