Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Aug 26, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #1,396 of 1,568
Thanks for your reply, I have no issue on Foobar2k.

Problem is with Spotify's xapk file. I can't find extract file function when i 'right click' spoftify xapk file.

Or should i drag XAPK installer apk file into Open Service folder? Will XAPK installer file appears in System Menu, then use this app to install Spotify ?
the xapk is a compressed file, uncompress with zip tool, and show one apk with the name Spotify . only move one apk like this com.aspiro.spotify.apk

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #1,397 of 1,568
the xapk is a compressed file, uncompress with zip tool, and show one apk with the name Spotify . only move one apk like this com.aspiro.spotify.apk
I need to rename the spotify.....xapk file to spotify....zip before i can extract them. There are many sub apk files after extracted as below.

Do you mean com.spotify.music apk file ?

Spotify xapk.png

Anyway, I will try both methods, xapk installer and your suggestion.

Aug 26, 2020 at 11:37 PM Post #1,398 of 1,568
From SE100 v. 1.52 latest firmware as of now, however it said,

[Improvements]
- Volume safety feature added
: Volume safety feature can be turned on/off in the Settings Menu
: Alert when volume level reaches safety limit
(Function enabled as the default setting)

- Support for XAPK files in Open APP
- Operational stability improvements

How come the Spotify.XAPK is still not recognize when i move this file into Open System Folder?

Aug 27, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #1,399 of 1,568
Thanks for your reply, I have no issue on Foobar2k.

Problem is with Spotify's xapk file. I can't find extract file function when i 'right click' spoftify xapk file.

Or should i drag XAPK installer apk file into Open Service folder? Will XAPK installer file appears in System Menu, then use this app to install Spotify ?
You need to install the XAPK Installer first before you can install XAPK files. Please view this FAQ for more information - https://us.astellnkern.com/apps/help-center#!hc-do-astellkern-players-support-xapk-files

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Aug 27, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #1,400 of 1,568
Aug 28, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #1,403 of 1,568
Aug 28, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #1,404 of 1,568
Just got my first AK DAP with delight.

Initial response, it pairs well with my Andro, love their synergy, will see it grows over time and other listening gears.

One question, the APKpure apk file and Spotify Xapk file not appear in Service menu after i dragged them into open service folder, No problem with Foobar2k and Last.fm

Please advise how to install Spotify.

20200827_140225.jpg

Last night, I tried to listen it with my single BA driver Comet on one Japanese song, surprisingly I could hear very detailed waves, kids cheering background sound (very far away) which i didn't realize it from my WM1Z or WM1A... looks like ESS DAC is very detailing ... I don't hear any bright sound from Andros despite the detailing ... will try dynamic driver IEMs.

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #1,405 of 1,568
My Tidal apps is pre-installed, can it support offline?

Check out the screenshots.
1. Select an album or playlist, activate the upload button.
Tidal 1.jpg

2. Go to my collection and open the download folder.
Tidal 2.jpg

3. In the download folder, select an album or playlist.
Tidal 3.jpg

4. Press play the album or track, everything should work in offline mode (it may not work if the audio files are not fully loaded onto the player, wait until they are fully loaded).
Tidal 4.jpg

5. To remove an album or playlist from the download folder, use the download button (deactivate it).
Tidal 5.jpg

Good luck!

Aug 28, 2020 at 4:47 AM Post #1,406 of 1,568
Check out the screenshots.
1. Select an album or playlist, activate the upload button.
Tidal 1.jpg
2. Go to my collection and open the download folder.
Tidal 2.jpg
3. In the download folder, select an album or playlist.
Tidal 3.jpg
4. Press play the album or track, everything should work in offline mode (it may not work if the audio files are not fully loaded onto the player, wait until they are fully loaded).
Tidal 4.jpg
5. To remove an album or playlist from the download folder, use the download button (deactivate it).
Tidal 5.jpg

Good luck!
Many thanks for the screenshots, will check it out !

Aug 28, 2020 at 10:47 AM Post #1,408 of 1,568
I was listening to my Tidal playlist, it always stop after every two songs, anyone having similar issue?

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 7:59 PM Post #1,409 of 1,568
I bought Dignis Ator leather case for SE100 from Taobao at 50% of retail price. Share to AK SE100 users who are looking for case.
Screenshot_20200829-075604.jpg

Sep 1, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #1,410 of 1,568
Hi,

I have a second hand SE100 since 2 month and really like the sound with my Klipsch Heritage HP-3 and my ISN H40.
However, I'm interested in going a step ahead with headphone and IEM. Can you give me some advices ? (I'm thinking about the Focal Clear. Is it a good match for the SE100 ?)

Thanks for your help.

JF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back