Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Aug 9, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #5,147 of 5,840
What is the power amp upgrade we are expecting between SP2000 and its T version in terms of vrms or mw ?

Aug 9, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #5,149 of 5,840
Hello, I am using Amazon HD music for streaming on my SP2000. A few days ago, I started to get an error message: "Content Not Found .... You may not be eligible to access this content." I have a paid subscription to the HD service so I don't know what is going on. Has anybody else had trouble with the streaming on Amazon on their SP2000. I love my player, but it is kind of complicated when you want to install music streaming apps. Maybe I should delete the app and re-install it, but I don't know how to do it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Aug 9, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #5,150 of 5,840
Does anyone know the size of the new SP2000T? it looks a bit bigger than the SP2000.
506D4904-F9BA-4A25-8DBA-329CADB9329C.jpeg

Slightly taller than SE180.

Aug 10, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #5,156 of 5,840
I have a feeling the current Sp2000 will remain a side step to the T. Not an upgrade but a different taste.

Aug 10, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #5,157 of 5,840
Aug 10, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #5,158 of 5,840
I have a feeling the current Sp2000 will remain a side step to the T. Not an upgrade but a different taste.
For sure. I can't really imagine them improving on the SP2k sonically from a portable device unless they switched up its core house-sound. The T should offer a warmer, more analogue presentation to compliment SP2K nicely.

I personally think this is a better move since I am craving a DAP that is almost as technical but with a bit more of a colored/warmer presentation so I can pick and choose depending on my mood. Unfortunately, from what I've noticed in general, warmth/analogue does tend to come at a small sacrifice to technicalities, mainly in staging and microdetail...so let's just hope those ESS DACs don't sacrifice too much in this case :).

Aug 10, 2021 at 11:33 AM Post #5,159 of 5,840
For sure. I can't really imagine them improving on the SP2k sonically from a portable device unless they switched up its core house-sound. The T should offer a warmer, more analogue presentation to compliment SP2K nicely.

I personally think this is a better move since I am craving a DAP that is almost as technical but with a bit more of a colored/warmer presentation so I can pick and choose depending on my mood. Unfortunately, from what I've noticed in general, warmth/analogue does tend to come at a small sacrifice to technicalities, mainly in staging and microdetail...so let's just hope those ESS DACs don't sacrifice too much in this case :).
Hey, you and me both, and in this release, I hope it is going to be what I am looking for!! I feel that the sp2k was very technical in sound and coming off AKM Chips, that is something. So when AK toss in a tube and even be using ESS, I don’t think there would be much of a change in the level of sound signatures, but at least the tubes should have that transients/timbres/warmth as intended , which is again, confirmed by the earlier impressions. He didn’t even thought that it was using Nutubes

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #5,160 of 5,840
@JasonNYC : Hi Jason, any news on the embedded Deezer app? It’s not working from months now. I know that I can use the side loaded app but in this case better remove it completely from the firmware if there is no plan to correct it.
Thanks
@JasonNYC : Hi Jason, sorry to insist but I never got any answer on this.
The embedded Deezer app is not working since at least December 2020 (just not possible to log in).
What's A&K plan here please? Are you still planning to fix the problem? Or more probably after 9 months the issue will never be addressed; so are you planning to remove the app to free some space so we can add a few songs at least ?
Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back