ATH-ES7 Essential Mod (w. Headshots)
Jun 9, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #31 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone?

Don't worry about it. Get the ES7 in your hands first, then you'll see that there is nothing to it. Very simple process.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2008 at 6:14 AM Post #32 of 71
thank you guys for ur responses. i appreciate it. so basically in an overall conclusion, ur trying to make the metal bars a bit straighter correct? because in the pictures of the original, the headband/phone seem very curved or atleast more curve than the average headphone.

Jun 16, 2008 at 11:52 AM Post #34 of 71
Can anyone teach me how to take the cups off?

I'm wanting to replace the cables but can't get the cups off
frown.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #36 of 71
Ahh.. I see what you mean now.. I didn't realise the grill thing infront of the driver was screwed to another component.

Stupid me, I was trying to pull the silver bits off and thinking how the hell you lifted it off :p

Thanks a lot
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 7:00 AM Post #37 of 71
seeing a ES7 thread just got bumped up...may as well as I just got one for $75 from ebay after the crazed 35% off buy-it-now deal yesterday
cool.gif
. Anxiously waiting for my first closed headphone
rolleyes.gif

Jun 18, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #40 of 71
Yes, I was aware of fakes. The original price was $105, which was slightly below average and had me doubted a little bit. I bought from a guy called ubuycheap whom I read from some old threads is a legit seller. And due to the craziness of that ebay deal I decided to take a plunge.
rolleyes.gif

Google "35% off ebay" to read about this deal, which was apparently a one-day promotion by M$ and is unfortunately dead now.
frown.gif

Now is only 10% off I think....
redface.gif

Jun 25, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #41 of 71
yea, my first post XD

man, this mod really is kind of good.

i was at first reluctant to do this to mine but after doing once, and i tried it on, i went like 'hey, it feels better! this is cool!' then i continued to make it a bit more straight.

significant change in comfort. looks a bit better too
wink.gif

also, there is something that we can do to maintain the shiny surface of the can.

we can actually get a screen protector and stick over them. it may be a bit tough but definitely worth it.

Jul 8, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #42 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownxrecon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we can actually get a screen protector and stick over them. it may be a bit tough but definitely worth it.

I might be late on this, but just print out 2.5" (IIRC) diameter circles on paper and lay the non-sticky side of a BSE/IS against it and cut along the circle. Then just slap them onto the ES7s with normal application methods. I did this, and protection is optimal as I've thrown them around everywhere for about a year and there's not a scratch on them. They also have a neat dark, dark bluish tint to them now from the BSE somehow.

Oct 3, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #43 of 71
Just got my ES-7's today....before the mod...i admit i was a little worried. After the mod, completely new ballgame. Its a must.

Before : If you rest the phones around your neck, they seem to "choke" or clamp you...atleast they do me lol....The two rods must be carefully (yet firmly, with a good amount of muscle to bend metal) bent to adjust to your head....as stated earlier, an easy way to do this is to simply put the phones on your head (with the "elbows" sticking out) and then simply push them down and tighten/apply pressure to them on your head....i think this kind of "molds" them to your dome so to speak....then you can further adjust them once you get a better idea if you so please....very easily accomplished.

After: You will know you have done the mod when the phones rest like headphones should when you have them sit around your neck (now they are looser, not choking you like previously)....atleast this is what i have found. They are literally, 10x more comfortable, and no noticeable sound difference as far as i can tell. Much more enjoyable, and now i can feel comfotable having these phones on for hours at a time...AND they do look better on your head.

Cant wait to break these puppies in, i got the white ones off ebay (from ubuycheap) and they have all the markings of being authentic (i paid 115 with shipping for them)

LOVE this forum....now i want to get the ES-9's lol....

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #44 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by KottkeKU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are literally, 10x more comfortable, and no noticeable sound difference as far as i can tell. Much more enjoyable, and now i can feel comfotable having these phones on for hours at a time...AND they do look better on your head.

i couldnt agree more.

Mar 14, 2009 at 6:30 PM Post #45 of 71
I went and got myself an ES7. However, I find that it can be abit uncomfortable to use. My ears will feel slightly painful after awhile. Is this normal for someone using earphones for the first time? Or should I do the headband mod right away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back