Atlanta Meet?
Feb 1, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #91 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
I have an idea...
Since most people don't check this thread regulary...
Would you guys like for there to be an email mailing list?
I wouldn't mind being in charge of it.
Lemme know what you think.

Andrew

oh man, i have an even better idea.... evite... my friend used it for her going away party and it has "who is coming" and "who isnt" and "who isnt sure yet" type of thing... go ahead and set one up and if you need any details let me know. www.evite.com

Looks like we are getting a good bit of traffic here, lets hope we can get this going... here is my address...

1102 Lincoln Court Ave
Atlanta, Ga. 30329
404-321-8995

I am gone at school from 11-4:30 most days but friday... feel free to email me @ josh (at) grinn (dot) net

Feb 2, 2005 at 4:07 AM Post #92 of 133
I'm down with the evite, and I'm down with this meeting.

My email is collin [at] gluedtomyseat [dot] com. Can't wait to finally attend one of these meetings!

580smile.gif

Feb 2, 2005 at 5:41 AM Post #93 of 133
Feb 2, 2005 at 6:00 AM Post #94 of 133
Feb 2, 2005 at 11:01 PM Post #95 of 133
OK, my email is: mikeulveling at H O T M A I L
I am thinking there is a 90% chance I can make this meet. I have more stuff than I can manage to bring. Please guys, if you're interested in hearing something, let me know! All my equipment is listed in my profile. Personally I'm hoping to hear any of the following: AKG K1000, Grado sr-200/hp1000/rs-1/rs-2, and RKV w/ impedanzer (for use with Grados).

Feb 2, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #96 of 133
mulveling,
I should be able to fufill your request. I have the RKV MK II & Impedancer, and K1000. I also have Equinox and Mobius cable.

E-mail is pyotak @ Hotmail.com Phone is 770-416-0965.
Purk

Feb 2, 2005 at 11:40 PM Post #97 of 133
mulveling- I'd love to hear/check out your any of your AKG headphones, your DAC2 and perhaps see if one of your fancy power cords has any effect on my stuff.

I'll be bringing my PPA and 650's at least, and probably my (yet-to-be-received) Meridian 588 and if anyone wants to see it, my Sony NC555ES dvd/sacd player (otherwise I won't bring it).

Rob

Feb 3, 2005 at 12:42 AM Post #99 of 133
RHMMMM - cool, I'll make sure the stuff you listed is included in what I bring along. And wow, I'd love to hear a Meridian!

purk & leo - awesome, between you two it looks like my needs are pretty much covered
biggrin.gif

Not sure if I need to bring along my 650s at this point? Seems like there are many other members with them? Of course, I'd be happy to bring them if you guys think it would be useful to have multiple pairs handy. I can certainly bring along all the cables: equinox/headphile/cardas/clou/zu, since they are super easy to transport (throw em in a big ziplock).

Feb 3, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #101 of 133
Awesome guys! looks like this might actually work out. I have added 4 new people to the guest list, Also i've invited my music teach who is more into music as a whole than just headphone stuff. I turned him onto the forum as he was looking for a headphone amp, this will be a great way for him to be able to hear some stuff and get an idea of what he might want to purchase. Keep the email addresses coming. The evite site says 12noon, but I think anywhere between 12 and 1pm is fine. I'll put that up there. Dont forget, to get in my complex you need the gate code which is 489... also, my numbers are listed above so be sure to have that handy in the event that you get lost.

Feb 3, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #102 of 133
I will do my part of inviting Tom Hankins there. It is nice to know that after all these years I will get to hear the RS-1 and RA-1. Definitely nice to hear the meridian and finally the Ray SR-71.

BTW, how many do we have?
Purk

Feb 4, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #103 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk
I will do my part of inviting Tom Hankins there. It is nice to know that after all these years I will get to hear the RS-1 and RA-1. Definitely nice to hear the meridian and finally the Ray SR-71.

BTW, how many do we have?
Purk

So far we have 5 not including you. Also my teacher might be able to make it, so 6. there are 3 others that have not responded on evite.

Feb 5, 2005 at 8:46 AM Post #104 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by purk

Heh, my fondest memory of the last meet was leo's RS-1/RA-1 Combo driven by tanfentons turntable with a good vinyl of Pink Floyds DSOTM. GREAT!

Put me on the evite list. magusg at gmail dot com

Cant wait! Looks like there'll be a lot more gear than last time.
-Mag

Feb 5, 2005 at 3:07 PM Post #105 of 133
Quote:

Originally Posted by MagusG
Heh, my fondest memory of the last meet was leo's RS-1/RA-1 Combo driven by tanfentons turntable with a good vinyl of Pink Floyds DSOTM. GREAT!

Put me on the evite list. magusg at gmail dot com

Cant wait! Looks like there'll be a lot more gear than last time.
-Mag

Awesome
smily_headphones1.gif
Add you. This looks like its going to work out great. so far we have 6 people coming and thats not including purk and aznsensazian which i think are both coming.... so this is going to rock! oh and my teacher.

What do you guys want to do about food? My sister makes a mean party tray with veggies and meat and stuff, i could beg her for one of those.... let me know what u all think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back