Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Jul 18, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #1,696 of 2,727
Is it true that the SR15 cannot use a larger than 400GB microSD card?

No, I am using it with a PNY 512 GB microSD

Jul 19, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #1,699 of 2,727
does the SR15 battery get used while using it as a desktop dac?
can I use the 2.5mm balanced as a line out? through a 2.5 to 3.5mm converter

Jul 19, 2019 at 2:40 PM Post #1,700 of 2,727
Files ripped using the CD Ripper get ripped to internal memory. There currently is no option to default to external memory.

Moving the file from internal to external should remove any copy in internal memory. I suggest doing a manual media scan to see if that fixes the issue. I will also pass this onto our development team.

To initialize a manual media scan - settings, system reset, initialize media scan. If you have playlists set up, please make sure cleal playlists box is UNCHECKED. Hit ok. It will scan all the tracks and rebuild the database. It can take up to 10 - 15 minutes depending on the number of tracks on the player and external memory, but usually only takes a few minutes.

Thanks for this!

Jul 20, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #1,701 of 2,727
So I received my SR15 today. Up to this point I have owned several Fiio amps that I used paired off my iPhones, and my god does the SR15 sound incredible. Just wow! My A&K cd ripper mk2 arrives tomorrow so I will begin to rip all my cd's to FLAC. I have done a number of them already with EAC so I was able to load those over just to test the SR15 out. Such rich music flowing from this DAP. I'm overjoyed.

I'd like to add that mine does not get hot like I keep reading from other owners and reviews. A little warm but that's it.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #1,702 of 2,727
So I received my SR15 today. Up to this point I have owned several Fiio amps that I used paired off my iPhones, and my god does the SR15 sound incredible. Just wow! My A&K cd ripper mk2 arrives tomorrow so I will begin to rip all my cd's to FLAC. I have done a number of them already with EAC so I was able to load those over just to test the SR15 out. Such rich music flowing from this DAP. I'm overjoyed.

I'd like to add that mine does not get hot like I keep reading from other owners and reviews. A little warm but that's it.

You won’t regret the SR15. To make it more punchier bass I did pair up with ALO CDM a nice combination. :smile_phones:

Jul 20, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #1,705 of 2,727
The A&K CD Ripper MKII works faaaantastic. It arrived today, plug and play. It is already saving me a bunch of time. I like that I don't have to set up the folders and such. Just pop a CD in and the SR15 does everything for me. Worth the money.

AK Ripper SR15 Resised.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 9:53 AM Post #1,706 of 2,727
Current firmware has many small and more serious flaws. Let's give developers enough time to fix everything. Norma has to work with dignity for the price.
even their dac driver for win10 is problematic, starting an audio file causes massive static at start and then pops away, easy to manipulate it

Jul 22, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #1,707 of 2,727
Hi all purchased a SR15 last week as my trusty Zune has died. Helluva upgrade!

Going away next week on holiday anyone recommend a decent pair of Bluetooth cans to complement the AK. Nothing too huge, don’t want to look like the pilot. Don’t do IEMs. I listen to flac16bit and some 24 bit plus Tidal hi res. All metal and punk.

Thanks in advance. 1st post sorry if too long and if in wrong place!

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #1,710 of 2,727
Yes but it's little pointless. From phone you can get better connection with these headphones then from SR15. For Bluetooth it's just a transport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back