Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Oct 10, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #121 of 2,727
I think 600£ is the most I’d be willing to spend. It can easily get out of hand! Lol

You should at least listen to it, you may change your mind, you will have true audiophile sound for the rest of your life... I returned mine in anticipation of the 1000M, and now i'm back to the old AK Jr., until the new player is released on the 15th, and I can't even listen to music anymore... It's like flying coach after experiencing first class. The sound is not 3D holographic, its just not audiophile...

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2018 at 2:43 PM Post #122 of 2,727
Recently purchased the SR15 , sound quality is amazing via wired but when connect over bluetooth Sony MDR-1000X , the volume is really low , to the point i have to max out to get it upto a decent enough volume , anyone else , have this problem?

Oct 12, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #124 of 2,727
Are there any particular requirments for the sd-cards to be used with SR15? Like maybe FAT32 only? Or exfat? I had an opportunity fo give it a brief listening and man this sounds sweet. But sadly SR15 had not recognised my micro sd-card at all so the experience received was somewhat compromised as i only listened to test tracks A&K puts into their daps. I'm going to try once more when i find my another card with test tracks but it will be a huge disappointment if SR15 doesn't recognise it as well.
The particullar card is 128 Gb made by Team and i use it right now with my Opus#3. So the card itself is ok.

Oct 12, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #125 of 2,727
Are there any particular requirments for the sd-cards to be used with SR15? Like maybe FAT32 only? Or exfat? I had an opportunity fo give it a brief listening and man this sounds sweet. But sadly SR15 had not recognised my micro sd-card at all so the experience received was somewhat compromised as i only listened to test tracks A&K puts into their daps. I'm going to try once more when i find my another card with test tracks but it will be a huge disappointment if SR15 doesn't recognise it as well.
The particullar card is 128 Gb made by Team and i use it right now with my Opus#3. So the card itself is ok.
You should hear the SE100...

Oct 13, 2018 at 3:49 AM Post #129 of 2,727
Not sure why it is not listed on our website, but I will let our web team know. The answer is yes, the SR15 does have USB DAC function. All of our players since the first gen AK100 released 6 years ago supports USB DAC function. It's a feature we've always included and plan on continuing to include.

Jason, can you please indicate what is the output power of the SR15 (in Mw) over a 300 ohm load?
The specs in the website only indicate in Vrms (2 Vrms for unbalanced), but without load.

How effectively would the SR15 drive a pair of cans with 300ohm impedance.

Thanks

Oct 13, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #130 of 2,727
New firmware 1.08 is ready, it improves the stability, the SR15 overall performance is improved

Oct 13, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #131 of 2,727
You should hear the SE100...
I definitely will.
But though i'm quit interested in hearing it, I'm almost certainly not going to buy it as i'm in search of something really portable as a source for everyday use. My Opus sounds really cool and even if SE100 or SP1000 are much better i would rather buy a dac then a dap that big and expensive. Just some thoughts of mine, sorry:wink:

Oct 14, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #132 of 2,727
SE100 seems like an awkward price point to me, either you get the SR15 as more bang for buck or skip right to SP1000M, not sure if there's much incentive to go down the middle with a SE100. That's just how I feel personally..

Yah, that's why I returned the SE100, getting the 1000M.

Oct 14, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #133 of 2,727
Recently purchased the SR15 , sound quality is amazing via wired but when connect over bluetooth Sony MDR-1000X , the volume is really low , to the point i have to max out to get it upto a decent enough volume , anyone else , have this problem?
I have the same headphones only the Mk 2, and although noticeably quieter than my wired IEM's, the Bluetooth is pretty good and it can go still go loud. Have you maxed the volume out on both the device and the headphones using the touch pad on the earpiece?

Oct 16, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #135 of 2,727
I have the same headphones only the Mk 2, and although noticeably quieter than my wired IEM's, the Bluetooth is pretty good and it can go still go loud. Have you maxed the volume out on both the device and the headphones using the touch pad on the earpiece?

what a wally I 'am lol problem solved , cheers , I thought the volume was control via player not headphones too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back