Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter
Dec 8, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #376 of 457
Have you heard of any updates to aptX? Looking at A&K description of the codecs, it seemed that it might be possible to get a lossless CD quality given higher speeds. All the hype is on higher resolutions, but lossless CD quality would be a more practical step forward.

even though having not tried out aptx hd, i think that codec serves pretty well. i remember trying out a bluetooth aptx by audioengine on its B1 model, and i couldnt tell it apart when comparing with 24bit hdmi audio from a marantz receiver.

its quite possible that 5.0 will just take further aptx hd to a more standard (maybe more mainstream) adoption.

although if im not mistaken, you can already output 16/44 or 16/48 with aptx (flac or wav), in my book thats as cd quality as you will get.

with aptx hd you can get 24bit wich will get you to the highres domain some of us crave for

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #377 of 457
I was wondering whether it would be possible to buy a custom cable that would be short enough so I could keep the adapter attached to the collar. While it might look a little bit weird it should be quite convenient. Any ideas who could make such cable?

Dec 10, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #378 of 457
Try AliExpress, I always get my custom cables from several sellers there.
I used to make my own cables, until I've realized that buying them custom tailored is actually cheaper.

Dec 12, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #384 of 457
How would one see his inventory and past work, testimonials or feedback? I have no idea who Ted is.

Below are his website and other links are all the reviews and commentary about his work. Ted is my personal “go to” person for all my customs cables needs. He can repair, change termination and built you any customs cable at a very resoanable cost. He is usually very busy building cable. I bough a few of his OCC silver LITZ cable. He has type 2 now. Awesome guy.

https://headphonelounge.com/

https://www.head-fi.org/search/4325...o]=0&c[p][sonnb_xengallery_photo][aperture]=0

Dec 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM Post #385 of 457
I wonder if someone might be able to give me some guidance on BT pairing. I'm using mine with Pixel 2 and pairing works fine, just seems to take more steps that it should. I have yet to pair it without both 1) turning A&K off and on again, and then 2) initiating pairing from the phone. If the A&K is on and in standby mode (whatever they call it), shouldn't it be listening for the phone pairing? Otherwise what is it doing?

What am I missing here?

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #388 of 457

Users who are viewing this thread

Back