Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Dec 31, 2019 at 3:19 PM Post #1,981 of 5,840
Cannot copy folder to SP2000 :

I just got the SP2K SS. When I tried to copy a folder (of music files comprising of Flac and DSD) to its internal memory via a PC on Windows 10, only the folder is created in SP2K but no music files are being copied across. There is no popup windows with the bar status that shows files are being copied, that is, nothing seems to be happening after the folder is created in SP2K.

The only way that seems to work : I had to go into each individual folder on my PC, select All the music files in the folder, and then copy to SP2K.

But this will be very tedious as I have to go folder by folder.

The SP2K manual states that I could copy entire folder. Am I doing something wrongly?

Appreciate any advise.
Thank you very much.

Are you copying them to the Music folder in the internal memory? How big is the file transfer you're trying to do? You should certainly be able to copy multiple folders at a time, and in sizes up to at least 100GB at a time.

Dec 31, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #1,983 of 5,840

I just got the SP2K SS. When I tried to copy a folder (of music files comprising of Flac and DSD) to its internal memory via a PC on Windows 10, only the folder is created in SP2K but no music files are being copied across. There is no popup windows with the bar status that shows files are being copied, that is, nothing seems to be happening after the folder is created in SP2K.

The only way that seems to work : I had to go into each individual folder on my PC, select All the music files in the folder, and then copy to SP2K.

The SP2K manual states that I could copy entire folder. Am I doing something wrongly?

Appreciate any advise.
Thank you very much.
I'm not sure if you mentioned it, but did you try factory reset?

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:12 PM Post #1,985 of 5,840

Appreciate any advise.
Thank you very much.

I think I have found the problem.

I had problems with my music files recently and I copied the music files from my Aurender X100 to my PC . It seems that Aurender creates a hidden .aurender folder in each album folder, containing the thumbnails eg. album cover. As these were hidden, I did not realise it. I deleted this .aurender folder, and now I am able to copy the music folders from my PC to SP2000.

Thank you all for your responses and advises.

Jan 1, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #1,986 of 5,840
So what are great iems to pair with sp2000?

Jan 1, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #1,987 of 5,840
Jan 1, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #1,988 of 5,840
What's your budget, and what sound signature do you like?
Good bass but not to detriment of mids and highs. Up to £1500

Jan 1, 2020 at 9:59 AM Post #1,989 of 5,840
Well, I'm loving the EE Valkyrie with the A&K SE100. They call the Valkyrie a "mini" Legend X. Seems a shame to Invest in a $3,400 DAP then limit yourself in the IEM department. If I was going to invest in a 2000 I would pair it with a custom Leg X or a Vision Ears Elysium, something like that, but that's a biiiig investment. But staying in your budget you can't go wrong with a Valkyrie

Jan 1, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #1,992 of 5,840

Well, I'm loving the EE Valkyrie with the A&K SE100. They call the Valkyrie a "mini" Legend X. Seems a shame to Invest in a $3,400 DAP then limit yourself in the IEM department. If I was going to invest in a 2000 I would pair it with a custom Leg X or a Vision Ears Elysium, something like that, but that's a biiiig investment. But staying in your budget you can't go wrong with a Valkyrie
I had Legend X for loaner for 2 weeks. Sure, they have „good bass“, more than enough. Too much. And the mids are affected because of this overdose. They do sound good, but maybe a VE8 is more that signature you seek. You would get a used one for your price.

Jan 1, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #1,993 of 5,840
I had Legend X for loaner for 2 weeks. Sure, they have „good bass“, more than enough. Too much. And the mids are affected because of this overdose. They do sound good, but maybe a VE8 is more that signature you seek. You would get a used one for your price.
Interesting... I'm going to be very selective at canjam in Feb...I'd like to compare a bunch of stuff but I don't want to burn out either...

Jan 1, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #1,994 of 5,840

Agreed, the Solaris pairs beautifully with the SP2000. One other outstanding option, if you can stretch a bit, is the Noble Khan.

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Jan 1, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #1,995 of 5,840
I second Solaris but with SE version. The SP2K is a very transparent dap that let you see deep up the audio stream into your music so you want to have an organic, revealing, cohesive, highly resolving and musical phones. Warm phones are fine as long as they stay within their department and don’t color the whole sound.

yes Noble Khan is very good if you don’t crave for big bass but it has very good mid and treble and musicality.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back