ATH-WS55 Solid Bass Audio Technica are absolute junk
Apr 22, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #16 of 73
when i reached the part about the OP complaining about the lack of inline control, i realised i can't take the OP seriously.

i've yet to audition this headphone so i can't make any statement though.

Apr 22, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #17 of 73

Quote:
 I've played every dubstep song that I have in my music collection and my turtle beach headset has better bass then these. 

Wouldn't happen to be the hpa2/hpx? I used to pump that thing to 10 just for giggles 
L3000.gif

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #20 of 73
Lol funny thread. OP says they are junk because they dont fit HIM. I guess they could fit everyone else perfectly but not fit him.. therefore theyre junk lol. Lack of in-line volume control? Really? But whats even funnier is that the next poster recommends the beats :D

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #22 of 73
Funny topic what was the source you where using and what quality music cause i have the ws55 and man they are awesome and the bass is very good tight and controlled but do hit heavy when asked for so useless topic......

Apr 29, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #23 of 73
Hehehe, I don't understand how someone requires an in-line volume control before considering a headphone "good" as such a thing is avoided by most high end headphone manufacturers because the additional components would only degrade audio fidelity.

Volume controls, on the otherhand.are a seperate matter, but it doesn't seem like that is what the OP meant.

to the OP: forget in-line headphone volume controls.  Any headphone that has that feature is most likely utter junk.

Throwing around a word like "good" is not helpful for forum members trying to help yo uwith suggestions, as there are different qualities, like treble/mid/bass volume, treble/mid/bass control, treble/mid/bass clarity.

Sounds like you also don't appreciate any supraaural headphones, and only circumaural headphones, so be sure to look for that when you are looking at headphones.  Many headphones arent designed to go around your ears, but to be clamped on top of them, esp if you are looking for headphones less than $200.

I would start looking at the Sony XB700 and XB500 headphones. I own both, and they handle Dubstep music without problems and ask for more.  Then buy yourself a decent set of computer speakers with a headphone jack and volume control, or a keyboard with volume controls.

-2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back