ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Apr 24, 2017 at 3:47 PM Post #3,542 of 9,735
I saw him in concert on his birthday last year, in Portland. It was a magical event and we all sang to him. Bummer to have to wait 6 more months for the release, though!

Nice.  I know that we will have to wait 6 months but he always said that his dream was to released the best album of his career for his 50th birthday. anniversary

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:57 PM Post #3,543 of 9,735

He said that the album will be released on the day of his 50th anniversary.  (November 3)

which band are u talking bout

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #3,546 of 9,735
50th anniversary? I guess you mean birthday. That sucks - I thought it would be released sooner. Guess tour will start 2018.

Just for clarification for those new to Wilson, In Absentia is by his former band Porcupine Tree. Sadly on a long hiatus - probably a permanent one.

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:25 PM Post #3,547 of 9,735
Sadly indeed.  PT is much better than his solo stuff IMHO.  I keep hoping he'll release a new solo album that's more than 5 bpm but nope... need morphine to appreciate every one.  He had one of the finest modern drummers around in Gavin Harrison; I miss him.

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #3,548 of 9,735
50th anniversary? I guess you mean birthday. That sucks - I thought it would be released sooner. Guess tour will start 2018.

Just for clarification for those new to Wilson, In Absentia is by his former band Porcupine Tree. Sadly on a long hiatus - probably a permanent one.

Yes birthday, my first language is french and in french birthday is 'anniversaire' :wink:

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #3,549 of 9,735
Sadly indeed.  PT is much better than his solo stuff IMHO.  I keep hoping he'll release a new solo album that's more than 5 bpm but nope... need morphine to appreciate every one.  He had one of the finest modern drummers around in Gavin Harrison; I miss him.

Exactly. QFT

The first time I heard Drawing the Line I thought it was brilliantly simple and yet pretty damned complex.

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #3,550 of 9,735
I don't think the last two Wilson albums were slow or boring....there are some really hard hitting and complex tracks, with adventurous structures.   Try the Home Invasion/Regret #9 Song from Hand.Cannot.Erase.  Porcupine Tree was definitely an awesome band, but more in the vein of 90's alternative rock.  I grew up with that music, but I guess Wilson got bored with that direction and wanted to explore his own thing. 

Apr 24, 2017 at 4:50 PM Post #3,551 of 9,735

I agree with you about Gavin, he's also my favorite drummer.

Did you know that he's now with Pineapple Thief ?

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #3,552 of 9,735

I agree with you about Gavin, he's also my favorite drummer.

Did you know that he's now with Pineapple Thief ?

I did not, but I do now and I'll be giving that album a good listen on Tidal.  Initial impressions are a very PT-like sound on the surface.  

Apr 24, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #3,555 of 9,735

You don't need to miss Gavin, he's drumming with King Crimson and they're touring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back