ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Mar 31, 2017 at 5:05 PM Post #3,046 of 9,760
Until now, I was very calm, just patiently waiting for my Eikon and Ori to be done ... Today, I received the notice from Zach, telling me that my order is ready for shipping ... And it begins !! I'm like a kid just before christmas :D ! Next week is going to be one of the longest week in my life :)

How long was your wait? I'm in the dreaded "awaiting sanding" phase.
popcorn.gif

Mar 31, 2017 at 5:10 PM Post #3,047 of 9,760
I preordered around end of November. So it was a looooong wait. But this probably include time for testing and tunning the production model. Now that Atticus and Eikon are in full production mode, the wait will be way shorter.

Apr 1, 2017 at 2:08 PM Post #3,050 of 9,760
Hi

When it's time to upgrade I wonder if the Atticus or Eikon would suit me best because I like the HD650 very much. I got two OTL Tube amps, Schiit Valhalla 2 and a Elekit TU8200. I listens to a lot of Hip Pop and Rock.  

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #3,052 of 9,760
Hi

When it's time to upgrade I wonder if the Atticus or Eikon would suit me best because I like the HD650 very much. I got two OTL Tube amps, Schiit Valhalla 2 and a Elekit TU8200. I listens to a lot of Hip Pop and Rock.  

I think the Atticus as it is very good for rock.

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:35 PM Post #3,054 of 9,760
  Hi

I mostly listen to D&B and some 70s prog rock on a Schiit Valhalla 2. Although I was advised to go with the Eikon, because it may be easier to drive and suitable for more music genres, I decided to go with the Atticus - I ordered it yesterday, so it will be a while before it's delivered :frowning2:

D&B being my main genre, I feel the Atticus will be perfect for it. And I think the Valhalla 2 will be fine driving it. I love my HD650. It does amazing things, but I have the feeling (yes, it's all about feelings) that the Atticus will be way more pleasing to listen to for me than the Sennheiser.

Keep in mind we all hear things in different ways, and the Eikon may work better for you.

I'm sure other people in this thread will be happy to give you some advice and help you with your dilemma.

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #3,056 of 9,760
  Anyone know of a cushion for the Headphone band?  I need a little something extra to fill the gap

The best I know of is ZMF's own "Pilot Pad" -- using it w/my Ori (really excellent form/function). It's $29.99 w/Lambskin--a stone-cold bargain IMO.

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/pads-and-cables/pilot-pad

Apr 1, 2017 at 3:53 PM Post #3,057 of 9,760

Anyone know of a cushion for the Headphone band?  I need a little something extra to fill the gap

The best I know of is ZMF's own "Pilot Pad" -- using it w/my Ori (really excellent form/function). It's $29.99 w/Lambskin--a stone-cold bargain IMO.

http://www.zmfheadphones.com/pads-and-cables/pilot-pad

+1...i have it on my Ori, my biggest concern when getting my ori, was the comfort issue, never had a can this heavy....dang that pilot pad is super comfy, can wear mine for hours and no comfort issues .

Apr 1, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #3,060 of 9,760
Thanks

What wood did you get with your Atticus?

I got the Attocus Padauk, mainly due to my Eikon being Cherry. Wood choice is so minimal on differences that Zach has said to choose the wood of which you like the looks best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back