ATTENTION: Quoteunquote
Jul 29, 2006 at 6:36 PM Post #121 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
The only reason I started the thread is because I was not getting any response from him by PM, AIM or e-mail. I figured it would draw him out, and it did.

Look, if he ever comes through with the amp or my money, fine. He will get the bad feedback and we will all move on.

QUQ is worthless. He acts like his DUI is some disability. Don't drink and drive F**KHEAD!

The funniest part is I considered the amp, but when he moved his price down, then back up, I thought it was suspicious. Then I noticed he is never logged on. It took him 3-4 days to respond to my PM.

Jul 31, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #122 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by elrod-tom
We're monitoring the situation at this point...so that you know.

BTW - Generally speaking, about the only thing mods ought to be "getting involved" in is blatant fraudulent activity, and then simply to make folks aware of it. In unusual situations (e.g. williamgoody) we have banned the individual, but generally we try to give every opportunity for the two parties to settle their differences. That is aided IMHO by leaving the account of the member accused of wrong-doing open.

Please remember to take proper precautions when entering into any transaction. We have a number of stickies that have very good information about how not to get scammed. Please read them and take sensible precautions. I'm not saying this didn't happen here, just restating the importance of being careful when making a purchase.

Thanks for clearing that up. I know mods generally try to stay out of the way, so I was just curious. I don't think at this point a mod should try to step in and do anything as he still has time to send the item, but hopefully people will keep this situation (and the one quoteunquote was involved in before) in the back of their minds. Maybe new people will have the sense to look up his feedback should he decide to "sell" again.

Aug 1, 2006 at 4:10 PM Post #123 of 248
I just found this thread. And this makes me worry quite a bit. I had bought a pair of HD580's from him back May 26th, I think that is when I sent the money order. At that time I hadn't seen this thread or the other bad feebacks.

He has replied to all PM's I have sent him, and I called Canada Post to see if the money order has been cashed. It has NOT been cashed, I guess it is just taking some time to get there. At this point I am more worried about it being lost in the mail, in which it will take 90 days for me to get my money back if it is lost. But I hope I do not end up in the same situation at this fellow head-fi'er.

Aug 1, 2006 at 6:22 PM Post #125 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by SptsNaz
quoteunquote, you sound like a person with good intentions (at least I hope so). The problem is your attitude towards people is horrible. You have no respect when it comes to other people. You got your money, send out the amp. That's it. Excuses like the ones you give are unexcusable

I can understand holding it out an extra day or two, but when someone has to wait this long it's just not right. I'm sure if someone made you wait this long without and form of communication you would be pissed off too

Worse yet, if I understand the timeline of events and facts alright..is that QuQ had the money from this guy and still stated he did not have the clams to send it?? How can you not take a bus, walk in the morning, suck it up and ride your bike, or fetch a ride to the USPS or nearest freight sender to send this out in an appropriate time?? Do you not have a CC?
When you have payment, and is guaranteed to go through, you send the gear that day, period. or the next if you can not make it to post out the goods..excuses are like A-holes, everyone has one...

I can not believe this crap when decent people make it to work, to USPS, and to other places everyday without miss..and other people sit on their hands and wait for the calvalry..

And as another knowledgable headfi member suggested, the big 3 do pickups, and you could have had this shipped out from your house even..?
I trust all the appropriate info has been traded between you two, so am not seeing the caveat here...

having a DUI is a not an excuse, perhaps some reflection time riding your bicycle will help ease the reality settling in..
blink.gif

Hope this works out for the OP..
plainface.gif

Aug 1, 2006 at 6:45 PM Post #126 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiofiler
Worse yet, if I understand the timeline of events and facts alright..is that QuQ had the money from this guy and still stated he did not have the clams to send it??

Well with his laziness and procrastination, and not keeping the buyer in the loop the OP submitted a dispute to Paypal. In doing that it locks the sellers Paypal account and they do not have access to those funds. I still do not believe he didn't have the money to send the item even with those funds locked. I mean that couldn't be over what 2 pounds? Should cost no more then $6 or $7 to ship it and end the dispute and make everyone happy.

Don't have the money? Hrmm I been out of work for 2 months, guess what if you don't have the money it's time to make it. If not through work, start selling things, unused DVD's, CD's headphones what ever. There is always a way to make some money.

Aug 1, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #127 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
..it locks the sellers Paypal account and they do not have access to those funds.

This I know, but is inexcusable...I like your other part of your quote..

Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb

I still do not believe he didn't have the money to send the item even with those funds locked. I mean that couldn't be over what 2 pounds? Should cost no more then $6 or $7 to ship it and end the dispute and make everyone happy.

Don't have the money? Hrmm I been out of work for 2 months, guess what if you don't have the money it's time to make it. If not through work, start selling things, unused DVD's, CD's headphones what ever. There is always a way to make some money.

...this is more the adult way to handle this, and more what I was trying to emphasize with my post, it costs like what $15-$25 to send this? Don't you have a few CD's or DVDs to sell??..I.E. used record store, donating blood/plasma, doing surveys at the local mall...etc.

Aug 1, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #128 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey
One wonders of there ever was an amp...

There was since I was the one who built the amp for Quoteunquote.

I am sad to see something like this happen and I hope it ends up being resolved with either the amp being shipped or a paypal refund. I don't know what happened, but Quoteunquote was very easy to deal with when I was building the amp for him.

Gloomfire - Good luck to you and keep in touch with me on AIM if you need any help with what is going on.

-Alex-

Aug 1, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #129 of 248
Last Activity: Today 12:17 AM

Sounds like he's exausted all excuses for avoiding you Gloomfire...

Aug 1, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #130 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
Last Activity: Today 12:17 AM

Sounds like he's exausted all excuses for avoiding you Gloomfire...

Yeah. I'm just waiting for Friday to get my money back. I have lost all hope of ever seeing the amp.

Aug 1, 2006 at 11:17 PM Post #131 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
Yeah. I'm just waiting for Friday to get my money back. I have lost all hope of ever seeing the amp.

That's a shame really, was a nice looking amp....when you get the funds back friday, maybe see if you can commission AkZip to build an equivalent
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 2, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #132 of 248
I think he is too busy puting flowers in his mouth. Doesn't have enough time to complete a sale he created.

Aug 3, 2006 at 6:52 PM Post #133 of 248
Well, tomorrow I finally get my money back after 22 days of it being held hostage. Hopefully after frauding a 2nd Head-Fi'er the mods take appropriate actions.

Aug 3, 2006 at 7:11 PM Post #134 of 248
Yeah we need a sticky on this thread or something like it at the opening page, maybe a "don't trade with" list or something...is this already in place, I could not find it.
blink.gif

Aug 3, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #135 of 248
I'll put in my vote for a sticky. I bet he even justifies it in his mind, that he's been wronged by all the public humiliation of it, so he's not going to send it, neener-neener. These people are never wrong unto themselves.

This guy is a real winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back