ATTENTION: Quoteunquote
Aug 3, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #136 of 248
You don’t need a sticky- you need to post pertinent information in their Feedback Thread. That way it’s there for everyone to see. If a Buyer doesn’t care to check the Sellers Feedback then they have nothing to complain about.

Heck there should be information about the hassles posted there already.

The ripped off Buyers have an obligation to properly document their problems with this Seller in the Feedback Forum.

Too many times in the past people just didn’t get around to posting transaction problems giving the rip-off artist more time to defraud people. Then afterwards people chime in saying “oh yeah they ripped me off too but I never got around to posting anything in their Feedback Thread”.

Mitch

Aug 4, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #137 of 248
Just post appropriate feedback, and a link to this thread.

If it were me, I would even go so far as to post his address and full name. So that way if he tries to register another head-fi account, under a different USer ID, readers could be informed.

Aug 4, 2006 at 2:27 AM Post #138 of 248
I don't think posting user's private contact info online is ever cool, and from what I've seen the mods generally won't thank you for it, since it opens up a whole can of worms if something happens to said user.

And an admin is able to trace an ip and verify with some certainty who someone is without anyone posting private info, just pm a mod if you suspect something from a "new" user, they can check it.

But the feedback has been posted, it's just that this guy is carving his way to Williamgoody status bit by bit, 100 bucks here, 100 bucks there, it starts to add up over time. He doesn't seem as malicious as ole WG, but a scam is a scam is scam, and lost money is lost money.

Aug 4, 2006 at 2:04 PM Post #139 of 248
terribly sorry that you had to go through that. It must get terribly stressful

QUQ.. on the off chance that you're not actually frauding him and just haven't been able to send it due to your situation..... DO NOT PUT AN AMP UP FOR SALE IF YOU CANT POST IT FOR SOME REASON

to the admins.. is it possible to ban users from certain forums? It would be good to ban certain members from the for sale section.. or alternatively just give them a user title of "bad trader" or somethin as a warning. Although they could always just make a new account in such circumstances, at least people will naturally be untrusting of new members anyway

It's truely a shame to humanity that people like this exist. It makes you feel crap as a person to know that someone out there willingly will cause someone else so much trouble and loss for a few dollers. Seriously, get a job and you can earn that much money in just a few DAYS without causing harm to others or risking yourself

Aug 4, 2006 at 9:43 PM Post #140 of 248
did you get your money back from flowermouth?

Aug 5, 2006 at 3:55 AM Post #141 of 248
Quote:

We have concluded our investigation into your claim.

We have decided in your favor and have recovered funds from the seller.
We were able to recover $68.94 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

If you are due any additional amount from the seller, we will make our
best
effort to recover the balance from the seller.

If the seller's account has insufficient funds to complete the refund
owed
to you, please be assured that we will take appropriate action against
the
seller's account, which may include limitation of the seller's account
privileges.

What an f'ing joke.

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:04 AM Post #142 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gloomfire
What an f'ing joke.

You paid $180 right? You got half? What?????

SCREW THIS GUY, I SAY WE GO TO HIS ADDRESS AND BURN HIS HOUSE DOWN!!!

just/kidding it is the scotch talking.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:05 AM Post #143 of 248
I got screwed for over $100. This needs to stop. It's time for the mods to do whatever they can and ban this kid.

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:07 AM Post #144 of 248
ayep he probably got wind of this (probably through this thread) and since he has no bank account to hide the cash, he tried to buy things using paypal ASAP, and only managed to move half the cash by buying crappy flower vases before paypal froze his account.

the guy doesn't have time to send your amp, but has enough time to spend your cash? call the police.

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:09 AM Post #145 of 248
I agree man. I knew this guy seemed suspect. Hopefully paypal will cancel his account...though like eBay, he will just have to create a new one. There seems to be no regulation with this.

Sorry man. Hopefully they can recover more of your money. Is there anyone at PAYPAL/eBay who you can contact about this? See if they can recover the rest if he adds it to his account.

Sounds like QUQ is another useless idiot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
only managed to move half the cash by buying crappy flower vases before paypal froze his account.

AH HA HA AHA HAHAHAAHHA
biggrin.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #147 of 248
Well that's that then, all bets are off. There's really no reason not to call the cops now. Print up the paper trail, logs, emails, the Paypal ruling (demonstrating his intent to move the money as fast as possible), and fax it to them.

In fact, I think there's a civic duty to turn him in.

Aug 5, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #148 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Well that's that then, all bets are off. There's really no reason not to call the cops now. Print up the paper trail, logs, emails, the Paypal ruling (demonstrating his intent to move the money as fast as possible), and fax it to them.

In fact, I think there's a civic duty to turn him in.

Sounds good. Make his life more miserable - he deserves it.

VR6ofpain: I won a paypal claim before and only got back something like 24 cents out of a 25 dollar or so transaction. Paypal doesn't do jack to recover your funds. It's been nearly a year since, and not one cent more was recovered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back