Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Sep 27, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #3,721 of 5,840
Confirmed having the same issue on my Android phone, but mine is showing Journey's Greatest Hits.

Screenshot_20200927-114110_Qobuz.jpg
@JasonNYC Thanks for checking. At least I know it’s not due to my >300GB imported library issue though as I said it happens when just streaming straight off. I’ll report it to Qobuz and the fact that it’s not just on an A&K DAP.

A side-effect of this is I’m now taxing my brain to think of non-unique album titles apart from ‘Greatest Hits’ or ‘Best of’. Would make a good music quiz question!

Sep 27, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #3,723 of 5,840
@JasonNYC Thanks for checking. At least I know it’s not due to my >300GB imported library issue though as I said it happens when just streaming straight off. I’ll report it to Qobuz and the fact that it’s not just on an A&K DAP.

A side-effect of this is I’m now taxing my brain to think of non-unique album titles apart from ‘Greatest Hits’ or ‘Best of’. Would make a good music quiz question!
I posted the issue with a few pics on the Qobuz USA Fan Facebook group. The Qobuz USA team is very active in the group and should respond quickly.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Sep 28, 2020 at 2:43 PM Post #3,725 of 5,840
few questions

I sometimes have issues with streaming using tidal mqa albums, that are 24 -192 bits, such as Megadeath - rust in peace album, which is 192 24, it keeps stuttering. Is anyone else having this issue, when I play regular version it works fine

Also why in deezer there is in no deezer hifi ?

Also it seems the wifi is kinda weak on Ak sp2000, although the router is only 5 meters from me with no walls, my streaming on pc works perfect mqa like that megadeath album!!!

Is anyone else having such issues, i am on latest firmware, and i did factory reset thinking it can help, but no this issue is really bugging me

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #3,726 of 5,840
few questions

I sometimes have issues with streaming using tidal mqa albums, that are 24 -192 bits, such as Megadeath - rust in peace album, which is 192 24, it keeps stuttering. Is anyone else having this issue, when I play regular version it works fine

Also it seems the wifi is kinda weak on Ak sp2000, although the router is only 5 meters from me with no walls, my streaming on pc works perfect mqa like that megadeath album!!!

Is anyone else having such issues, i am on latest firmware, and i did factory reset thinking it can help, but no this issue is really bugging me
WiFi is atrocious.

Sep 29, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #3,727 of 5,840
Re-opened my Sp2000, listening to Max Richter, Absolutely Spectacular. Dead quiet background. Awesome additions with volume warning and filter options.
I'm switching between Short delay sharp roll-off and short delay slow roll-off, very minimal difference. Keeping it on default for now, a little more perceived clarity at the expense of a little bit of smoothness.

Sep 30, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #3,728 of 5,840
few questions

Hi

I can't really help only to say I stream 24 bit/192kbps files from Qobuz without downloading them first without any issues. (There was a stuttering issue in the past but this turned out to be an issue with a version of the Qobuz app which is now fixed.) I used to use Tidal but haven't used it for a while but didn't have any problems in the past either. MQA files should be smaller than the 24/192 FLAC Qobuz files though. I'm using the latest firmware on the SP2000.

Sep 30, 2020 at 7:12 AM Post #3,729 of 5,840
Hi

I can't really help only to say I stream 24 bit/192kbps files from Qobuz without downloading them first without any issues. (There was a stuttering issue in the past but this turned out to be an issue with a version of the Qobuz app which is now fixed.) I used to use Tidal but haven't used it for a while but didn't have any problems in the past either. MQA files should be smaller than the 24/192 FLAC Qobuz files though. I'm using the latest firmware on the SP2000.
Have you tried saving one of the offending albums to your device? And do you still get the stuttering or does it play ok?

Sep 30, 2020 at 8:13 AM Post #3,730 of 5,840
Have you tried saving one of the offending albums to your device? And do you still get the stuttering or does it play ok?
An update, its related to my internet provider and DNS and wifi at home, I took my Ak sp2000 to work which I usually do not do, and works fine

Still at home I could not figure a solution, I tried DNS google and cloud fare and nothing works at home, all MQA albums do not work for me at home

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #3,731 of 5,840
Hi

quboz works fine at home even 24 bits/ 192

tidal is my issue but as I mentioned above its something related to my internet provider and the wifi

Oct 1, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #3,732 of 5,840
quboz works fine at home even 24 bits/ 192

tidal is my issue but as I mentioned above its something related to my internet provider and the wifi
As a technology manager - I’d recommend making sure all your network equipment is running the latest firmware. Here in the US, Comcast manages my modem firmware, but it’s up to me to update my routers software...I’d check to make sure it’s all current.

Oct 3, 2020 at 1:17 AM Post #3,733 of 5,840
It’s not same purposes but have anyone ever compared Dap such as sp2000 to desktop amp and dac such as topping a90

Oct 3, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #3,734 of 5,840
I’m using a90+ Ak SR15 and it sounds amazing. So wondering if this set compared to sp2000 what would be the different? Beside power?

Oct 3, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #3,735 of 5,840
I’m using a90+ Ak SR15 and it sounds amazing. So wondering if this set compared to sp2000 what would be the different? Beside power?

Doesn't make sense not to use the amp stage of the SP2000 (yes lots of your $$$ is spent on the R&D and design of the amp stage) bypassing that (condition no-load) using line-out to A90.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back