ATTENTION: Quoteunquote
Aug 6, 2006 at 3:20 PM Post #167 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
I'm willing to bet that the cops won't do a thing.

Normally I'm a pestimist and I would say that too but I think with his DUI the police might be more interested.

Aug 6, 2006 at 4:16 PM Post #168 of 248
Quoteunquote you are a disgrace to the human race and the radiohead fan base. Thom, jonny, ed, colin, and phil all hate you now.

note: Hey guys the guy in the avatar with the flower in his mouth is NOT quoteunquote, it is none other than the vocalist of Radiohead in his early days, Thom Yorke. Thom Yorke, a reasonable man, should not be confused with quoteunquote. Just had to clear that up.

Aug 6, 2006 at 5:09 PM Post #169 of 248
Actually, I bought an Altoids CMOY from Thom Yorke in 2003 and I'm still waiting for it. It's been one excuse after another. First he said he'd send it after he finished recording "Hail to the Thief" with the band, then it was "as soon as he finished the world tour". Now he's finished his solo album and still no sign of the amp!

Drew

Quote:

Originally Posted by vetter
Quoteunquote you are a discrace to the human race and the radiohead fan base. Thom, jonny, ed, colin, and phil all hate you now.

note: Hey guys the guy in the avatar with the flower in his mouth is NOT quoteunquote, it is none other than the vocalist of Radiohead in his early days, Thom Yorke. Thom Yorke, a reasonable man, should not be confused with quoteunquote. Just had to clear that up.

Aug 6, 2006 at 7:41 PM Post #170 of 248
I highly doubt that the police will do anything.

A friend of mine had his car stolen, and the kids who were taking a joyride in it crashed it and were caught by the police. No action was taken against them.

Aug 6, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #172 of 248
Quote:

Quoteunquote you are a discrace to the human race and the radiohead fan base. Thom, jonny, ed, colin, and phil all hate you now.

Thanks for pointing this out. If I happened to run into Thom Yorke on the street, I might have socked him in the face spewing harsh words about QUQ. He would have been very confused and I would probably be incarcerated. So now what we need is a real photo of QUQ, so we know who to hate!

Aug 6, 2006 at 10:00 PM Post #173 of 248
Man why are these people jumping on me here? Seems like they really like jumping to conlusions. I bought from him before all these negative posts came about. And the guy who bought a pair of IEM's from the same post as mine recieved his order. So I had nothing to make me think otherwise. And like I said he hasn't cashed the MO yet.

According to Canada Post I have to wait 90 days, and I do not think that i can cancel and then get my money. Whoever it was that said I probably lost my money, they may be right, they may be wrong. I don't know, at this point he hasn't pissed me off. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Aug 6, 2006 at 10:37 PM Post #174 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcsamms
Man why are these people jumping on me here? Seems like they really like jumping to conlusions. I bought from him before all these negative posts came about. And the guy who bought a pair of IEM's from the same post as mine recieved his order. So I had nothing to make me think otherwise. And like I said he hasn't cashed the MO yet.

According to Canada Post I have to wait 90 days, and I do not think that i can cancel and then get my money. Whoever it was that said I probably lost my money, they may be right, they may be wrong. I don't know, at this point he hasn't pissed me off. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

There's still hope.
His behaviour doesn't look like a well planned and organized fraud.
Maybe he doesn't only drive under influence.
He might sell under influence, procrastinate under influence, lie under influence and occasionally ship something under influence.
However, the reputation is ruined no matter whether he's a crook or a bum.

Aug 6, 2006 at 10:49 PM Post #175 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909
It's unreal to me that QUQ hasn't stepped up and done anything to make amends.

x2... if he were a honorable seller he could have EASILY salvaged is reputation by refunding the payment. Takes what 5 minutes to send someone a paypal?... a week to snail-mail a personal check? QNQ could maybe even relist it at a later date when his DUI clears.

That whole DUI thing is a crock.

Thats a NICE millet and for certain would have sold again at that price.

I looked at that amp and was very tempted to bid for it myself... got lucky!!

Aug 6, 2006 at 11:15 PM Post #176 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by mcsamms
Don't go all ban crazy just yet. I still have 120US in the mail going towards the guy. The money order has not been cashed, I assume it may be lost in the mail, in which case the money will get back to me eventually. But in the mean time give him the chance to get my headphones to me.

He has responded to all of my messages and the money order has not been cashed. So for my sake at least, don't go all ban crazy right now. Otherwise I'm going to have to go through a **** load of Canada Post crap and wait 90 days to get my money back assuming the money order is not cashed.

Some of the Canadian people I have met are the most honest, noble and good-hearted citizens I have come across in my 35 years.

I hope it all works out for you mate
cool.gif

Gloomfire, I thought Visa can do a charge-back if you can validate and document your case and convince them you are victem of faud. Forget PP.... IMHO this now lies in the hands of your CC company.

OK... so its against forum rules to post personal information in the feedback threads. understood
cool.gif

Gloomfire, please feel free to PM me QuQ's email address and or any personal information. I am an honorable member here and the entire HEAD-FI community has my word that I will not use this information in any way... other than for my own information when transacting in the F/S forums. Furthermore, you all have my word (on my honor) that I will NOT forward his personal information to anyone.

F/S transactions can be tedious as it is, waiting for a forum mod to get back to me with IP address information for EVERY member in EVERY transaction would needlessly complicate my transactions.

I for one dont care to ever buy from or sell to this person (regardless of what head-fi ID he tries to use), I would just rather rule him out all together as a buyer and seller.

I am going to be listing ~$500 in gear in the next month and will use the $$$ for a melos or PPX... I really dont want to create a 10 page thread like this, if I can simply avoid it.

Thanks and Good Luck Gloomfire.
Garrett
rs1smile.gif

Aug 7, 2006 at 2:17 AM Post #177 of 248
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
I highly doubt that the police will do anything.

A friend of mine had his car stolen, and the kids who were taking a joyride in it crashed it and were caught by the police. No action was taken against them.

I think you miss the point. If you have a conviction and are on parole or probation, there's a laundry list of things you CANNOT do. Among them are leaving the state, committing other crimes, getting intoxicated, etc. etc. We're not talking average people here, we're talking about someone who is currently in the criminal justice system. There's a big difference.

Most POs and DAs *will* bust your back end if you violate the terms of your release or probation. If you violate the conditions of your release, you get to have a hearing with the judge. If he/she finds that you violated them, you often get a little time in the cooler to think about it.

I spent a few years doing this sort of work, and I've seen people get 30 days or more for simply not showing up to a scheduled meeting with their PO. If someone is actually ripping people off while on some sort of release, believe me, the PO will want to know. If he gets sufficient evidence, he'll call the DA and schedule a hearing to determine whether he violated the terms of his release. That can mean jail time, and almost certainly the judge will order him to refund the balance of money owed as restitution.

I can't say for sure this will happen, but it is worth looking into. Fraud is a crime.

And what an idiot. Ripping someone off and then telling them that he's a criminal. He should have known that someone would notice that it was a PV. Sometimes I wonder if these people secretly want to go to jail.

Aug 7, 2006 at 6:54 AM Post #178 of 248
Quote:

Quoteunquote you are a disgrace to the human race and the radiohead fan base. Thom, jonny, ed, colin, and phil all hate you now.

Whoa, thats a picture of thom?
I thought it was daemon albarn from blur
blink.gif

Well i'm in the radiohead fan community and officialy disgraced that he put up that picture..

Aug 7, 2006 at 7:13 PM Post #180 of 248
That's why I hate Paypal. I got ripped off once on $150.00 and the best they could do was suspend that person account, b/c there was no money left in his account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back