Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Jul 31, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #1,801 of 2,727
Can you elaborate by all external USB connections not working please so I can look into it?
once i plug in the usb, the "USB mode" makes some spins and then blacks out, means no connection even, i tried on USB 2 and 3, both failed, was ok before update

Jul 31, 2019 at 11:24 AM Post #1,802 of 2,727
It does seem like the new firmware indeed improved the scan speed for me. Down to a few minutes now after rebooting instead of the ludicrously long time it took before.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #1,803 of 2,727
From Jason on July 10th (post #1,682 on this thread) regarding Roon:

Hopefully this means it's on Roon's end at this point since it's been 3 weeks since the above update. Any updates on Roon @JasonNYC?
Still, heen I compacte this with previous posts I see not much progressie. This was Jasons statement on Jan 5 (post #794):
We were targeting the end of December, but with the holidays assumed it would get pushed a bit. Last update I had before the holidays was that it was close. Our dev team had to make a change that the Roon team requested, then it needed to go back to Roon for testing which can take a few weeks. I should hopefully have an update this week.

I haven't gotten any details on exactly what will be available with the Roon update. Again, hope to get that info and share over the next week or so.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #1,804 of 2,727
Nevermind, figured it out

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #1,806 of 2,727
New firmware coming for the SR15 in the next 24 hours.

Firmware changes include:
  • New Open APP Services added: 7Digital, Apple Music, Audiobooks from Audible, BBC iPlayer Radio, Foobar2000, IDAGIO, Last.FM, Onkyo Music, Player FM and Yandex Music.
  • 1TB microSD card support
  • Car Mode function added
  • EQ Sharing Sync function added
  • Other operational stability improvements

Weeeee.

Aug 1, 2019 at 2:20 AM Post #1,808 of 2,727
I updated to 1.5 but the sections I see are always just Tidal and Deezer. Do I lose something?

Aug 1, 2019 at 2:24 AM Post #1,809 of 2,727
Aug 1, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #1,810 of 2,727
Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 4:10 AM Post #1,811 of 2,727
Pfff. I hate this. I bought the SR15 in October because of the Roon promise before the end of the year 2018. Then Roon inclusion just missed the January firmware because Roon was too slow testing (said Jason). Now it is not in the July firmware. Is Roon integration still even on the roadmap?

Yes me too. Very frustrating. Roon are a very exacting organisation... Still delays like this should not be happening after the official announcement being very clear it would be up and running before the new year. Surely then a case of jumping the gun by A&K
Roon have a small team who will not compromise on their vision and unlike simply ok’ing rollout of the vanilla app it involves full roon readiness.
Roon have also been wholly diverted by the launch of 1.6 an avalanche of user feedback and working on related modifications
I remain hopeful...

Aug 1, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #1,812 of 2,727
I have made the decision to return the SR15.

For the price there are just too many flaws for me. This seems to be the case with all DAPs.

Ultimately I’m very disappointed by my experience here but thank you to everyone that helped me out over the last few weeks.

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:04 AM Post #1,813 of 2,727
I have made the decision to return the SR15.

For the price there are just too many flaws for me. This seems to be the case with all DAPs.

Ultimately I’m very disappointed by my experience here but thank you to everyone that helped me out over the last few weeks.

I understand, your feelings are also mine.
I'll do some more checks and then I'll decide whether to sell it. Unfortunately, the time to return it has expired.

Aug 1, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #1,814 of 2,727
I understand, your feelings are also mine.
I'll do some more checks and then I'll decide whether to sell it. Unfortunately, the time to return it has expired.
im not very happy with the ui , but compensated for me is the sound, i aint going to fiio either, their frequency of new products totally triggers me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back