Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Apr 16, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #3,181 of 5,840
@JsysonNYC, please kindly provide a Roon update.

Just so you know my SPK2 sounds marvelou!
Sorry, I had posted an update in one of the other threads, thought I did here also.

Roon is on hold for the foreseeable future. Due to COVID-19 pandemic and most of our staff plus Roon staff working from home, it is too difficult at the moment to develop, test and certify. We have spent countless time and effort on this and are still planning on adding support soon, but we need to focus on development that we can do in-house and does not need third-party support for now. Once things calm down and return a bit to normal, we will pick this up again.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 16, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #3,182 of 5,840
Look what came in the mail today! Going to this after using the 380+AMP for 3 years is a massive jump. This is pure love the sound is unbelievable so happy with AK. Reading this forum really helps but just buy it.

Attachments

• IMG-3997.jpg
    IMG-3997.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Apr 17, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #3,183 of 5,840
Sorry, I had posted an update in one of the other threads, thought I did here also.

Roon is on hold for the foreseeable future. Due to COVID-19 pandemic and most of our staff plus Roon staff working from home, it is too difficult at the moment to develop, test and certify. We have spent countless time and effort on this and are still planning on adding support soon, but we need to focus on development that we can do in-house and does not need third-party support for now. Once things calm down and return a bit to normal, we will pick this up again.
Can you clarify what you mean by “adding support soon”? Given that you say Roon is on hold for the foreseeable future what kind of support and how soon?
Adding Roon is the one most important thing AK could do for its DAPs.

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #3,184 of 5,840
Can you clarify what you mean by “adding support soon”? Given that you say Roon is on hold for the foreseeable future what kind of support and how soon?
Adding Roon is the one most important thing AK could do for its DAPs.

‘We have spent countless time and effort on this (Roon feature) and are still planning on adding support (Roon feature when they become available) soon,’

Apr 17, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #3,185 of 5,840
does anyone notice any hiss even the vol is set to zero after updating to version 1.22 ??

Apr 18, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #3,186 of 5,840
Guys, I just had my SP2K lined-out to WA8 (unbalanced mode) and trying out EQ on the device. Then I just heard a pop sound then the left channel is barely making any sound (with hiss). It's been working fine for the past a few weeks on this set up (without using EQ). I thought my headphones broke but its just the SP2K's 3.5mm output that's not working, balanced out works perfectly. Also just did a factory reset and still doesn’t work. I only bought this a month ago! Have you experienced anything similar? any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #3,187 of 5,840
can i ask if i use the ak sp2000 without a case, will it be prone to oxidation, or is this not a concern anymore

Apr 19, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #3,188 of 5,840
Guys, I just had my SP2K lined-out to WA8 (unbalanced mode) and trying out EQ on the device. Then I just heard a pop sound then the left channel is barely making any sound (with hiss). It's been working fine for the past a few weeks on this set up (without using EQ). I thought my headphones broke but its just the SP2K's 3.5mm output that's not working, balanced out works perfectly. Also just did a factory reset and still doesn’t work. I only bought this a month ago! Have you experienced anything similar? any help would be greatly appreciated!

At the time of using Line-out to connect to WA8 (unbalanced mode). How did you connect it ?

Apr 19, 2020 at 11:11 PM Post #3,193 of 5,840
can i ask if i use the ak sp2000 without a case, will it be prone to oxidation, or is this not a concern anymore
No signs of oxidation for my copper unit that I have since September. I do frequently use it without any case.
Do apply the plastic protector for the back panel as it is such a fingerprint magnet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back