ATTENTION: Quoteunquote
Jul 28, 2006 at 7:24 PM Post #106 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
Dude, let's be honest, the amp hasn't shipped, and it will never ship. He said it would go out Wednesday, and he hasn't been online since. I will never see that amp, so I will just have to wait until August 4th for my Paypal ruling.

You could always call the cops, at least one of them will know who he is.
wink.gif

Jul 28, 2006 at 7:36 PM Post #108 of 248
Quote:

Who's to say that guy ever sees his package if he wouldn't have gone to his house? Anyway, another day, still not contact. I have to wait until 8/4 for Paypal to rule in my favor. This sucks. What a lowlife.

I am sorry that you've got to deal with this. I hope that this is the last time anyone deals with QUQ on Head-Fi unless he makes some major changes. I think it would be wise to link both this thread and the previous (house pick-up) to his feedback. And if QUQ wants to sell something we should all keep a watchful eye and forewarn any potential victims of his track record.

If that other guy never got his package, he should have contested it with Paypal. If he didn't pay with Paypal (a risky in and of itself sending someone you don’t know cash) then that's another story. But I think it would have been best to exhaust all forms of contact before showing up on someone's doorstep to collect either your money or package because that could be a recipe for a bad situation turning worse.

Jul 28, 2006 at 8:38 PM Post #109 of 248
Quote:

Dude, let's be honest, the amp hasn't shipped, and it will never ship. He said it would go out Wednesday, and he hasn't been online since. I will never see that amp, so I will just have to wait until August 4th for my Paypal ruling.

Maybe he got a tummy ahce, or maybe he ummm lost his shoes, or yea that's it Aliens a whole gang of them adducted him....
rolleyes.gif

Unbelievable, definitely on my do not buy from list

Jul 28, 2006 at 9:29 PM Post #110 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by c0mfortably_numb
Unbelievable, definitely on my do not buy from list

He is also on my do not sell to list.

Jul 28, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #112 of 248
I'm still curious why a mod hasn't stepped in?? Or at least they haven't let it be known that they are involved. I figured a sticky would already be in order for this guy. Unless they are giving him a little more time..

Jul 28, 2006 at 10:40 PM Post #113 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08
I'm still curious why a mod hasn't stepped in?? Or at least they haven't let it be known that they are involved. I figured a sticky would already be in order for this guy. Unless they are giving him a little more time..

There are a number of reasons why they are not involved. Maybe they are not aware of the goings on and if they were if you use the F/S forums then it is pretty much a seperate thing from the headfi discussion forums.

Unless in special cases like William Goody.

I am sure soon enough that the person involved will not require a sticky as other members will simply see this thread. And the feedback left by gloomfire and others in QUQ feedback thread will be read by any potential buyers/sellers. Then people will act accordingly.

Jul 28, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #114 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08

We're monitoring the situation at this point...so that you know.

BTW - Generally speaking, about the only thing mods ought to be "getting involved" in is blatant fraudulent activity, and then simply to make folks aware of it. In unusual situations (e.g. williamgoody) we have banned the individual, but generally we try to give every opportunity for the two parties to settle their differences. That is aided IMHO by leaving the account of the member accused of wrong-doing open.

Please remember to take proper precautions when entering into any transaction. We have a number of stickies that have very good information about how not to get scammed. Please read them and take sensible precautions. I'm not saying this didn't happen here, just restating the importance of being careful when making a purchase.

Jul 29, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #115 of 248
Still zero word and nothing in the mail, which means it did not go out on Wednesday, as we expected.

Last Activity: Today 03:34 PM

He's still around but obviously ignoring everything again.

Jul 29, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #116 of 248
Well, thanks to some very awesome Head-Fi'ers, I have the frauds home address and home phone number. I wonder if his local police will actually do anything? Anyway, let's see if his parents have any integrity.

Jul 29, 2006 at 3:32 AM Post #117 of 248
Quote:

Well, thanks to some very awesome Head-Fi'ers, I have the frauds home address and home phone number. I wonder if his local police will actually do anything? Anyway, let's see if his parents have any integrity.

As others have said, if he got a DUI in his own town I'm sure the police will be very interested. Parents might not care so much considering the broken family but maybe the DUI and Step-Mother bit was a lie.

Jul 29, 2006 at 3:44 AM Post #118 of 248
The telephone is a powerful tool. Even if his parents don't care, a phone call every hour on the hour can annoy him and the family into action.

Jul 29, 2006 at 12:10 PM Post #119 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek
The telephone is a powerful tool. Even if his parents don't care, a phone call every hour on the hour can annoy him and the family into action.

Or they could just block that number, so you would have to drive around town and use public phones (do they still exhist?)

Jul 29, 2006 at 1:37 PM Post #120 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo
Or they could just block that number, so you would have to drive around town and use public phones (do they still exhist?)

There are ways around having your # displayed. Check with your phone company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back