Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Nov 23, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #331 of 2,727
Hello

The Chord Mojo makes a very good complement to the SR15,

I don't notice the difference in sound of this combination with the Poly-Mojo, and it is more functional and easier to use, the SR15 software is very good
is this the real life? is this just fantasy.... caught in a land slide no escape from reality...

Nov 24, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #338 of 2,727
Adapter question: I have a Chord Hugo 2. To connect the SR 15, I need to go mini usb out on the SR 15 to mini usb in on the Hugo 2, both male mini sub ports. Does anyone know where I can find an adapter that will connect the two. So far, I am having a hard time finding an adapter on Amazon. There is a mini usb male to usb female that I could make work, but it means using two adapters...

In terms of my impressions, so far I am very happy with the SR 15. Previously, I had both an AK Kahn and SE 100. It is obviously dangerous to do comparisons from memory, but overall I seem to find the SR 15 more musical than the other two. I don't doubt that Kahn and the SE 100 do pieces of the musical spectrum better than the SR 15, but one does not ordinarily listen to pieces of the spectrum, but rather listening is a wholistic experience. To my mind the SR 15 wins, assuming that my memory is reliable, admittedly a questionable premise. In any event, the SR 15 meets my needs at a price point that, while hardly low, I can live with.

Nov 25, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #340 of 2,727
Sorry if this has already been mentioned. I did do a search. Does the SR15 now allow storage of Tidal offline files?

Nov 25, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #342 of 2,727
Thanks for that. Pardon my ignorance but what is an apk, and is installing that at all complicated?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #343 of 2,727
I have the SR 15 now for a few days and I'm not happy with it, because the auto shutdown / hibernate mode is not working properly. For example, I want to set "auto power off* to always on and "hibernate" to 30 min. After a while, both auto power off and hibernate are automatically set back to always on. The result is an empty battery latest the next day when I'd like to use the player again. Anyone with the same problem or a solution maybe?

Switched the language from German to English, now the setiings make much more sense. The translation is not very high-end...

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #344 of 2,727

Users who are viewing this thread

Back