Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Mar 15, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #2,596 of 2,746
Mesh networks have multiple access points between which clients can roam (and should be able roam if needed). But dis/enabling roaming did not make any difference in terms of signal quality

As I'm sure you know, mesh networks can have issues with seamless transfer from one node to another. It's not a problem with web browsing and such but when streaming there is still a disconnect and reconnect operation that stops the stream momentarily. I was using AiMesh for a while but have had better luck overall with a centrally located router. I'm not that familiar with UniFi hardware. The nodes are hardwired to a POE switch? UniFi is certainly supposed to be better than most.

Of course, if the Shanling DAPs are working well, then it must be the A&K's notoriously poor wifi... and there may not be a solution.

Mar 15, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #2,597 of 2,746
As I'm sure you know, mesh networks can have issues with seamless transfer from one node to another. It's not a problem with web browsing and such but when streaming there is still a disconnect and reconnect operation that stops the stream momentarily. I was using AiMesh for a while but have had better luck overall with a centrally located router. I'm not that familiar with UniFi hardware. The nodes are hardwired to a POE switch? UniFi is certainly supposed to be better than most.

Of course, if the Shanling DAPs are working well, then it must be the A&K's notoriously poor wifi... and there may not be a solution.
(Nodes are all hardwired)...

To be honest, where all my gear invariably shows a 4-bar connection, the AK mostly alternates between 0-1 bars, max 2 ... 🙈

@JasonNYC Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 20230315_181115.jpg
    20230315_181115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 7:22 AM Post #2,598 of 2,746
Just out of curiosity, as Astell & Kern Wi-Fi implementations do not seem to have improved over the years, is there anyone out there that has better success optimizing their Wi-Fi settings to maximize AK Wi-Fi signals?

My current setup is a Unifi U6 PRO Mesh network with 3 nodes. Their location has been optimized with the Ubiquiti network designer (room by room has been optimized for perfect signal coverage), and signal strength in the entire apartment is absolutely spotless, down to the smallest corner ...

Settings: 2.4Ghz channel width is set to 40Mhz, transmit power (for the sake of testing) is set to high. (5Ghz channel width is set to 160Mhz, transmit power is set to auto) I have almost no channel interference with neighbors.

Anything else I can or should do in order to improve the connection quality on an AK device? My kids both have an SR25 mkII and both are complaining about signal drops. And as a result they both are now starting to eye my Shanling M3U and M6U .. So any tips & tricks are welcome (that do not involve replacing the AKs for Shanling) :)
The upcoming new models from AK eg SR35 should now all have 5Ghz for the wifi based on the FCC tests data.

Mar 17, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #2,600 of 2,746
The upcoming new models from AK eg SR35 should now all have 5Ghz for the wifi based on the FCC tests data.
Keeping my fingers crossed as 5Ghz typically has lower signal strength than 2.4Ghz

Mar 23, 2023 at 12:53 AM Post #2,603 of 2,746
I need to replace my AK Jr. battery. The battery specification is 3.7V; 1600mah.

will same 3.7v with more than 1600mah work? or battery having slightly more voltage and capacity than original specification work?

Or I have to find the exact specification.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mar 23, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #2,604 of 2,746
I need to replace my AK Jr. battery. The battery specification is 3.7V; 1600mah.

will same 3.7v with more than 1600mah work? or battery having slightly more voltage and capacity than original specification work?

Or I have to find the exact specification.

Any help is much appreciated.
I imagine that you will just enjoy slightly longer play time - and charge times

Users who are viewing this thread

Back