ATH-A900X vs. Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80 Ohm PLease help!
Jan 15, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #46 of 62
Quote:
Yeah, I've already watched that but I didn't find a lot of substance in his review. It didn't go into much detail considering the length of it. I really just want to know if I liked the D2000s bass and general sound signature will I like the D5000s?

Well, considering the D5000 is considered a step up from the D2000, I don't see why you wouldn't.

Neither of them are worth the $500-$600 they are going for on Amazon though.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #47 of 62
Quote:
Ok. I thought cos they were discontinued suppliers wouldn't be able to get hold of any stock. 

Do the D5000s slam as hard as the D2000s in the bass?

Let me re-state what was said: they are the same headphone. Just a different cable and woodback cups. The D5000 has more bass, same impact/slam.

Very best,

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #48 of 62
Quote:
Well, considering the D5000 is considered a step up from the D2000, I don't see why you wouldn't.

Neither of them are worth the $500-$600 they are going for on Amazon though.

Do you have any other suggestions for headphones of equal sound singature and warm lush slamming bass but cheaper?

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #50 of 62
Quote:

Mr Speaker Mad Dog with SR007 Stax Pads. Closest thing to the D5000 that I've listened to.

Very best,

I found a near new, used pair of Denon D5000s on amazon.jp for about $450 AUD, is that a good deal? I might just go with these as I liked the comfort of the Denons as well. Is there a mod that increases the isolation of the Denons?

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #51 of 62
Quote:
I found a near new, used pair of Denon D5000s on amazon.jp for about $450 AUD, is that a good deal? I might just go with these as I liked the comfort of the Denons as well. Is there a mod that increases the isolation of the Denons?

That's a good deal. I paid $460 (£290) for my D5ks 2nd hand.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #53 of 62
Excellent choice! I love my D2k so the added sound quality and wooden cup is plus!

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #54 of 62
Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting them. This will be the last set of cans I buy for a while - bought 3 pairs now in the span of 2 weeks lol. Might save up for the LCD 2's next. Although I fear there are dminishing returns in terms of sound quality once you surpass the 400-500 dollar mark...

Jan 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #55 of 62
Quote:
Yeah, I'm looking forward to getting them. This will be the last set of cans I buy for a while - bought 3 pairs now in the span of 2 weeks lol. Might save up for the LCD 2's next. Although I fear there are dminishing returns in terms of sound quality once you surpass the 400-500 dollar mark...

The D5000 is excellent, you'll love it.

There's not going to be an easy way to improve isolation. The headphone is vented around the entire cup basically. It's why it has such great bass and a nice sound stage. You wouldn't want to lose that.

Very best,

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #56 of 62

There's not going to be an easy way to improve isolation. The headphone is vented around the entire cup basically. It's why it has such great bass and a nice sound stage. You wouldn't want to lose that.

Very best,

Thanks for all your input. I just hope theyre in good condition and packaged well.

One last question, I have the Fiio e11 which I really like, is it worth getting the e17? I like how the e17 has the incremental bass and treble settings. I also read that you can plug it into the usb port of your samsung galaxy s3 to use it as a dac with a particular app?

Jan 31, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #57 of 62
Quote:

Very best,

Finally got the Denons - they're awesome. THey are in pretty good condition too considering theyre second hand.

Mar 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #60 of 62
I have only started looking into headphones a week ago. But I have read a lot of reviews on all sorts of headphones and I think I can recommend the beuyer 990 to you. I am in doubt of buying the beyer pro 990 or the ATH-A900X. Please if you have experience with these would you post an opinion on which is the better pair of headphones? I bought an extremely expensive pair of BAD headphones by impulse and am not about to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back