Astell & Kern SR25: The next A&norma player
Feb 11, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,308 of 2,746
Looks like Tidal fixed the login issues. Can confirm a few users who haven't been able to log in all week can now log in with no issue.
I can just confirm that Tidal seems to have fixed the login issue! At least using A&K SR25 with firmware 1.40 and Tidal (open app) version 2.36.2.

Thanks a lot for the quick feedback in this forum! @JasonNYC

Best regards,

// Erik

Feb 11, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #1,310 of 2,746
Looks like Tidal fixed the login issues. Can confirm a few users who haven't been able to log in all week can now log in with no issue.
Great, thanks, looks like its safe to go back in the water..

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #1,311 of 2,746
I am looking at buying the SR25 (UK Based) - could I ask have the Wifi issues been resolved in the latest firmware releases? Also any issues using Apple Music on this device with the latest firmware? Thanks in advance!

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #1,312 of 2,746
I am looking at buying the SR25 (UK Based) - could I ask have the Wifi issues been resolved in the latest firmware releases? Also any issues using Apple Music on this device with the latest firmware? Thanks in advance!

Hi. I've just bought the SR25 and WiFi works fine for me but the range is not extensive so you can't be too far away from your router. The most recent version of Apple Music doesn't currently work but version 3.3.2. does.

Feb 13, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #1,313 of 2,746
Hi. I've just bought the SR25 and WiFi works fine for me but the range is not extensive so you can't be too far away from your router. The most recent version of Apple Music doesn't currently work but version 3.3.2. does.

Thank you for your quick reply - that is good to know. I don't think Wifi signal will be too much of an issue as I have Netgear Orbi system so I get a decent signal around the house. Tough decision between this and the Fiio M11 pro. Looks like I need to do some more research!

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #1,314 of 2,746
Has anyone tried using the HD 800S with the SR25? Impressions?
Yes, I use them (the headphones) with my Schiit Valhalla II (and SR25) and they sound incredible! I don't think I need the Valhalla to power them, but the improvement is very apparent. I mostly listen to older Rock music from the sixties, seventies and eighties.

Feb 14, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #1,315 of 2,746

Can I know where you download Apple Music?

The one I downloaded from APKPURE was unable to be installed in my A&K SP2000 (I suppose it should work the same across all A&K DAPs). Though the version is 3.4.5, I remembered only US is allowed to install this app, am I wrong?

edit: I have just successfully installed Apple Music 3.3.2. Thank you!

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #1,316 of 2,746

The one I downloaded from APKPURE was unable to be installed in my A&K SP2000 (I suppose it should work the same across all A&K DAPs). Though the version is 3.4.5, I remembered only US is allowed to install this app, am I wrong?

Thank you.

This one? It's 3.3.2 from APKpure, normal apk version.

https://apkpure.com/apple-music/com.apple.android.music/download/981-APK-2364812088f1c7de3fa0f146bf50f3a8?from=versions/version

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2021 at 4:10 PM Post #1,317 of 2,746

Thank you.

From APKPURE but 3.4.5 does not (currently) work but 3.3.1 does so you'll need to install that.

Feb 14, 2021 at 6:37 PM Post #1,318 of 2,746
Thank you for your quick reply - that is good to know. I don't think Wifi signal will be too much of an issue as I have Netgear Orbi system so I get a decent signal around the house. Tough decision between this and the Fiio M11 pro. Looks like I need to do some more research!
I was very concerned about wifi on the SR25, too, because I figured that I’d be streaming Qobuz 75% of the time. We have a fairly strong network at home but I still had concerns. Fortunately it has never been an issue, even before I upgraded to the latest firmware. It rarely shows a full strength signal except when I am very near the router or mesh network extender. But I have never dropped a connection either regardless of where I am in the house. So I am content. And, btw, I really like the unit.

Feb 15, 2021 at 10:01 AM Post #1,320 of 2,746
Is the DAP supposed to be rather warm when used in USB DAC mode, even when 100% charge is reached?

Yes, it gets warm. I also think the thermal engineering is faulty or the battery can't handle the use case for extended periods. I use the SR-25 as a DAC extensively and back in Sep 2020 the battery on my SR-25 expanded to the point where it popped the back of the player and it wouldn't shut again (see my previous post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/astell-kern-sr25-the-next-a-norma-player.926918/post-15885866). I promptly got a replacement unit from Crutchfield and was assured by A&K this was not a design issue but an isolated issue. Well, this morning I noticed my replacement SR-25 has the same problem though the battery hasn't expanded as much as my first unit:

IMG_0091.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back