Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
May 25, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #3,287 of 5,840
@JasonNYC More Qobuz issues. If I turn WiFi off, the Offline Library is not available! Although to be honest everything is now running so ridiculously slow to access anything, it’s difficult to know what’s what. Seriously, unless my experience is a one-off I really think you should remove Qobuz from your list of supported apk apps on the SP2000 until these issues are fixed by whoever needs to fix them. It is mostly unusable for all practical purposes.

May 25, 2020 at 7:48 AM Post #3,288 of 5,840
I have just received my SP2K upgrading from the SPK.
I have copied the files on my SPK internal memory and paste them in the internal memory of the SP2K.
The songs are nox not in the right order. the last song in the list is for exmaple labelled 2/12 instead 12/12
what can I do?
thank you
Hi
That does sound strange.

How do you normally access the files, via the folder option or one of the others?

If the former, it will list tracks in alphabetical order by the file name so you would need to have the track number with at least two digits (e.g 01,02 etc. - although I did find an album in my collection with 100 tracks the other day!) at the beginning of the file name to get them in track order.

If the latter, all I can suggest is double-check the metadata for the track numbers on some problem files. Mine are marked n/nn e.g. 1/10, 2/10 etc. and I haven’t noticed any issues.

Also double check you haven’t inadvertently selected shuffle mode of course! It can happen to the best of us!

May 25, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #3,289 of 5,840
Hi, new head-fier here. I've had similar issues with Qobuz for months, first on Kann Cube, then on SP2000. Also on Fiio M11 Pro btw, although much less. My experience with the latest update (5.8.0.1) is much better than previous versions. I no longer have the very loooong start-up time. I don't have a large number of off-line albums though. My (hopefully temporary) solution was to download offline content with Tidal only, and use Qobuz for streaming. I have now started to download albums off-line again with Qobuz, so far without any major issues.

I have also provided detailed feedback to the Qobuz app development team by email. That might be another route. Still lots of room for improvement, but for me at least, the major issues were solved with 5.8.0.1.

May 26, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #3,290 of 5,840
Hi, new head-fier here. I've had similar issues with Qobuz for months, first on Kann Cube, then on SP2000. Also on Fiio M11 Pro btw, although much less. My experience with the latest update (5.8.0.1) is much better than previous versions. I no longer have the very loooong start-up time. I don't have a large number of off-line albums though. My (hopefully temporary) solution was to download offline content with Tidal only, and use Qobuz for streaming. I have now started to download albums off-line again with Qobuz, so far without any major issues.

I have also provided detailed feedback to the Qobuz app development team by email. That might be another route. Still lots of room for improvement, but for me at least, the major issues were solved with 5.8.0.1.

Hi and welcome to the forum

Whilst not super speedy at any time, the real problems occur when attempting to download significant numbers of ‘releases’.

I have now, very painfully and in fits and starts, downloaded 657 albums.

This morning the app took 16 minutes 20 seconds to even display the first screen. A further 30 seconds to finish loading. Then, upon clicking on ‘Offline Library’ a further wait of 9 minutes after which a message was received that ‘unfortunately’ Qobuz has to quit.

So for any reasonably large number of downloads the app is genuinely unusable.

Some may say 657 is a lot of albums to download, but define ‘a lot’.

1. The whole point I would have thought of any steaming service is to offer a large library of music and Qobuz advertises the availability of 50 million tracks and the ability to listen offline.
  2. Whilst I’m not able to do a scientifically controlled experiment against other platforms, these problems do not appear to exist for the app on an iPhone.
  3. Whilst not being super speedy, Tidal, even on the SP2000, has no problem dealing with this number of downloads and only takes a few seconds to display the same amount of downloads.
I will try contacting Qobuz again but previously the only answers I was able to get after weeks of waiting (and this was pre-COVID) were:
Try reloading it
Wait for the next release
It’s an A&K issue

I reiterate my point that Qobuz does not work as advertised on the SP2000.
@JasonNYC

May 26, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #3,291 of 5,840
@Steeve Apologies for the delay as it was a holiday here in the US yesterday. I have not tested last two versions of Qobuz, but will download and install this afternoon. I've found a few versions to be buggy on both AK players and on my Samsung S10. I have been using v. 5.1.8 and 5.6.2 on all of my Android devices (phone and AK players) as I've found both of those to be the most stable builds.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
May 27, 2020 at 7:26 AM Post #3,292 of 5,840
Hi
That does sound strange.

How do you normally access the files, via the folder option or one of the others?

If the former, it will list tracks in alphabetical order by the file name so you would need to have the track number with at least two digits (e.g 01,02 etc. - although I did find an album in my collection with 100 tracks the other day!) at the beginning of the file name to get them in track order.

If the latter, all I can suggest is double-check the metadata for the track numbers on some problem files. Mine are marked n/nn e.g. 1/10, 2/10 etc. and I haven’t noticed any issues.

Also double check you haven’t inadvertently selected shuffle mode of course! It can happen to the best of us!
Thanks
I have rebult the data base and it's ok now

May 27, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #3,293 of 5,840
@Steeve Apologies for the delay as it was a holiday here in the US yesterday. I have not tested last two versions of Qobuz, but will download and install this afternoon. I've found a few versions to be buggy on both AK players and on my Samsung S10. I have been using v. 5.1.8 and 5.6.2 on all of my Android devices (phone and AK players) as I've found both of those to be the most stable builds.
No problem. The real problem, apart from the little niggles which one can live with, seem to be downloading any significant amount of releases. I’ve kind of resigned myself to mostly streaming at the moment as I managed to completely break it with my 657 albums so did a factory reset and started from scratch. Having a downloaded library is good for being out and about. It’s just a shame as Tidal, although a bit laggy compared to smartphones, works ok.

May 27, 2020 at 2:12 PM Post #3,294 of 5,840
No problem. The real problem, apart from the little niggles which one can live with, seem to be downloading any significant amount of releases. I’ve kind of resigned myself to mostly streaming at the moment as I managed to completely break it with my 657 albums so did a factory reset and started from scratch. Having a downloaded library is good for being out and about. It’s just a shame as Tidal, although a bit laggy compared to smartphones, works ok.
I believe it seems to be related to the recent Qobuz app build and the requirement for Google Play Services. I spoke to the Qobuz USA team yesterday afternoon and they were going to follow up with the app dev team and get back to me. Have you tried downloading and installing an older version of the Qobuz app and see if you still have issues?

Normally, you should be able to downgrade and not lose any content you already downloaded, but it looks like whatever underlying changes they made to the latest version of the Qobuz app, you cannot go back. You would need to delete the currently installed app by pressing on the "i" within the circle icon and select delete. Install the older app version like you would any other APK.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
May 27, 2020 at 2:18 PM Post #3,295 of 5,840
I believe it seems to be related to the recent Qobuz app build and the requirement for Google Play Services. I spoke to the Qobuz USA team yesterday afternoon and they were going to follow up with the app dev team and get back to me. Have you tried downloading and installing an older version of the Qobuz app and see if you still have issues?

Were you told if the Play Services requirement is deliberate or if it's due to some introduced bug?

May 27, 2020 at 2:38 PM Post #3,297 of 5,840

Normally, you should be able to downgrade and not lose any content you already downloaded, but it looks like whatever underlying changes they made to the latest version of the Qobuz app, you cannot go back. You would need to delete the currently installed app by pressing on the "i" within the circle icon and select delete. Install the older app version like you would any other APK.
@JasonNYC It was with v5.8.0.1 that I had the problem. I do now have v5.9.0. but haven't tried any serious downloading with it. It works ok for streaming apart from the already-mentioned Google Play required message but that's only a minor niggle for me. I did notice that, unlike Tidal, you do lose all your downloaded content if you sign out - so I won't be doing that again! - but that was also in v5.8.0.1 The download problem is not a new one - it's been around for several versions. I can't remember what the last version I tried was but it was well over 2 months ago and that was similar. I don't think I was masochistic enough then though to persevere to 600+ albums! It only really starts to freeze consistently whilst downloading when you get past having downloaded 200 or so albums and takes progressively longer to start eventually getting up to 16 minutes. At 650+ downloaded releases, it simply can't cope at all and even if you do get in, if you try to do anything it quits.

Last edited:
May 27, 2020 at 2:45 PM Post #3,298 of 5,840
@JasonNYC It was with v5.8.0.1 that I had the problem. I do now have v5.9.0. but haven't tried any serious downloading with it. It works ok for streaming apart from the already-mentioned Google Play required message but that's only a minor niggle for me. I did notice that, unlike Tidal, you do lose all your downloaded content if you sign out - so I won't be doing that again! - but that was also in v5.8.0.1 The download problem is not a new one - it's been around for several versions. I can't remember what the last version I tried was but it was well over 2 months ago and that was similar. I don't think I was masochistic enough then though to persevere to 600+ albums! It only really starts to freeze consistently whilst downloading when you get past having downloaded 200 or so albums and takes progressively longer to start eventually getting up to 16 minutes. At 650+ downloaded releases, it simply can't cope at all and even if you do get in, if you try to do anything it quits.
@JasonNYC To test each version to that level of downloading, bearing in mind all the freezing and the general processing speed, takes the best part of 3 days!

May 30, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #3,299 of 5,840
I don’t understand why A&K released an entry level model SR25 with the latest OS and extra more-advanced features like LDAC than all the higher-end models above it. By doing so it project a perception where the higher models are sidelined. DAPs is about both the hardware and the software that they run on, they are not just some auxiliary services. Both are equally important. Especially so when it comes to a most advanced technological model like the SP2000 flagship. Strange business decision if u ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back