ATH Pro700mkII Anniversary Edition, Thoughts? worthed?
Mar 23, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #16 of 36

Quote:

I'm actually tempted to buy one on ebay directly from Japan now... this is borderline thievery ):

I live in Japan. So far prices haven't changed at retail (around ¥23,000 is the cheapest NIB, ¥26,000 is MSRP) but the used have been slowly creeping up in price. This week about ¥2500, not sure if they're getting scarce or since more people are discovering them the retailers are profit taking.

Mar 23, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #17 of 36

Quote:
I live in Japan. So far prices haven't changed at retail (around ¥23,000 is the cheapest NIB, ¥26,000 is MSRP) but the used have been slowly creeping up in price. This week about ¥2500, not sure if they're getting scarce or since more people are discovering them the retailers are profit taking.

You're lucky that they're still available in Japan. All authorized dealers were selling at a little less than the actual MSRP price when it was first released, but at that point, there were ones that were either imported or sold directly from japan that were already standing at about $445 or more. Currently, a direct buy from eBay costs $375 at-least which doesn't include shipping and handling and international taxes and such. 

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #18 of 36
Alright, this is very important if you want a pair of the Pro700MK2ANV's!

Before I post my unboxing video, I'll say that I bought my pair from a retailer called thenerds.net. The page for the headphones looks sketchy, but I can personally confirm that this is a liable and trustworthy source! The exact link is http://www.thenerds.net/AUDIO_TECHNICA.ANNIVERSARY_MONITOR_HEADPHONE_.ATHPRO700MK2ANV.html (They have 87 in stock, still!)

Onwards to the unboxing:

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #19 of 36
WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS? THEY DIDN'T REPLY TO ME AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE FAKE!

Quote:

Before I post my unboxing video, I'll say that I bought my pair from a retailer called thenerds.net. The page for the headphones looks sketchy, but I can personally confirm that this is a liable and trustworthy source! The exact link is http://www.thenerds.net/AUDIO_TECHNICA.ANNIVERSARY_MONITOR_HEADPHONE_.ATHPRO700MK2ANV.html (They have 87 in stock, still!)

Onwards to the unboxing:

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #21 of 36
I'm legitimately on the verge of TEARS because of how powerless I feel right now... I have to wait till tomorrow morning until I can cancel my Amazon order of the HDJ-2000's and order these ): FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Mar 24, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #22 of 36

Quote:

Onwards to the unboxing:

TheNerds is a solid seller.  I bought a Sony SCD-XA5400es ($1500) from them brand new and they even double boxed it.  They sold it for cheap.  They are on eBay if you want to send them a message.  

Mar 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM Post #23 of 36

Quote:

TheNerds is a solid seller.  I bought a Sony SCD-XA5400es ($1500) from them brand new and they even double boxed it.  They sold it for cheap.  They are on eBay if you want to send them a message.  

Yeah, I was actually surprised and impressed how well they handled my order, considering how sketchy the site looked, haha.

Mar 24, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #24 of 36

Quote:
Yeah, I was actually surprised and impressed how well they handled my order, considering how sketchy the site looked, haha.

I won't be getting these headphones, my dad pretty much just said "sucks for you". HDJ-2000 it is ):

Apr 10, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #26 of 36

Quote:
would you say the anniversary edition has a lower profile/ more stylish than the M50?

They are both head turners for sure. I think the mk2 is both more stylish and has a lower profile, although this is just my opinion.

Apr 19, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #27 of 36
I thought I would float this here first as a bit of an interest check: I'm thinking of selling my Pro700MK2 ANV's because between the full sizes I have at home and my IEM's, I don't use them as much as I could. They could do with a better home. Would anyone here be keen? (I'd still set up a FS classified in any case.)

Apr 19, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #28 of 36

Quote:
I thought I would float this here first as a bit of an interest check: I'm thinking of selling my Pro700MK2 ANV's because between the full sizes I have at home and my IEM's, I don't use them as much as I could. They could do with a better home. Would anyone here be keen? (I'd still set up a FS classified in any case.)

How much, and is it with all the accessories, including the signed paper and what not? 

Apr 19, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #29 of 36

Quote:

How much, and is it with all the accessories, including the signed paper and what not? 

Do you know what is odd? Apart from a certificate, I don't know if mine was ever signed. There is a yellow paper cutout at the back of the box where I suspect the signature was meant to go, but its blank. I can't read Japanese so I don't know if that was the right place...

I think I'm having second thoughts about selling it though. It may be that once all the limited edition stock depletes the price will skyrocket. *cackles madly*

Apr 19, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #30 of 36

Quote:

Do you know what is odd? Apart from a certificate, I don't know if mine was ever signed. There is a yellow paper cutout at the back of the box where I suspect the signature was meant to go, but its blank. I can't read Japanese so I don't know if that was the right place...

I think I'm having second thoughts about selling it though. It may be that once all the limited edition stock depletes the price will skyrocket. *cackles madly*

I got mine for $230, and I think they retail for like...$500 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back