ATH m50 vs. Ultrasone HFI-780 for first set? (unamped)
Aug 23, 2010 at 1:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

nowayitskevin

New Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi

after a couple days of hard browsing, I am stumped with a decision. Here's a little brief history of how i got into headphones. 

as a graduation gift, i was given beats solos from my bro. i always saw my classmates wearing their studios, and i always wanted a pair after listening to them. i tried on the solos and were quite impressed, but then again i didn't have any experience. i then went on an impulse rampage and purchased a set of studios. having had both of them, i like the studios more. however, after a few good reads on this forum, i began to see the flaws both these phones had. i already sold my studios and i am trying to sell my solos, so now i would like to move on.

now for the question. I have narrowed my search down to 2 main phones: ATH m50 (coiled or straight, you tell me), and Ultrasone HFI780. although the prices of $100 and $190 are not quite comparable, i would like to know your guys' opinions as to what gives a better performance from SQ:price ratio perspective. 

i would really appreciate it if the bigger, main discussion could stay between those models, but if you guys have any suggestions for any other cans out there with compatibility with my iphone (i.e. inline microphone with call/answer button and track control), feel free to let me know.

thanks in advance for your help! i'm ron burgundy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back