Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Sep 20, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #1,066 of 5,840
mm...buggy tidal (sideloaded offline version) on sp2k cu:

I thought it was a one off thing. Now it happens on a regular basis.

Force stop does not cure it, only off/on player.

Driving me nutzzzz!

What version of the Tidal app are you using? Have you tried downgrading and trying an older version of the Tidal app to see if you have the same issue?

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Sep 20, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #1,071 of 5,840
Make that twice! Cycles through tracks until it plays one. It's been playing these fine during the week. 20190920_193523.jpg

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #1,072 of 5,840
I'm debating on whether to spend this year's audio budget on upgrading my SP1000 to an SP2000 + getting a Denon 9200, or keeping the SP1000 and going for a Stellia (I only have the KSE1500 currently). I guess step one is I actually need to hear what the SP2000 and the Denon 9200 sound like.

Mm...will be traveling to HK next month, will bring my SP2K cu and Stellia.....seeking the Denon D 9000 (in my to audition list for awhile now) to see which closed back headphone pairs better. I am predisposed to loving the Stellia (having owned and love its close sibling, the Utopia since 2016).

-----------

Someone asked about HD 820 and SP2K cu pairing. Have the 820 paired with the Nordost Heimdall 2 cable. Problem is I don't think Nordost manufactures the 2.5 mm short adaptor to the H2. Only have XLR, 3.5 and 4.4 mm but we ll see how it goes with SE.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #1,073 of 5,840
Mm...burning in my SP2K cu, erlkonig and Stellia.....listening to elevator music on the HE1. Busy weekend for me on my messy listening station.

The only thing missing in this picture is sandisk clip+ :D

Sep 20, 2019 at 9:17 PM Post #1,074 of 5,840
I've been playing with my new SP-2000 for 3 days now and I must say I am blown away by the sonics. I will put my observations up here soon but I have a question for Asian and European customers who have had it longer. How do you find the battery life? I haven't let it go down that far yet but it seems like the battery level depletes very quickly. I upgraded from the SE-100 and it's going down way faster than that. I don't see how this is possibly going to get 8 hours:frowning2:

Sep 20, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #1,075 of 5,840
Hi All, This is a bit of an odd post and I want you all to make me feel better. I have ordered a S2000cu will Layla AION IEM's. Please tell me it will be a good match and sound great. Equally, I'm open to abuse for being so impulsive. I have no experience of DAP's but want the quality experience. I have a nice Turn Table and speakers etc but am attracted to the DAP side of things. Thanks....

I’m not expert but I’m sure the SP2K will impress, especially as its your first dap and you’re not trying to compare it with anything else. I find iems are a very personal thing though and unless you have tried these before, you might not be impressed. I haven’t auditioned a huge number of iems, but of the handfull I’ve tried I quickly found there were a few I really didn’t like, whether it be the sound (too high pitched or not enough bass etc) or the way they feel in the ear. I hope you find them great though, maybe you can exchange if not. At that cost, I would hope the dealer wants you to be happy with your purchase. Good luck! Let us know what you think once you get them.

Sep 21, 2019 at 12:39 AM Post #1,076 of 5,840
Still waiting for my SP2K CU to show up.
20190920_213535.jpg

Sep 21, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #1,077 of 5,840
The only thing missing in this picture is sandisk clip+ :D

mmm...I miss my Cowon D2 + and plain jane earbuds. Served me long and well back in my pre-headfi.org days. Simpler is better? Now, it feels like a chore chasing unicorns....not to mention the wallet burning expense/investment....but headphones helps me keep my sanity. Music is life.

I've been playing with my new SP-2000 for 3 days now and I must say I am blown away by the sonics. I will put my observations up here soon but I have a question for Asian and European customers who have had it longer. How do you find the battery life? I haven't let it go down that far yet but it seems like the battery level depletes very quickly. I upgraded from the SE-100 and it's going down way faster than that. I don't see how this is possibly going to get 8 hours:frowning2:

Mm...battery life has never been a strong suite for AK players. Sony does it much better (my WM1A lasts multiple, long listening sessions). From my previous experience with the 240, 380 and 380 cu and cu amp, I always keep a modestly sized battery bank handy for when I need to listen to my AKs on long flights. No biggie.

Sep 21, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #1,078 of 5,840

Interesting I felt the same about battery life. Seemed less than the SP1000 at around 6 hours.
But then after a few days battery would not recharge at all and machine died.
Just bad luck I guess and my dealer has been great and arranged replacement to arrive direct to my house Monday.

Sep 21, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #1,080 of 5,840

I left it playing this morning warming up. 10:30 till about 18:00 so 7.5 hours playing FLAC at 80 volume. Screen was probably only on 3 or 4 times though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back