Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Sep 19, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #1,051 of 5,840
With the SP2k coming in this weekend, I need a pair of closed cans for portable use quick!
I didn't really care for Z1Rs... I have the Ether C flows that are okay, could be better. I am quite happy with my A18t so not looking for another iem
Could someone who has experience with both Stellia and HD820 comment on what they prefer and why? I've narrowed down to those two, but if you know of any other more preferred, I would appreciate it.

A new closed ZMF Verite Close is coming out this month. I saw a recent review posted in 7/2019 being touted as one of the best HP he's heard. If I were in the market, I would definitely consider it.

Found it (
Thats an easy one!
I prefer the looks of the VO,but the VC is a friggin beast unleashed!

[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #1,052 of 5,840
I don’t know why you quoted my post. Because you didn’t answer my questions: Is the EQ something that works with the SP2k?
Bet he never uses eq

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:09 AM Post #1,053 of 5,840
I don't think the Sp2000 has less bass. It's got different bass. It's got better attack and less boomy.

Unless you think this is less bass.
Harder hits but like from a small baby fist hits instead of a grown mans fist. Yeah got it.

Sep 20, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #1,054 of 5,840
With the SP2k coming in this weekend, I need a pair of closed cans for portable use quick!
I didn't really care for Z1Rs... I have the Ether C flows that are okay, could be better. I am quite happy with my A18t so not looking for another iem
Could someone who has experience with both Stellia and HD820 comment on what they prefer and why? I've narrowed down to those two, but if you know of any other more preferred, I would appreciate it.
forget HD820. Buy Stellia. I‘d also say wait for the verite Closed but that headphone is not for going outside (also no case which fits in any bag, just too bulky), so it depends if you want to go outside. If so, get the Stellia!

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #1,055 of 5,840
Hi All, This is a bit of an odd post and I want you all to make me feel better. I have ordered a S2000cu will Layla AION IEM's. Please tell me it will be a good match and sound great. Equally, I'm open to abuse for being so impulsive. I have no experience of DAP's but want the quality experience. I have a nice Turn Table and speakers etc but am attracted to the DAP side of things. Thanks....

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:17 AM Post #1,056 of 5,840
Hi All, This is a bit of an odd post and I want you all to make me feel better. I have ordered a S2000cu will Layla AION IEM's. Please tell me it will be a good match and sound great. Equally, I'm open to abuse for being so impulsive. I have no experience of DAP's but want the quality experience. I have a nice Turn Table and speakers etc but am attracted to the DAP side of things. Thanks....
Well even the guys who already bought 30 daps still have no idea.

Sep 20, 2019 at 7:54 AM Post #1,057 of 5,840
Welcome to Headfi and sorry for your wallet. Glad to read that the SP2000 is your first high end portable music player. You will enjoy it I am sure and do not worry about the IEMs now.

Sep 20, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #1,059 of 5,840
I'm debating on whether to spend this year's audio budget on upgrading my SP1000 to an SP2000 + getting a Denon 9200, or keeping the SP1000 and going for a Stellia (I only have the KSE1500 currently). I guess step one is I actually need to hear what the SP2000 and the Denon 9200 sound like.

Sep 20, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #1,060 of 5,840
Mm....still transportable in my boo

I have a Hugo 2 but it sits in my study and is linked to my laptop, my Cayin N8 Brass Black is portable (around the house + holidays), the Hugo 2 isn't. I love its sound but I cannot carry it around my house like I can a DAP

Sep 20, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #1,063 of 5,840
Mm...burning in my SP2K cu, erlkonig and Stellia.....listening to elevator music on the HE1. Busy weekend for me on my messy listening station.

9B2FCCB4-C925-4EBC-B5A1-6263844BB034.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #1,065 of 5,840
mm...buggy tidal (sideloaded offline version) on sp2k cu:

I thought it was a one off thing. Now it happens on a regular basis.

Force stop does not cure it, only off/on player

that's really awful. And since this is not an A&K app it's doubtful that a firmware upgrade would fix it. Unless it's due to the low-level magic A&K must have implemented to bypass Android's normal audio processing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back