Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
Dec 26, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #3,902 of 5,848
Not at all, I'm having problem with Deezer, I just hope we won't have a problem with all streaming apps (see other posts on this thread).
There are also reports of multiple problems with the Qobuz app.
And also with Amazon Music some time ago, I don't know if they were solved

Dec 26, 2020 at 8:50 PM Post #3,904 of 5,848
Dec 27, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #3,905 of 5,848
This is very strange.... Not the Deezer Amazon tchan tchun stuff, what is strange is people spending almost 4k in a top class Dap with tremendous sound quality and the main discussion in the forum about this fabulous dap is streaming.... Sorry this is beyond me understanding.... Want to stream? Buy a fiio m11 pro

Dec 27, 2020 at 7:42 AM Post #3,906 of 5,848
This is very strange.... Not the Deezer Amazon tchan tchun stuff, what is strange is people spending almost 4k in a top class Dap with tremendous sound quality and the main discussion in the forum about this fabulous dap is streaming.... Sorry this is beyond me understanding.... Want to stream? Buy a fiio m11 pro

So, because you don't like to stream we should not stream?
I have nearly 1.5 Tb of music on my SP 2000 (internal memory + 1 Tb microSD) but I want to discover some music before buying it, some I like to listen to but not worth buying, some music you can find only on one of the streaming services etc.
The whole point is exactly to pay almost 4k to have a top class Dap with tremendous sound quality for my files + streaming capabilities.
And I case you are not aware with Qobuz Studio Sublime subscription you can stream FLAC files up to 24 bits/192 kHz.
Don't want to stream? Buy a WM1Z or a AK380 :ksc75smile:

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:14 AM Post #3,908 of 5,848
So, because you don't like to stream we should not stream?
I have nearly 1.5 Tb of music on my SP 2000 (internal memory + 1 Tb microSD) but I want to discover some music before buying it, some I like to listen to but not worth buying, some music you can find only on one of the streaming services etc.
The whole point is exactly to pay almost 4k to have a top class Dap with tremendous sound quality for my files + streaming capabilities.
And I case you are not aware with Qobuz Studio Sublime subscription you can stream FLAC files up to 24 bits/192 kHz.
Don't want to stream? Buy a WM1Z or a AK380 :ksc75smile:
I said o don't like streaming? Where I said that?i do streaming with tidal 0 problems, what is strange is people give 90% of attention to streaming and 10% to local reproduction in a dap in this level, I don't think that AK did this effort to make a top Dap for streaming, is a complement a welcome feature, now people are putting streaming problem with deezer and other platforms ahead all, is almost a reason not to buy the Dap... This thing is crazy

Dec 27, 2020 at 8:45 AM Post #3,910 of 5,848
I said o don't like streaming? Where I said that?i do streaming with tidal 0 problems, what is strange is people give 90% of attention to streaming and 10% to local reproduction in a dap in this level, I don't think that AK did this effort to make a top Dap for streaming, is a complement a welcome feature, now people are putting streaming problem with deezer and other platforms ahead all, is almost a reason not to buy the Dap... This thing is crazy

What exactly do you have against streaming? The sound quality of Tidal/Qobuz streams are as good if not better than lossless 44.1 khz files.

It is nonsense that people shouldn't be buying these DAP's for streaming. The players support it and it is a valid usecase for an audiophile music player.

Furthermore, when costumers have issues with any feature(s) of a given device, they should be addressed and not sweeped under the carpet by claiming that streaming is a complementary feature of these TOTL DAP's.

There's no reason whatsoever why we shouldn't be streaming with these devices. Also, not buying a certain DAP because there are issues with one of it's claimed features (streaming) is a perfectly valid reason to do so. If A&K can't implement proper support for it, then they shouldn't advertise with it.

It seems to me that you are just looking to have a pointless discussion. If you like to be stuck in the past, maybe you should consider moving to the UK, that should accomplish what you seem to be after.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #3,912 of 5,848
This is getting crazy and crazy has time goes by... Now I am against streaming, if you guys don't understand what I mean forget it...

Well, you seem to think that somehow streaming is not proper usage of TOTL DAP. Yet, streaming doesn't impact SQ in any way and the hardware of the player is just as well utilised as it would be with local audio playback. For many people it might be all they use the player for. For them it is the main selling point of the SP2000 and that is fine.

How I view it is that A&K made a DAP that sounds as good as it can, no matter how it is eventually used by the end user.

Limiting themselves to local audio playback would be shooting themselves in the foot, as many users would expect to be able to stream these days. Especially with a DAP in this price class.

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #3,913 of 5,848
Tell me how many daps in THAT price class do streaming, Cayin N8? Lotoo Paw gold? Sony 1Z?L & p P6? How many?they don't sell? Astell&kern has to justify is price having a global perfect streaming capability and others in the same price class don't?I think that is much forgiveness to other brands, and to much demanding to Astell&kern, come on is not enough the SQ?

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #3,914 of 5,848
Tell me how many daps in THAT price class do streaming, Cayin N8? Lotoo Paw gold? Sony 1Z?L & p P6? How many?they don't sell? Astell&kern has to justify is price having a global perfect streaming capability and others in the same price class don't?I think that is much forgiveness to other brands, and to much demanding to Astell&kern, come on is not enough the SQ?

In that case, none of those would do for me. I want a DAP that is flexible enough to do both, local playback and streaming.

So no, they wouldn't have a costumer in me, I don't like limiting myself just for the heck of it.

Astell & Kern is pretty much the leading brand, when it comes to DAP's, apart from maybe Sony in both SQ and price. So yes, I would expect a pretty high standard from them.

To me it is ridiculous that neither Cayin or Lotoo offer streaming capability on their DAP's, while Fiio, which is considered to be a step below both of them in the quality of their products does. That is not to say they are bad products, but in a different price class obviously.

Also, I wouldn't expect the streaming to work perfectly, but at least be good enough not to be bothered with bugs half the time I use it.

While SQ is obviously the most important aspect for any audio player I would be willing to sacrifice some of it for the flexibility to play almost anything I like.

Last edited:
Dec 28, 2020 at 10:36 AM Post #3,915 of 5,848
Hello,

Does anyone else have problem logging on Deezer with the AK integrated app?
I'm running the latest firmware on my new SP2000.

I always have an error saying that my details are incorrect but they are not, I'm able to log in iOS and windows app, plus changed password to be sure.
I opened a support ticket at Deezer but they are not very helpful for now.

Any idea is very welcome, thank you!

AK deezer.jpg
I was told the dev team was aware of the issue and has been working with Deezer to fix the problem. I will update when I have more information.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back