ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Apr 24, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #3,526 of 9,757
  Hmm. Well, I for one think the Atticus is way, way better than Tyll Hertsens describes.

And I don't think the Eikon is better. Rather, I think they're both excellent for different applications.

+1

Apr 24, 2017 at 2:45 PM Post #3,529 of 9,757
i need a bit more info please

which has more full mids and are more present the atticus or eikon

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:20 PM Post #3,533 of 9,757
  Hmm. Well, I for one think the Atticus is way, way better than Tyll Hertsens describes.

And I don't think the Eikon is better. Rather, I think they're both excellent for different applications.

Tyll seems to focus a lot on frequency response in his reviews. ("There's a slight dip at 2 kHz.") I can appreciate his approach, but personally I'm more interested in how the music sounds and feels.

I have heard both the Atticus and the Eikon and loved them both. Different sound signatures for different needs/wants/likes.

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #3,534 of 9,757

That's the best part of getting a great headphone - it's like you are hearing your favorite music for the first time and experiencing the wonder all over again. 

Yes you're right.  The last time that I have been connected like that with the music was probably when I heard the LCD-2 r2 for the first time.

Apr 24, 2017 at 3:25 PM Post #3,536 of 9,757

Tyll seems to focus a lot on frequency response in his reviews. ("There's a slight dip at 2 kHz.") I can appreciate his approach, but personally I'm more interested in how the music sounds and feels.

I don't hear the dip that he's talking about at 2Khz but maybe it's because of my tube amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back