Astell & Kern SE100: A&futura Impressions - Reviews
Jul 27, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #1,366 of 1,568
I just got the green light for se100
Can someone just give me as much impressions of the sound signature and convince me to buy it?
For reference my current iems are ocharaku donguri syou and donguri kaede.

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:40 AM Post #1,367 of 1,568
I just got the green light for se100
Can someone just give me as much impressions of the sound signature and convince me to buy it?

In a few words: A musically and airy sounding player with a large sound stage. Musically means not sounding cold or analytical, the music comes to life and let you whip your head or tap your feet to the music.

For reference my current iems are ocharaku donguri syou and donguri kaede.

Never heard of them. Get some Andromeda's 2020 or Solaris 2020 with balanced cable. Thank me later :beyersmile:

Jul 28, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #1,368 of 1,568
In a few words: A musically and airy sounding player with a large sound stage. Musically means not sounding cold or analytical, the music comes to life and let you whip your head or tap your feet to the music.

Never heard of them. Get some Andromeda's 2020 or Solaris 2020 with balanced cable. Thank me later :beyersmile:
haha you can look them up, basically one of the oddest japan tuning brands , very niche. Kinda fell for the odd tuning so a lot of stuff outside doesn't really amaze me anymore.I mean a lot of them are good but just not that interesting for me anymore.
i see some people say that the dap is analytical and bright. My current iem isn't that bright but it's quite peaky on the mid highs and could sometimes be harsh. So i was hoping that like you described, the se100 would be musically neutral.

Jul 28, 2020 at 6:35 AM Post #1,369 of 1,568
i see some people say that the dap is analytical and bright.

Well I wouldn't describe the SE100 as 100% neutral it's slightly focused on the highs, so I think that's why people telling it's bright sounding. That's one property of Sabre DAC´s also known as "Sabre Glare" but in my opinion A&K managed this good. Also, I wouldn't say it's too analytical. I had the SP2000 this was way more analytical and in a way fatiguing to my ears. It really depends on the DAP/IEM Combo you are using. As I said I'm really satisfied with my Campfire/A&K Combo no hissing, harshness and so on, so I can only recommend this to other people.

Jul 28, 2020 at 8:03 AM Post #1,370 of 1,568
Well I wouldn't describe the SE100 as 100% neutral it's slightly focused on the highs, so I think that's why people telling it's bright sounding. That's one property of Sabre DAC´s also known as "Sabre Glare" but in my opinion A&K managed this good. Also, I wouldn't say it's too analytical. I had the SP2000 this was way more analytical and in a way fatiguing to my ears. It really depends on the DAP/IEM Combo you are using. As I said I'm really satisfied with my Campfire/A&K Combo no hissing, harshness and so on, so I can only recommend this to other people.
Thanks for your and the very few people who have helped give opinion these days. I've just pulled the trigger and it'll take a while for the item to come by sea. Hope I'll like it as it's a huge step up from my current sony a55.

Jul 28, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #1,371 of 1,568
Thanks for your and the very few people who have helped give opinion these days. I've just pulled the trigger and it'll take a while for the item to come by sea. Hope I'll like it as it's a huge step up from my current sony a55.
Good Choice I think you won't regret it.Give it at least 50 hours of Burn-in Time before you judge over it. Because sound signature will slightly change in a positive way.

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:21 PM Post #1,372 of 1,568
... I've just pulled the trigger and it'll take a while for the item to come by sea. Hope I'll like it as it's a huge step up from my current sony a55.

So we are waiting for Your comments here after You will spend enough time with it. Curious to hear what You will say.

I always unconsciously thought that bright = bad. But even if SE100 is brighter, while using it I see no shortcomings because I do not see it lacking in other departments. Though I mostly lack comparison experience, so maybe that’s why. Best I had was DFC.

Jul 28, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #1,373 of 1,568
Had the SR15, SP1000M and the SP2000 for testing purposes .

The SE100 is in my opinion the best value you can get for you're money compared to all A&K Players thanks to his strong Sabre DAC and the big Screen.

The AK SP1000M is a bit more reference sounding (low, mids and highs are perfectly balanced). On the other side the SE100 is a bit more airy sounding with a bit wider sound stage. Also the 1000M has a weaker wifi signal than the SE100, I had always 1 or 2 signal bars less than the SE100.
In my opinion the SP1000M is not worth the extra money you are paying for it in comparison to the SE100 price!

I'm using my SE100 with the Campfire Andromeda and Alo's Reference 8 Cable. It's a mind blowing Combo which is also working with other AK Players.
I went from a SR15 to a SE100, and the bigger screen was a godsend; didn't realise it until I started to use the SE100, so much nicer to use. Visually I do like the tilted screen on the SRxx's though :) I am really no good at describing the sound, but all I can say is the SE100 is a much nicer listen than the SE15 (not that the SR15 was bad), but the SE100 is just something else.

Jul 29, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #1,374 of 1,568
Does anyone use or know of some form of display stand for the SE100? I would like to prop it up next to the hifi system, ideally physically capable of connecting it to the hifi at the same time. Will keep looking on Google, but cannot see anything obvious as yet.
Thanks
Jon

Jul 29, 2020 at 4:14 AM Post #1,375 of 1,568
Does anyone use or know of some form of display stand for the SE100? I would like to prop it up next to the hifi system, ideally physically capable of connecting it to the hifi at the same time. Will keep looking on Google, but cannot see anything obvious as yet.
Thanks
Jon
i'm not sure if this counts but i think miter did a standing case for the se100

Jul 29, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #1,377 of 1,568
Thanks
Jon
You can always get a mobile phone or tablet stand to do that at a lower cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back