Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Feb 9, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #1,291 of 2,746
Thanks for the quick reply! I assume that Tidal is aware of the issue and are working to solve it?

Indeed the embedded Tidal app works just fine. What I do like with the open app version is the ability to download content and also get recommendations from Tidal which is not included in the embedded version.

Looking forward for a solution from Tidal!

Best regards,

// Erik

Feb 9, 2021 at 10:59 AM Post #1,292 of 2,746
Thanks for the quick reply! I assume that Tidal is aware of the issue and are working to solve it?

Indeed the embedded Tidal app works just fine. What I do like with the open app version is the ability to download content and also get recommendations from Tidal which is not included in the embedded version.

Looking forward for a solution from Tidal!

Best regards,

// Erik
It has been reported by us, other manufacturers and I know of several users who have open support tickets with Tidal about the issue. No word yet from Tidal as this has been happening for a few days already,

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Feb 9, 2021 at 11:02 AM Post #1,293 of 2,746
It has been reported by us, other manufacturers and I know of several users who have open support tickets with Tidal about the issue. No word yet from Tidal as this has been happening for a few days already,
I keep my fingers crossed that Tidal start to look into the issues. Meanwhile I will enjoy the embedded version.

Thanks a lot for the quick response from A&K!

Best regards,

// Erik

Feb 9, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #1,294 of 2,746
Just taken delivery of an SR25 and having problems with Apple Music. Have downloaded and installed the APK file on the SR25 but it continually crashes pretty much immediately after opening it every time.

Any ideas/suggestions why?

Thanks!

Feb 9, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #1,295 of 2,746
Not surprising, the Tidal apk often feels like a beta on Android especially with these weird authentication issues. good thing I've kept my Apple Music subscription lying around.

FWIW, I've left Tidal apk in offline mode on my SR25 for now, and I'm still able to listen content I had downloaded previously, but for how long who knows...

Feb 9, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #1,296 of 2,746
Just taken delivery of an SR25 and having problems with Apple Music. Have downloaded and installed the APK file on the SR25 but it continually crashes pretty much immediately after opening it every time.

Any ideas/suggestions why?

Thanks!

I (and others) have the same problem. Try version 3.3.2. I saw somewhere that 3.4.0 may work also (not verified).

Feb 10, 2021 at 2:36 AM Post #1,297 of 2,746
deleted because double post (technical problem)

Just report your double post to the moderators, with the report button. I have done it in the past with mine. They don't mind clearing out double posts, and they don't tell you off. They are probably also more grateful that you care enough about Head-Fi to keep it neat.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #1,299 of 2,746
Is there a way to get the artwork to display full width when viewing the tracklist? Currently, tapping on the album artwork enlarges the image to full width which seems like a much better use of space and clarity for the album artwork.

On a side note, I can't figure out for the life of me why some album artworks won't display properly in the album list. I've been using Meta to set my metadata and have tried everything possible to get the artwork to display. The odd thing is, in the album view, the artwork doesn't display. Once I start playing music though from the album, the artwork will display while it's playing. It's got me completely stumped!

Feb 10, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #1,300 of 2,746
Let me try again, on behalf of the poor SR25 owners who live in the UK. I asked this question before, but got no answer... BBC Music has been discontinued and replaced by BBC Sounds months ago. BBC Music was supported, BBC Sounds IS NOT YET (go figure...)

Any plans by AK to allow us to use BBC Sounds on its players? Many thanks,

Last edited:
Feb 11, 2021 at 4:10 AM Post #1,302 of 2,746
Feb 11, 2021 at 4:22 AM Post #1,304 of 2,746
Aliexpress. Sorry to be a tease but it seems like they don't make them any more.

Guess I’ll have to get my bling from shiny silver cables then. :o2smile:

Feb 11, 2021 at 8:35 AM Post #1,305 of 2,746
Yes, the SR25 can be left plugged in and the player will stop charging when it reaches 100% charge.
Is the DAP supposed to be rather warm when used in USB DAC mode, even when 100% charge is reached?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back