Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Sep 5, 2019 at 11:23 AM Post #753 of 5,840
Sep 5, 2019 at 9:33 PM Post #759 of 5,840
Got a sp2kss 2 days ago.

Sound signature nearly spkss ,notice the improvement around 5-10% after unboxing.

Very excite will it be after burn-in

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #760 of 5,840
Got a sp2kss 2 days ago.

Sound signature nearly spkss ,notice the improvement around 5-10% after unboxing.

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:27 PM Post #761 of 5,840
Got a sp2kss 2 days ago.

My friends say that the sound of 2k Cooper changed after 4 cycle of buring :))
I'm going on the easy way with some symphony and concerto.
The impression about sp2k compare to sp1k (lasted FW) is some kind of different, more speed, more punch, more controlled and bass texture render. The sp1k with lasted FW make the sound very smooth and easy going with lots of micro-detail but the sound is quite "sleepy"

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #762 of 5,840
My friends say that the sound of 2k Cooper changed after 4 cycle of buring :))
I'm going on the easy way with some symphony and concerto.
The impression about sp2k compare to sp1k (lasted FW) is some kind of different, more speed, more punch, more controlled and bass texture render. The sp1k with lasted FW make the sound very smooth and easy going with lots of micro-detail but the sound is quite "sleepy"
That sp2000 in your pictures , is that the demo unit ?

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #763 of 5,840
Then stop saying BS that it is competitive.

in no way is the sp2000 or 3000 for that matter competitive to the tt2 + mscaler. It is leagues above. Comparison is not even warranted.

this entire line of reasoning is foolish.

stop the foolish talk on headfi.

like saying a bicycle is competitive to a 911. They both get you to where you are going.

clown show

I have the sp1000cu and think that it is a great DAP. I had the hugo2 with an mscaler back when it was impossible to get a TT2. I ended up trading them back as the hugo2 was not an improvement over the sp1000. I though that the sp1000 actually sounded better as a source and external dac. The TT2 is a much different signature than the hugo2. It has more warmth than the hugo2. I thought the hugo2 had a sound signature more akin to the Dave minus the extreme resolution, transparency, and other benefits of the Dave.

To me for a two channel setup there is just something magical about an R2R dac like the Pavane and onyx they make the music sound more natural. I think that the mscaler brings this magic to the chord dacs and brings them to a different level.

So to me the SP1000 was a great value. It is a great source to feed an external dac. It was great feeding an mscaler into a TT2. It is an incredible DAP with totl iems with the noble Khan it is pure magic. I am interested to hear what it can do with the sp1000 amp. I most likely will skip the SP2000 and wait for the next gen upgrade from AK.

If you want to hear something really special listen to a system with a DCS Vivaldi DAC and some highend speakers.

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #764 of 5,840
Sep 5, 2019 at 11:11 PM Post #765 of 5,840
I have the sp1000cu and think that it is a great DAP. I had the hugo2 with an mscaler back when it was impossible to get a TT2. I ended up trading them back as the hugo2 was not an improvement over the sp1000. I though that the sp1000 actually sounded better as a source and external dac. The TT2 is a much different signature than the hugo2. It has more warmth than the hugo2. I thought the hugo2 had a sound signature more akin to the Dave minus the extreme resolution, transparency, and other benefits of the Dave.

To me for a two channel setup there is just something magical about an R2R dac like the Pavane and onyx they make the music sound more natural. I think that the mscaler brings this magic to the chord dacs and brings them to a different level.

So to me the SP1000 was a great value. It is a great source to feed an external dac. It was great feeding an mscaler into a TT2. It is an incredible DAP with totl iems with the noble Khan it is pure magic. I am interested to hear what it can do with the sp1000 amp. I most likely will skip the SP2000 and wait for the next gen upgrade from AK.

If you want to hear something really special listen to a system with a DCS Vivaldi DAC and some highend speakers.
With my experience :) I highly appreciate your impression.
If you have a chance, Plz compare Msacler+H2TT with DCS Batok :) it is supprising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back