Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter
Dec 12, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #391 of 457
I think I figured out what is going on. Might be a bug in Pixel's BT setup. I have phone connection disabled for A&K in Android. It won't connect automatically. If I enable the phone connection, it works as you would expect.

Dec 12, 2017 at 10:39 PM Post #392 of 457
I think what he meant about connecting to multiple devices at the same time was outputting to more than one device at the same time. That's a BT 5 feature. The Galaxy S8/S8+ were the first smartphones with BT 5.0.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #393 of 457
I think what he meant about connecting to multiple devices at the same time was outputting to more than one device at the same time. That's a BT 5 feature. The Galaxy S8/S8+ were the first smartphones with BT 5.0.

I do that every day with my Pixel and it does not have BT 5 (car BT for phone + A&K for media).

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #397 of 457
Couple of odd things with mine

After turning it back on, it’ll typically beep every 10 seconds. If I then restart it it’ll go away. Only thing I can summise is that it starts beeping when it doesn’t receive an audio signal within X amount of time? But the problem is it keeps beeping when you play audio.

Secondly I notice the audio signal can really break up if it’s shaking about in your pocket.

Anyone else have similar?

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #398 of 457
I wouldn't think the shaking is causing the bad connection, but rather something about the materials in the clothing, something else nearby causing interference or the distance from the phone to the XB10.

You can reset the device by holding the power to the right for more than 8 seconds. Then re-pair to your phone. See if that helps with the beeping.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:04 PM Post #399 of 457
I wouldn't think the shaking is causing the bad connection, but rather something about the materials in the clothing, something else nearby causing interference or the distance from the phone to the XB10.

You can reset the device by holding the power to the right for more than 8 seconds. Then re-pair to your phone. See if that helps with the beeping.

did some testing today. lots of interference with my bt peripherals, switched them all off and it went flawless. some clipping during a walk, comparing with the fiio btr1 i think the latter is the most stable, might be a 4.2 stability thing.

great sq overall. i dont ever want to plug a inear to my phone ever again.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2017 at 6:17 AM Post #400 of 457

Actually I think it was more a cable connection issue after doing some testing today. MMCX cable on a Shure SE535. Used some blu-tak to help secure it a bit better.

Will try the reset, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back