Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Jun 16, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #1,156 of 1,568
As for ability to watch YouTube , i had planned to sell this and just get an open android which plays bit perfect but listening to my se100 with Utopia’s is so good I cannot sell it. Still getting one of those but not parting with this! Maybe n6ii for YouTube etc.
the Utopia’s were such a leap up from iem’s with this that I realized i had not been hearing its potential.

Jun 17, 2019 at 2:27 AM Post #1,157 of 1,568
Does anyone have the leather Dignis case? It seems to offer the most protection without stand.

Screenshot_20190617_142623_com.amazon.mShop.android.shopping.jpg

Jun 17, 2019 at 10:16 PM Post #1,159 of 1,568
New firmware update coming this month for SE100.

New features include:

• Car Mode function - When enabled, a more simplified display for one-handed use in the car
    • EQ Sync Function - ability to save and export EQ settings and share with others. Ability to import custom EQ settings. Headphone manufacturers can also release customized EQ settings to match their headphones to our players.
    • Improvements to OpenApp - Have not received much info on this yet, but I believe it's functional fixes like fixing the text color in search on Qobuz app, etc.
    • System optimizations and bug fixes

Target release date is morning of June 25 in Korea (late night 6/24 in the US)
Hi Jason, may I know if the lastfm scrobble support will be included in the coming SE100 new firmware? Thanks!

Jun 19, 2019 at 5:12 PM Post #1,160 of 1,568
New firmware update coming this month for SE100.

New features include:

• Car Mode function - When enabled, a more simplified display for one-handed use in the car
    • EQ Sync Function - ability to save and export EQ settings and share with others. Ability to import custom EQ settings. Headphone manufacturers can also release customized EQ settings to match their headphones to our players.
    • Improvements to OpenApp - Have not received much info on this yet, but I believe it's functional fixes like fixing the text color in search on Qobuz app, etc.
    • System optimizations and bug fixes

Target release date is morning of June 25 in Korea (late night 6/24 in the US)
i love the se100 but i guess and do not take me wrong your eq is the worst eq i ever used period, so i do not know what will the eq sync function do as your eq needs a real overhaul, and i hope you will not defend it as its not useable, thanks god the sound of ak se100 is perfect without eq. But when you mention ur parametric eq as feature in your adds, man this can back fire on AK . As its not usable. And people who want to use eq know ahead they will introduce some distortions but at least they are usable. while your eq makes literally everything sound so bad that it is not usable at all so its better not to mention it or even better to remove it all together

For gods sake let AK address this unusable eq you put on all your devices

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #1,161 of 1,568
i love the se100 but i guess and do not take me wrong your eq is the worst eq i ever used period, so i do not know what will the eq sync function will do as your eq needs a real overhaul, and i hope you will not defend it as its not useable, thanks god thr sound of ak se100 is perfect without eq

For gods sake let AK address this unusable eq you put on all your devices
Yeah +1
Besides this, I expected more from this much-delayed firmware update... I personally don't care about all of the mods coming with the update.
I'd prefer to see the album/artist/now playing screen mods what are actually useful and would make the UI more comfortable.

Jun 21, 2019 at 5:07 AM Post #1,162 of 1,568
I really wish there will be some update which will reduce the time necessary for holding the turn on button to turn the SE100 on. It’s absurdly long... And a A-B section repeat function would be awesome too as it’s a really handy function but almost no DAP brand has it... AK should work a bit harder on their updates.

Last edited:
Jun 30, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #1,164 of 1,568
Has anyone noticed that the dap gets louder over time? I switched to balanced a few months ago using the andromedas. Started at volume level of 25 for normal listening and now after a few months im down to 17. Is this because of burn in or my ears cleared up? Lol

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #1,165 of 1,568
Has anyone noticed that the dap gets louder over time? I switched to balanced a few months ago using the andromedas. Started at volume level of 25 for normal listening and now after a few months im down to 17. Is this because of burn in or my ears cleared up? Lol

Haha that's pretty funny but a good question. I've always listened louder to then I realized i should probably turn it down

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:14 AM Post #1,166 of 1,568
Has anyone had issues with their se100 not charging after latest firmware? I usually charge overnight and woke up this morning, after doing the latest update before entering the land of nod, and the battery was still in the red! Seems to me the cable is a little loose, a bit like when I was 15 and pulled that 40 year old down the local pub...well, one thing led to ano....okay you don’t need to hear that

Jul 5, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #1,168 of 1,568
@JasonNYC

Couple questions

1. How come when I remove SD card and use in another device when it is put into the AK the playlist are emptied. Edit: for clarification, the playlist were made on the AK to begin with
  2. Is there a way to take screenshots?
Thanks!

Jul 6, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #1,169 of 1,568
Last night the whole family came out to play

Nice collection. I own an sp1000 ss but am after a different AK for work. What's the ak70 with Kai mod like?

Jul 6, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #1,170 of 1,568
Nice collection. I own an sp1000 ss but am after a different AK for work. What's the ak70 with Kai mod like?

Quite significant improvement over original ak70, especially in the low end, but not worth getting in today's landscape. If you want a small one, get the sr15.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back