Astell&Kern new flagship A&Ultima SP2000
May 15, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #3,271 of 5,828
does any sp2000 owner have sony ier z1r, just curious at what volume you usually listen to

May 15, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #3,273 of 5,828
Hi good pairing :)
I usualy set the volume between 90-115 depending on the surrounding noise.
yeah i am at around 70-80 i thought wow that is a bit too much, but good to know that I am in the range

May 20, 2020 at 7:38 AM Post #3,278 of 5,828
I have just received my SP2K upgrading from the SPK.
I have copied the files on my SPK internal memory and paste them in the internal memory of the SP2K.
The songs are nox not in the right order. the last song in the list is for exmaple labelled 2/12 instead 12/12
what can I do?
thank you

May 23, 2020 at 8:59 AM Post #3,279 of 5,828
Hi all

I’ve been without internet at home for the last 2 months. Just got connected this morning so have updated to v1.22 and am now loading some apk apps which I’d been planning to do for a while. Qobuz was fine and I’ve also managed to load myradio. For some reason, Tune In and BBC Sounds both refuse to show in the Open Service list on the SP2000 for installing. . Any idea why that would be? @JasonNYC

I notice on the apkpure website there are various variants. E.g. arm64-v8a, x86, armeabi-v7a. Is there a particular one I should download? Usually I just click on the big green button to download without bothering to check the versions.

Last edited:
May 24, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #3,281 of 5,828
Does anyone else have problems downloading content from Qobuz?

It seems fine until you get to a certain tipping point and then it just freezes after even just downloading one track? It’s like it doesn’t think you’ll ever want to download more than 200 albums.

using Qobuz v5.8.0.1 on firmware 1.22

so do I. No improvement with 5.9. @JasonNYC Qobuz even throws an error in the latest version that google play services are required. Could we ask you to investigate on this?

May 24, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #3,282 of 5,828
so do I. No improvement with 5.9. @JasonNYC Qobuz even throws an error in the latest version that google play services are required. Could we ask you to investigate on this?
5.9 isn't on apkpure yet. I saw it on apkmirror. Is that what you use? In any case, it sounds even more annoying than the version I have! I also have a problem with Tune In and BBC Sounds from apkpure in that they simply don't show on the device for installation. Maybe I will try the versions on apkmirror.

May 25, 2020 at 4:18 AM Post #3,284 of 5,828
Further on Qobuz, it also generally runs very slowly. You have to wait several minutes for it to load in the first instance - literally go and make a pot of filter coffee and it might be ready when you return - and then another 30 seconds to load an offline library. In fairness, Tidal by comparison, although definitely very laggy compared to use on an iPhone, is a lot more usable.

With the downloading issue, it seems it can freeze with almost any number of tracks left being displayed, however if you leave it for long enough, it does appear to eventually complete the downloads and unfreeze. You cannot however use the device for anything during this period. This has been apparent for a long time and with many versions of Qobuz and the SP2000 firmware. As I’ve been without internet for two months I’m not sure if there was ever a version or combination of versions where this ever didn’t happen.

These are the kind of IT problems that I haven’t really seen since the 1990’s so it’s sad to see them back again.

I appreciate this may not be exclusively an A&K issue but it would be good if they could contribute to getting this resolved. Not sure if that helps @JasonNYC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back