ATH-M50 Price Spike & HD25 Questions
May 18, 2011 at 4:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

cigarillofiend

Head-Fier
So after borrowing my friend's ATH-M50's for the past two weeks, I really want a pair of my own. However when I went on amazon, the price is now $159.99.
eek.gif
Just a few weeks ago, It was around $115. (I knew I should've bought them then). What gives? Why the sudden price increase? and anyone know when it'll go back down?

At $159.99; I could buy some HD251-II's (with a pricematch)..... Which brings me to my next question, Should I just buy the HD25's? My main concern is the comfort issues I've been hearing about the HD25. My ears are fairly large
triportsad.gif
, and I've had bad experiences with supra-aural headphones; is the HD25 any better than others? The whole reason why I'm asking this is because I've done a lot of reading and research - and many people are giving mixed reviews. Some saying the comfort is fine, while others say its unbearable.

May 18, 2011 at 5:04 AM Post #2 of 3
You can't really wear any supra-aural headphone for long periods of time.  If you are buying them for 1 hour sessions, or for using on the go, the HD25 should be fine, but if you're buying them to listen to all day at work every day or while studying for hours on end or something, I would get the M50 or something that goes around the ears. 

If you're just listening to music, it's easier to put up with slight discomfort, plus most albums are about an hour, so I usually don't listen for much longer than that if I'm strictly listening.  If I'm listening while working however, then I need comfortable headphones because otherwise it's just too intense. 

May 18, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks, That really helps for the HD25 part. Maybe I should buy both when I have sufficient funds since I do like to listen to music for long hours while studying, while other times I need something portable on the go. I can't see myself lugging around the M50 everywhere I go though; so both headphones would be the better option.

Now I still gotta figure out the pricing mystery.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back