Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Apr 24, 2023 at 2:44 PM Post #2,627 of 2,746
Is there a way to make the SR25 MKII go into ADB mode? MacDroid wants me to enable USB Debugging mode, but I see no way to do this in the settings. I'm trying to move some files around and I've found that trying to manipulate them via an SD card and a reader seem to corrupt the files. Whereas using Android File Transfer doesn't. However, when on MacOS when you have too many folders, there's a flaw in that app where you can't move directories out a level, so I thought I would try macDroid. It does work in MTP mode, but is slower than molasses in winter when doing it.

May 6, 2023 at 7:07 AM Post #2,628 of 2,746
Slightly off-topic but I wanted to address the Astell & Kern crowd. I've just ordered an Astell & Kern PEE 51 dongle dac, it's 3.5 single ended output. My question is... would using a 3.5 mm male single ended to 4.4 female balanced out adaptor have any negative affects upon the dac?
Thank You and kind regards in advance.

May 6, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #2,629 of 2,746
Slightly off-topic but I wanted to address the Astell & Kern crowd. I've just ordered an Astell & Kern PEE 51 dongle dac, it's 3.5 single ended output. My question is... would using a 3.5 mm male single ended to 4.4 female balanced out adaptor have any negative affects upon the dac?
Thank You and kind regards in advance.
AFAIK the problems arise when running single ended out of a balanced jack. Balanced (with adapter) out of single ended is fine. Both channels use the common ground.

May 9, 2023 at 1:02 PM Post #2,631 of 2,746
Hi,
I wanna ask, If I use Sony WF1000MX4 Connect to Activo CT15, the sound not as good as I use iPhone for media player coz I can install Sony Headphone Connect. Do you know any solution I can use for the CT15?
And I tried to Connect via Bluetooth CT15 to my car. It’S Connect but unable to play the music in the car from CT15

May 24, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #2,632 of 2,746
Hello,
I would like to ask owners of AK SR25 if they ever come across this hiccup: I am listening on shuffle mode and the DAP restarts itself when there is a change in songs bitrate. /it happens when changing from FLAC 16/44 to Hi - Res/. It appears not to happen when i fiddle with the songs like skipping forward within the song, or skipping songs manualy.
Is there a way to fix this behaviour ? Many thanks.

May 31, 2023 at 1:55 AM Post #2,636 of 2,746
Received my SR25 2 weeks ago. Use it mostly with Tidal off-line and balanced. Great battery. Was coming from a Dragonfly Cobalt. The 2 big differences are to be away from the phone and INTO the music and the 2.5mm balanced that has more punch and texture. Anyway great device😀
what means use tidal off-line? you can listen music without internet connection or how it works?

May 31, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #2,637 of 2,746
what means use tidal off-line? you can listen music without internet connection or how it works?
With the Tidal built-in app you cannot use Tidal off-line but if you install Tidal through the Open APP Service you'll be able to use it off-line (without internet connection).

From twister6 Review : "You need to download APK file (use a site like https://apkpure.com/), copy it to Open Service Folder located on internal storage, go to Services on the DAP, and when you see the app being recognized and listed in there – click to install it. Keep in mind, for example, you will have to install Tidal apk if you want off-line downloads. Also, installed apps will not be updated automatically since you are not running Google Play. You will have to keep track of app updates and manually download and install new versions."

May 31, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #2,638 of 2,746
With the Tidal built-in app you cannot use Tidal off-line but if you install Tidal through the Open APP Service you'll be able to use it off-line (without internet connection).

From twister6 Review : "You need to download APK file (use a site like https://apkpure.com/), copy it to Open Service Folder located on internal storage, go to Services on the DAP, and when you see the app being recognized and listed in there – click to install it. Keep in mind, for example, you will have to install Tidal apk if you want off-line downloads. Also, installed apps will not be updated automatically since you are not running Google Play. You will have to keep track of app updates and manually download and install new versions."
so ,use off-line means listen downloaded music from tidal?correct?

Jun 4, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #2,639 of 2,746
My SR25 died yesterday. It started to behave strangely with the battery diminising at a very fast pace. Then I realized that the battery had grown and opened the back. It has lasted almost exactly three years with pretty intensive use part of the time.
The player still works but according to the battery now in view I should not use it.
Anybody with experience in battery change in Europe? I believe Astell gives the service. Anyone with any other experience? Thanks in advance

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

Jun 4, 2023 at 9:01 AM Post #2,640 of 2,746
My SR25 died yesterday. It started to behave strangely with the battery diminising at a very fast pace. Then I realized that the battery had grown and opened the back. It has lasted almost exactly three years with pretty intensive use part of the time.
The player still works but according to the battery now in view I should not use it.
Anybody with experience in battery change in Europe? I believe Astell gives the service. Anyone with any other experience? Thanks in advance

IMG_2839.jpeg
IMG_2838.jpeg
It happened the same to me too. I ordered a new battery from Aliexpress and replaced it myself. You will need to tools for screws. It's quite easy. Just have to be a bit more careful when you connect the battery to the part. It could get loose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back