Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:03 AM Post #2,101 of 2,746
Hi Guys
I found something wrong with my AK SR25.
The back panel pops up (see the attached pics) on my hand during I listened to music.
That is very high concern for me about this. It may destroy my hands.

This player is just a year (I bought it on July 2020).
For more info about charging adapter, I used the apple 1A adapter to charge this SR25 player.
This situation makes me concern about AK quality and safe.

98ad9eae1e6358c74890fab4097178e3.jpg

Aug 13, 2021 at 10:29 AM Post #2,102 of 2,746
Sorry to see this. A 1 amp charger is not ideal for charging the SR25, but only because it is slow. Your SR25 looks as though the battery is swollen, which means it's defective and needs to be replaced. That is my limited opinion of your situation. Others may chime in and provide better advice.

Aug 14, 2021 at 7:06 PM Post #2,103 of 2,746
Hi Guys
I found something wrong with my AK SR25.
The back panel pops up (see the attached pics) on my hand during I listened to music.
That is very high concern for me about this. It may destroy my hands.

This player is just a year (I bought it on July 2020).
For more info about charging adapter, I used the apple 1A adapter to charge this SR25 player.
This situation makes me concern about AK quality and safe.

98ad9eae1e6358c74890fab4097178e3.jpg
I had a similar issue with mine...twice so twice replaced. Both times the battery expanded and popped the back out so I couldn't close the device. Is your battery swollen?

A&K was responsive in both cases and replaced my device. I'm on my third one now and haven't had the issue. That said, I'm no longer using it as a DAC with my PC like I was before.

Aug 16, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #2,104 of 2,746
I had a similar issue with mine...twice so twice replaced. Both times the battery expanded and popped the back out so I couldn't close the device. Is your battery swollen?

A&K was responsive in both cases and replaced my device. I'm on my third one now and haven't had the issue. That said, I'm no longer using it as a DAC with my PC like I was before.
Yes, battery is swollen.
I sent it to authorized distributor to replace the device.

How long did you use your AK SR25 until it was swollen?

Aug 19, 2021 at 9:31 AM Post #2,105 of 2,746
Does anyone know the metadata requirements for the music app? I'm confused as to why 400 of my albums are showing up under unknown artist when they are tagged by the same program in the same way as the other 2500.

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #2,106 of 2,746
Hadn’t really used my SR25 in a while, but had a really nice listening session with it today, paired with Campfire Audio ARA with the 2.5mm balanced cable. Very impressive sound. Kinda forgot how much I enjoy A&K players and their “house sound”!!!

Aug 23, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #2,107 of 2,746
Does anyone know the metadata requirements for the music app? I'm confused as to why 400 of my albums are showing up under unknown artist when they are tagged by the same program in the same way as the other 2500.
Don't know the specifics, however I get al my album art from Ben Dodson's site it all shows on both A&K SR25 and Sony WM1A, latter is noted to be picky with formats for album art.

Q-6

Aug 29, 2021 at 4:18 AM Post #2,111 of 2,746
Had my SR25 for a couple of weeks now. Really happy with the sound quality. The UI is pants. Can't sort the album view by album artist never mind by date added. Can't set an album as favorite. I know the younger generation are mainly track oriented but there's still a lot of us who are album oriented.
Yeah, sounds about right. great sound, poor ui ^^

Aug 30, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #2,112 of 2,746
Had my SR25 for a couple of weeks now. Really happy with the sound quality. The UI is pants. Can't sort the album view by album artist never mind by date added. Can't set an album as favorite. I know the younger generation are mainly track oriented but there's still a lot of us who are album oriented.
The UI is horrendous. I understand not going full Android but there are plenty of great music apps they could have modeled their own after. Maybe even just allowed us to install. The sound quality, size, battery life and Foobar app is enough for me to keep mine.

Aug 30, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #2,113 of 2,746
Using Qobuz is okay, once you find a version that works. I can add a new album in Roon and it's then visible on the SR25 in the Qobuz app. Can view albums by date added. Maybe AK think users will use streaming apps rather than use local files and their UI.

Aug 30, 2021 at 9:55 PM Post #2,114 of 2,746
Maybe AK think users will use streaming apps rather than use local files and their UI.
Yeah, after owning SR25 for a little more than a year this is what I'm doing, despite the 400Gb card I've got for downloading Tidal or AM offline.

On the rare occasions I use it at home, I stream WiFi. And for the here-and-there outdoor use, I just take my phone and hotspot.

Sep 7, 2021 at 10:05 AM Post #2,115 of 2,746
Hi. I own Etymotic Research ER4SR in-ears, with standard 3.5mm termination. If I understand correctly, the SR25's balanced output is more powerful. Etymotic is now carrying balanced cables - at a pretty reasonable price. I'm not very technical & don't really understand the relationship of impedance, sensitivity, power etc. Are the Etymotic's are considered 'hard to drive' with an impedance of 45 Ohms. Would it be beneficial to switch from SE to BAL with these earphones? What *might* I expect? Also - if anyone can direct me to a site with layman's explanations of some common specs, terms, etc for headphones & DAPs- much appreciated! Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back